“Great stay!”

Quest Brighton On The Bay
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed here for work and loved having a restaurant at the hotel so I did not have to go out at night. The food was delicious and no request from the reception staff was too difficult. The beds were so comfy and the rooms had everything I needed. I will definitely stay here again and recommended my colleagues do we well.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed August 20, 2012

After traveling from the middle of Australia I was extremely dissapointed, reception staff very poorly trained in customer service, the room front door opened to an epic climb up stairs to find a bed a desk and a tiny bathroom ( with a mouldy shower) room service was a lovely friendly lady who offer to carry my meal up the stairs she was the bright star in my stay. The meal was dry over cooked salmon which was cold, totally unedible, won't be coming back again .... God I hope the breakfast is ok I have a full day couse tomorrow and my stomach is growling now ... Thank god I only have one more night here...

Room Tip: Look else where if you want a lovely place to stay
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Valentin C, General Manager at Quest Brighton On The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Thank-you for your comments and feedback.
Our attic rooms are a unique product that has been very popular with our guests. One of the main features are the cathedral stile ceiling, private balconies and the access to the studio via the stairs case. This particular aspect is listed on our website so our guests can make an informed decision at the time of booking. We appreciate your comments and feedback in relation to the food. These comments have been passed on to our Head Chef who will ensure future orders are cooked to the excepted standard. In relation to your comments regarding our bathrooms, I am pleased to advice you we do have a preventive maintenance plan to prevent situations such the one you encountered. Following your comments we have acted and rectified this area of concern. We also like to thank you for recognizing our team members friendliness and service commitment. We do appreciate your feedback and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We found the room to be really well appointed , clean and had everything we needed.
Great atmosphere and great service. We will definitely stay here again. I cannot understand how anyone could not find this place appealing. Opposite the beach and Brighton Yacht club and pier. Absolutely beautiful setting.

Room Tip: Middle rooms looking into the courtyard are quieter, but some outside rooms have great water views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank julie w
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We had a wonderful one week stay here. It was clean, quiet, and attractive. It was also steps from the bay. The restaurant served great food. The owner is a warm and friendly guy.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed here for one night and glad to get out of there. We booked our room through the internet and requested (and presumed accepted) a king size bed. This was one of the main attractions for us as we are light sleepers and need the space. We arrived and were told for an extra $10 we could upgrade our room, get parking thrown in along with a complimentary drink. Why not? We said yes. We went to our room to find that we only had a (small) queen size bed (in a small room - I would of hated to see what we originally were booked into) and the room looked unkempt with a busted lamp pushed over into the blinds and mould through out the shower area. We went back to reception and stated that we had requested a king size bed but were told none were available and we had to make do. We asked that maybe they could throw in the $10 upgrade for free and they said OK - note that we had to ask for this. That night, we found the bed to be far too soft for our liking, it felt more like a water bed and the slightest movement from one person would create a wave from one side to the other.
We woke up cranky and a bit sleep deprived and decided to get going. When we checked out we were told that we had to pay the $10 fee on top of the room fee as there was no note saying to waive it. The manager got involved and they did eventually waived the fee. We advised them of the issues and they got defensive. The customer service was very poor. There are better places to stay in Brighton - the only good thing about the hotel is its proximity to the Brighton Baths.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KerrinD255100

Thank-you for your feedback.
Our property has a mixture of both queen and king size beds. Though we do try and cater to all guests requests, these cannot be guaranteed. All of our bathrooms have been attended to, so I am happy to say you would not encounter this problem again. The beds in each of the apartments are dream beds and are very popular with all our guests. We usually receive very positive feedback on their comfort so I am sorry to hear you say you felt they were too soft. If you would like to discuss any of the issues you raised further, please do not hesitate to contact me on 03 9591 5000.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

We stayed at Quest Brighton on the Bay in April in one of the Attic apartments. The room was fantastic. It just had a kettle and toaster but that is all we needed for the weekend- I know that there were rooms with cooking facilities but did not think it necessary for a 2 day stay. We were even lucky enough to have a balcony were we could sit outside. The room was very quiet and private and the bed and pillows extremely comfortable. The housekeeping staff was great in providing me additional amenities and the rooms were exceptionally clean. All the staff on reception was great and we were only a short walk from Church St where you find supermarkets, cafes and the train station. There was always something for us to do. It was also great to stay across the road from the beach. I would definitely recommend this to my friend and family and will stay again next time I visit Brighton!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights. We were expecting a reasonably spacious room, as the place is advertised as a service apartment. We got a small double bedroom, with a kettle/toaster on a small shelf next to the bed. The room was clean and well appointed but had barely enough space to store our 2 suitcases.

Front desk service is friendly and generally helpful but it is worth bearing in mind that the reception is not open 24 hours and only opens at 8am on weekends. This can be a pain - I needed to receive a phone call one morning and was unable to do so because there was no one at reception to put the call through to the room. One other thing that was not clear to us was that the rooms do not get cleaned at all on Sunday. Even on Saturday, our room was not cleaned. We saw housekeeping in the corridor and asked them to clean our room, but when we returned late in the evening we found that they had replaced our towels but not made the bed, which seemed odd.

If you're going to Brighton, there aren't too many places to stay, and this is certainly a decent option. Just be prepared for a different level of service than what you'd expect from a conventional hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
Brighton Savoy
Quest St Kilda Bayside
Quest St Kilda Bayside
#1 of 19 in St Kilda
Novotel Melbourne St Kilda

Been to Quest Brighton On The Bay? Share your experiences!