“Great food and friendly service”
Review of Rocksalt

Rocksalt
Ranked #16 of 128 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We were visiting the Train shop down the street and decided to have lunch while in the area. We decided on the Rocksalt as it looked very inviting. We were greeted by friendly staff and given a table, provided with a bottle of water and glasses and given the menus. Ordered our meal and did not wait that long considering there were 6 of us. I ordered the chicken parmigiana which was large and tasted delicious, serviced with tasty freshly cooked chips and a side salad, all for a very reasonable price. I later had dinner at other restaurants while around the Bay, but this dining place certainly was my pick for the delicious food, generous servings and friendly staff. All members of our family enjoyed their meals as well.

There are newer reviews for Rocksalt

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited Brighton to check out the train shop down the road and on a whim decided to pop in for a coffee.

A little peckish, I ended up ordering poached eggs, bacon, grilled tomato and spinach with gluten free toast.

It was awesome! I was so pleased I had to take a photo, as you do.

Great coffee, too. We will definitely be back to try out more of the menu.

1  Thank grewmeh
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had a family birthday dinner here because we had previously been to the restaurant and were disappointed with some aspects of the visit.

We'd made a reservation and were taken to a window table on arrival and immediately asked if we'd like any drinks; the menus were already on the table.
Some little time later the waitress took our orders, confirming what everyone wanted; 2 salmon, a barramundi and pasta.

As our meals had not arrived 30 minutes after ordering we asked another waiter how long the meals would be and he answered 3-4 minutes. After a further 10 minutes we asked our waitress where the meals were and she said they'd be straight out, which they were.

Whilst they were all reasonably hot, we felt that whilst the fish was nice the mash and risotto on which the fish dishes were served were both tasteless. A little garlic or herbs and spices would have made the meals excellent rather than average.

Three of the guests ordered desserts/cakes that were quite large.

We'd probably return and keep a closer watch on the time.

1  Thank Johnpsau
Reviewed October 9, 2013

A great bistro type cafe with generous serves. Great breakfasts. The egg-white omelette is amazing. It is chock full of goodness: sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, capsicum and goat's cheese. It comes with half an avocado and delicious multi grain bread. Coffee is good too.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I went in without a reservation on a Saturday at 7.00pm. The head waiter (i think) pointed us to a table in the window where we were served by a very good young male waiter. I had the special of Spanish Prawn Bake which was very nice. My only fault is the Chorizo did not have much zing to it. My wife had the Sefood Linguini. The fish pieces and the calamari were slightly overcooked, yet the taste was still there and she still enjoyed it. The waitress that brought the drinks needs a little more confidence when pouring a beer. And the head waiter was still pointing incoming customers to their table. Mr head waiter (glasses), it is okay to walk the customers to their table. This place could very well be a fantastic place if the little 1 percenters are taken care of.