“Awesome little place in beautiful Brighton”
Review of The Little Ox

The Little Ox
Ranked #37 of 130 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Been to this place a couple of times now. Really amazing food. The menu didn't strike me as anything that interested me at first so I just went with my regular breakfast choice but it blew me away. I'm not big on going to the same place often as there is a never ending list of places to go in Melbourne but I've been back since and will be back again. Great food, friendly staff, awesome coffee. Overall great experience.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I had breakfast with my son at The Little Ox this morning. What a fabulous place and the best cafe I've been to in many years with exceptional scrambled eggs. The eggs also come with outstanding toasted turkish break tat is such a great changed to the under toasted, sourdough every other place seems obsessed with serving. Excellent coffee as well. Such a nice change from so many others cafes with great staff and genuinely, friendly service. We can't wait to go back!

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Saturday morning breakfast, served by a cheerful waitress, surrounded by young families. Beautiful food, good coffee, excellent pot of tea. Would recommend and come back again if in the area!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Have only ever been for weekend breakfast so far all meals and coffees have been excellent, and the staff are the best around sure sometimes you have to wait but never for long. All though I have rated the outdoor area as average it's because smokers light up when other people are eating, if it were non smoking it would be excellent.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Love The Little Ox, by far Brighton's best cafe. Great coffee, charming and polite staff with a sense of humour, just makes it so much better when the staff obviously love working there! It's always very popular and rare to get a seat straight away in a popular time like sat morning - but they keep you happy whilst you wait for a table. I often go there alone and the atmosphere keeps me company along with the mags, papers and one extra coffee! Meals also beautiful and best of all a great breaky. One comment of constructive nature, I find the music a bit too invasive and loud, sometimes its hard to hear over it.....But I keep coming back, well done Little Ox, the place to be!