“recipe is right”

The Pantry
Ranked #11 of 130 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Pantry restaurant has been an important part of the Bayside landscape for twenty years. In a relaxed, stylish setting, our customers can enjoy delicious food served with a smile by our fantastic team.Our team is like one big family, and we hope this comes across in the fun and friendly environment we have created. At the Pantry, we have something for everyone. kids, parents, friends, families and business associates come to our restaurant for our great food, coffee and wine.
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Always reliable. Excellent coffee and really excellent food. The prawn and crab linguine is my all time fave pasta dish. Waiters are consistently friendly and accommodating. Only negative is that some of the bench tables are very close together so that you are squashed up against someone you don't know. Also, there are often a lot of rowdy toddlers in here which I like to avoid now that my own are civiliized... But good on the management for welcoming mothers and small fry, because lots of places don't. Sitting in the sun outside on the footpath is very pleasant on a nice day too. All in all, it's definitely the best place in brighton.

1  Thank louloubelle

Reviewed April 19, 2012

This is a very popular cafe in Brighton, which relies more on the customers coming for the experience of being there than on the quality of the food and service. Over the years, it has become more crowded with the tables being closer to each other and the noise being considerable. It seems to be a place with devoted customers, many greeting each other (loudly) indicating that it has a consistent and regular clientele. However, unless someone specifically asked me to go there and it was their preference, I would not bother. Attention to detail is not always good. Gluten-free toast recently was toasted on one side only and was a little damp - perhaps from the freezer! Not really up to the standard that one might expect given the popular reputation of the place.

2  Thank MullSkye
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I think their porridge is best in world, coffee excellent, all breakfast dishes delicious. Outside seating is great, it's a friendly, sensible place for Sunday brunch particularly, but get there early. Papers to read, dogs to pat. Lovely.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

On the whole a pretty disappointing experience. The service was ok, the food ok, my husband had the lamb parpadelle pasta which was from the specials menu, i had the grain salad with chicken which was bit bland really I had to add salt and pepper which I never do and even so was still so delicate in flavour. It had a lemony yogurt dressing but not enough in my opinion. Pete, as Manu would say 'where was the sauce?'. Our daughters shared a pizza, $12 for a teeny kids pizza with ham and pineapple. Not exactly overwhelmed with that either, especially as neither would eat it. On the plus side, the table had lovely brown paper on it and there were supplied crayons for the kids to draw with. As I'm not too familiar with the 'in' crowd in Brighton, not sure if they were there yesterday. Wouldn't go again and don't think I would recommend.
The deli next door was pretty small and had more of the ready made salad/meal options rather than your typical continental deli meats and salamis. Looked nice though if not pricey.

1  Thank shazmadge
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Great food and atmosphere. The place to be and be seen in Brighton!