“good hotel, nice location”
Review of Brighton Savoy

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brighton
Yarm, United Kingdom
“good hotel, nice location”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights, staff very friendly and helpful. Bernard on reception was lovely, really helpful and made us feel welcome and relaxed. Hotel was clean with nice furnishings in reception and ground floor. Our hotel room was a standard room, which was clean, spacious and light. I think the standard rooms could do with modernising the furnishings and updating the bathroom. There was a wedding booked in a private room when we stayed and the music was loud this was later turned down at about 11 pm. The mornings were quite noisy as people left there rooms to go to breakfast (doors banging) and cleaning staff wheeling trolleys across the corridors, could do with better sound proofing.
The hotel is close to the beach and local restaurants and shops. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I facilitated a (2 day) team development workshop here, and was delighted. The 5 stars is an acknowledgement of the fact that the hotel is what it is - comfortable, clean, reasonably priced, and in a location that is superb if you have business or pleasure nearby. Conference facilities are excellent, I dined at the restaurant which was above expectation, and loved the complimentary wifi in my room.
I also love the culture. Every person I encountered had a positive attitude and a bit of personality. That is a big credit to leadership, who clearly work hard to make it happen, and to the staff, who bring guest orientation to life.
Parking is great...the package works. I'm a fan.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank JFLonergan
MichaelELee, Owner at Brighton Savoy, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank your feedback in relation to your recent conference and accommodation stay at the Brighton Savoy.

I am pleased that we both met and exceeded your expectations,, free wifi and free parking are always part of the Brighton Savoy experience, as well as a team that endevours to provide an friendly warm yet professional experience with a twist of personality.

My family have owned and operated our hotel for the last 45 years and thank you for your generous review of your experience with us.

warm regards

Managing Director
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Bernard at the desk was very friendly and helpful. Parking was easy to access. The room was clean and overlooked the water. Dinner was expensive and we didn't eat there, but we did have breakfast in the dining room, which was very nice. Lovely beach walks. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CPD18
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My partner and I checked in for one night Sunday on 8/07/2012. At check in I asked the desk clerk if they were busy, which I was advised it was a quiet evening. I queried whether I could obtain a free upgrade to a sea view room after I had paid $119 for the night. I was advised that an upgrade would cost $60 although the sign showed $42, the difference in cost related to the Scoopon deal I elected to purchase.

Being notified of the additional cost I advised the desk clerk that I did not want to proceed with the upgrade, instead I asked if I could have the same value room but with a sea view AT NO CHARGE, my request was granted.

In checking out, to my surprise I was charged $60 for the upgrade which I never agreed to. I questioned the staff and the response I received was “the system says, customer had requested the upgrade”. After about 10 mins of conversation I gave up and paid the $60 as they had my credit card details.

My concerns were raised to the staff but were not acknowledged until a follow up email was sent days later. To this day 18/07/2012 I am still waiting for a reply from the director.

I must say the entire experience has left a sour taste apparently the staff at the Brighton Savoy pride themselves on their personalised service and honourable reputation in the hospitality industry.

I don’t think so!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Melbourne_Marky
I am disappointed and apologise that your experience at the Brighton Savoy has left a sour taste in your mouth,

The Reservation you made was for a standard room at a special reduced rate of $119.00. The Deluxe room you requested upon checkin, and stayed in for the night was at an upgrade cost of $60.00, my Front Office team clearly recall explaining this cost to you upon your arrival to the hotel.

Whilst in a perfect world we would like to give our rooms away for free, when one requests an upgrade to a deluxe room with beatiful ocean views, large screen 42" Tv's , double shower in the bath room, there is a cost and perhaps you misunderstood, but we maintain you were aware of the cost and accepted it.

My family have owned and operated our hotel for the last 45 years and yes we do pride ourselves on personalised service and an honourable reputation, and stand by my front desk team in charging the upgrade fee of $60.00

Regards

Brighton Savoy

Travelers are raving about these Brighton hotels

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here for a night and found quite nice. We had a ocean view from our room, and found the room had all the necessary amnetities. Dinner we had was expensive, but with the view and the quality of the food makes it well worth it. Recommended.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Dennis K
Melbourne
Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

This place is very dated and aside from the location has very little going for it. That is unless you enjoy trying to sleep with music blaring from the function room underneath. Might be ok staying here midweek but definitely check if there is any function on prior to booking. You could stay in a room above any rowdy pub for around $60/night... I paid over 3 times as much for my "pleasure".

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank bomberfan01
Tasmania
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed here 3 nights about 7 years ago for business and it was pretty good then. Stayed overnight again visiting on business and also think is pretty good. The hotel is positioned well, on the picturesque Esplanade between million dollar homes, across from the beach and an easy 10 minute walk to a fashionable shopping area with supermarket and plenty of cafe's in Church Street. The staff are very friendly and the dining room is sparkling. I had an evening meal and the steak was cooked as I asked (rare) but a tad cool when served. Breakfast buffet and cooked breakfast were well presented and tasty. My room was at the back but clean; some minor maintenance needed like dent in wall, chip in laminex on cabinet and table had paint missing from top. Bed comfy, bathroom spotless and big bath.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank FlipperTasmania
MichaelELee, Owner at Brighton Savoy, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and revisting my hotel after 7 years, you may have noticed quiet a few changes since your last stay, with a whole new facade, new restaurant decor, and changes to both hotel lobbys.

We have some exciting things happening to all the Hotel's 40 Standard Rooms over the comming few months, a total refurbishment with new furnture, soft furnishings, lighting, fresh paint and and exciting new colour scheme, The refurbishment will take place in stages with minimal impact to the day to day running of the hotel, We anticpate to be complete all going to plan by late September 2012.

Our Prototye room is almost complete and we beleive it looks amazing and places our rooms in good stead for the future.

Thank you for noticing our "Sparkling" restauraunt the new 8 metre x 2 metre Chandellier really adds to the whole atmosphere especially during these dark winter nights. I have dicusssed your feedback in relation to your steak to our head chef.

My family have owned and operated our hotel for since 1967 (45 years) and we are constantly evolving and doing our best to ensure we offer a friendly and high level of service and appreciate your feedback.

Regards

Managing Director
Brighton Savoy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
Beaumaris Bay Motel
#1 of 1 in Beaumaris
Parkville
Art Series - The Larwill Studio

Been to Brighton Savoy? Share your experiences!