“Steak in Subi”

Ranked #12 of 109 Restaurants in Subiaco
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In addition to the Witch's famous food they offer the best of Australian wines. Cellar Master Darren O'Brien has explored and achieved an extensive list of the states best offerings. The Witch's wine list does however provide patrons with wine choices from all over Australia, New Zealand, France, Italy and more. The Witch's specialises in business lunches & functions. The two and three courses business lunches are sensational value and offer a choice of the Witch's specialty dishes to choose from. The Witch's also offers a choice of set menus for business functions. To view the menus simply go to the Dining page. We are ideally located for an early dinner before a show at the Regal Theatre or at the also for a pre football or rugby meal, lunch & dinner. You can give the Witch's dining experience as a gift. Gift vouchers are available for all budgets and make an ideal gift for any occasion. You can purchase a gift voucher by contacting us. Our friendly staff will organise the palatable gift for you straight away.
“Steak in Subi”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Although not overwhelmed with enthusiasm to make it a priority to try on first arriving in Perth, I had on frequent passing by of this long established restaurant been curious to see what everyone raved about. On first impression the street view belies the tardis interior, we would have preferred one of the more intimate booths but found ourselves one of only 2 occupied tables in the rear dining room. This quickly changed and before our main courses arrived most tables were full.
Food is simple, nothing special, but well presented and most importantly excellent quality steak cooked to perfection.
Whilst not the most intimate of dining establishments we would certainly not hesitate to return as either a couple or with friends and family.

Perth, Australia
“Obviously a reliable old institution”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had to try this place just to see for ourselves after reading mixed reviews on here. OK its not fine dining but its good honest food. I had one of the best fillet steaks I've had for a while and the service was quite acceptable. Its also not very expensive so I would use it again for a good honest meal out

Visited April 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Surprise eatery”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Had Saturday lunch at this main street eatery in Subiaco. Got a table outside and ordered our meals & coffee. A complimentary Lemon/mint Granita arrived which was very refreshing. Meals were excellent and the staff attentive. Would eat here again.

Perth, Australia
“Mixture of good and bad”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Had Garlic Prawns for Entrees and was as good as we had hoped. For mains my wife had the Lamb Fillets marinated in garlic and Rosemary. This choice was tasty and very tender. I ordered the Black Angus Sirloin and asked for medium. The skirt of the cut was tough and I couldn't cut through it. The meat was very rare and the béarnaise sauce soon turned red. Steak was chewy which was very disappointing. Sweets saved the night to bring the rating from poor to average. Not one to complain or embarrass my wife, I ate the meal, but we won't eat here again. Not worth the money.

Perth
“Not impressed”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My wife and I hosted two friends for breakfast.
It had been a long time since we dined here and had fond memories of our previoius experience; unfortunately this was not duplicated.
We all had variations of standard breakfast. I had the large breakfast (eggs, bacon, potato, toast etc)
The breakfasts came in two separate deliveries separated by approx 10 minutes (surely breakfast is not so complicated that the presentation can't be synchronised)
The plates were cold as was the food, perhaps "mildly warm" at a pinch, though bacon with cold fat probably indicates "cold:.
One of our guests had ordered extra grilled tomatoes on her dish, this did not eventuate.
I asked for extra-hot coffee, it was lukewarm, on request it was microwaved.
We wanted water all-round - no waitress appeared so I had to go and request this at the checkout area.

As there were only a couple of other diners present when we were there the service and presentation seemed without out excuse - not impressed!

1 Thank murraygray69