“Wonderful Service, Excellent Food, Great experience.”

Irori Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 136 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2013

A friend of mine, lives in Brighton and wanted and recommended we meet at Irori a local Japanese restaurant as he said it is very good and he was correct. He has been instrumental to introducing me to all Asian cultures and food over 25 years so I trusted his judgement.

So I got in a taxi from in front of the Wonderful Flinders Street Holiday Inn and took my self out to Brighton. My experience here was superb. Its a small place but they take bookings which I recommend you make as when I arrived on a Thursday night it was full except for a table James had reserved near the back of the restaurant. I had a warm greeting and they didn't mind BYO wine at all as she took my two bottles and open one when she brought some glasses. The food is contemporary Japanese. James explained, There is a sashimi bar where delectable, fresh seafood delicacies are prepared Right in front of you, though you have to get up and watch if your at a table. So this was my introduction to some marvelous Sashimi.

We had a mixed sashimi of tuna, salmon and whitefish and prawn to open along side that some Gyoza dumplings and Agedashi Tofu. The mains were Seafood Tempura, Beef Teppanyaki and Unagi Don grilled eel fillet and rice. Desert was Green Tea ice cream. Along with our wine we had hot green tea. Service was fast, friendly and efficient.

4  Thank VangeInternational

Reviewed April 9, 2013

If you are after a decent Japanese meal, this is the place for it. The restaurant is small and looks cozy from the outside. Upon entering it on a Friday night, it was jam-packed.
Despite our reservation for a table for two at 7.30 pm, we were told to sit outside as our table was not ready.
Food wise, gyozas were tasty, teriyaki chicken was not bad and golden rolls were a bit special. Lucky it was a warm night or it would have been chilly to sit outside.
Service was very rushed and our waitress could barely make any recommendations when asked.

I will only return if I am desperately craving a decent Japanese meal in the bayside area but otherwise Misuzu's in Albert Park is still worth the drive.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Irori is our local Japanese Restaurant that we have been to 3-4 times. Each time the experience has been positive and enjoyable.
The decor or this small, intimate restaurant is typically contemporary Japanese with a liberal use of timber panelling. The food is also what I would call contemporary Japanese. There is a sashimi bar where delectable, fresh seafood delicacies are prepared within view. Sashimi, always one of my favourites.
We had a mixed sashimi of tuna, salmon and whitefish to open followed by Gyoza dumplings and Agedashi Tofu. The mains were Beef Teppanyaki and Unagi Don grilled eel fillet and rice (photo). Desert was Green Tea icecream. We enjoyed a Japanese beer followed by a BYO bottle of pinot noir.
Service was quick and efficient. No complaints. Cost $107 for 2.
A very enjoyable meal. We will be back.

1  Thank jfarman