“Birthday lunch with a girlfriend”
Review of North Point Cafe

North Point Cafe
Ranked #80 of 126 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Melbourne, Australia
“Birthday lunch with a girlfriend”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

For our usual birthday lunch catch up, my girlfriend suggested that we go to the North Point Café located in Brighton. The restaurant is located at the end of North Road. You can see the water but there is a park and children’s playground directly in front of the restaurant so the water view is not uninterrupted.

I found the food to be very good as was the service. I think most people who come to this restaurant are locals, who pop in for a quick lunch/coffee/cake. Many seem to come from the Foreshore Reserve walking trail.

There was a good choice of food on the menu. I had the soup of the day, which was a very large serve and my girlfriend had the vegetable tart which came with salad. We also had champagne, cake (lemon tart and almond tart) and a coffee each. The bill came to a total of $60 which I thought was reasonable. I find eating around the Bayside area is expensive at any time. Even take-away fish and chips from this area is expensive, so I felt the $60 was ok. We stayed at the restaurant for about 3 hours chatting.

Parking close to the restaurant is ticketed ($8.50 for 2 hours). If you are lucky, you may be able find a non-ticketed parking spot further away from the restaurant. However, I think that in summer finding a non-ticketed parking spot would be almost impossible!

• Visited August 2012

Melbourne, Australia
“Great venue disappointing value give it a miss”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Always busy so getting served can be slow sometimes food is good but very poor value on extra we were charged $2.50 for a serve of tomatoes as side or extra
Turned out to be one half of a very green and under ripe and inedible tomato

how they can serve this and charge that amount for it is extremely disappointing I will not be back

We have let's of other great places on the beach offering better value

• Visited March 2012
“Poor value for money”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

$19 for 6 salt and pepper calamari rings on a small green salad is not what I would call good value!

• Visited November 2011
“View for Food.”
Reviewed April 8, 2011

We are locals and regularly do our beach walk (North Point to Point Ormond in Elwood and back), finishing at North Point Cafe for coffee and brunch. The food is always good and the locality is great. You can always eat outside because of the undercover area.

“Breakfast!! Breakfast!!”
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Reasonably priced beachside cafe, cheerful service, fresh ingredients. All that makes this place a hidden treasure in Melbourne. Just go and have a breakfast here!