“One of my favorite thermal experience”
Review of 7132 Therme, Vals

7132 Therme, Vals
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Vals
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I love this place, high in the mountain , a very beautiful building made of rock designed by Peter Zumthor, it seems like being in Stonehenge and seeing the wonder of the Aips while you swim outside and see the beauty of nature and its sound ,all surrounds you...There is a SPA and the Thermal Baths.. Both are excellence.. The thermal Baths offer various rooms. where you can experiment sound and feel sensations.. From a hot bath at 42*C then a cold immersion in a 14C , the Ayurveda perfumed bath, the 33C , the inner and the outer pools...This is wonderful. You cannot go to Vals without going to the Therme.

1  Thank gwillis

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in the main hotel and had a massage.
The location is beautiful without a doubt. The hotel is a very high standard with very good staff. They even managed to cater for my food allergies which isn’t always the case even in good restaurants.
The rooms are well equipped and wireless is free and of relatively good speed.
My big disappointment are the baths themselves. I found the baths quite cold (relatively speaking). The say the indoor main bath is 34°C but I didn’t feel warmer than 31-32 to me. I went in summer so the outdoors was at 30 which for me is too cold for thermal baths (when I take a bath at home it is warmer than that). There are no Jacuzzi baths or massaging nozzles or only a few for the feet but you need to find them (about 4 from what I could see). The specials rooms are OK but tinny meaning they were full most of the time (the sound room has 2 loungers). Plus there were a lot of kids making a lot of noise and lots of people just generally having fun. Now this is fine in a normal swimming pool and I can also understand when there are the Jacuzzi baths but this place is meant to be calm and relaxing and I could certainly not relax.
So yes the architecture is a bit like art (but I personally found it a bit pretentious) but I don’t go to the baths because of the architecture, I go for the baths and if it is just to sit in semi hot water (no matter if the water is special) I can do that at home. As well as sitting in the sun reading that can be done anywhere. Plus the price is really too high. You really only pay for the architecture. I can imagine that it is better if you are a couple because you’re too busy kissing to realize what the baths are. I much prefer the baths in Lavey which have much more variety.

5  Thank danserlavie
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great building and experience. By 'building' I don't mean only the view of its facade and interiors; I mean the fascinating experience it creates - the sequence of baths of different temperature/ colour/ smells of flowers/ light/ etc.

A truly magnificent experience!

More info:

- there are bath areas both indoors and outdoors. You can go from inside to the outdoors swimming pool through the swimming pool (you don't need to get out from the water). Hence even if it is snowing outside you can still enjoy swimming in the hot water both inside the building and outside with the view of the white Alps!

- TIP: if you don't want to stay in the fantastic hotel that is in the same building with the baths, you can still book a room in the associated hotel literally next door and enjoy with no extra cost all the facilities of the Baths anytime of the day or night.

- Prices are ok: I am not sure if I remember the exact amount, but for a single room in the building next-door and free access to the baths I think it was something like 90euros per night - not very different to any other nice hotel in a city in Switzerland..

3  Thank nat k
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was the second time we went there, and we are definitely coming back again! If you are in the area, you simply have to go there. With its many different pools, you can always find something that suits you, and the building inspires you to discover all the little nooks. There are no clocks in the bath which has a pleasant soothing effect. We especially enjoyed the outdoor pool, 35°C, with a majestic scenery of the nearby alps.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Just a wonderful place to visit for a two day journey from Zurich. Being a fan of both unique architecture and spas, this is a MUST destination if you have the time while visiting Zurich.

I swear, I did a jigsaw puzzle of the coutryside if Vals as a child.