“Nice place!”

The Village Bar
Ranked #20 of 103 Restaurants in Subiaco
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Australian, Diner
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Perth, Australia
“Nice place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Loved the atmosphere here, venue is rather large, my friends and I came here for dinner. Such a huge range of food to choose from, not just the usual pub food! I had the Chicken salad in yoghurt w/ avocado chunks, corn salsa & harissa creme.. to be honest it was a let down; the chicken was dry, literally 2 teaspoons of the corn salsa and I found 1 avocado "chunk" throughout the whole salad. However, one of my friends had the Local Fish & Chips in Honey Vodka Batter, Tartare Sauce, Roasted Garlic Aioli - sounded delicious, looked delicious and tasted delicious! I'll be back again to give The Village Bar another chance because the staff were welcoming and friendly and prices aren't too bad. Recommended.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sarah S

Perth
“Great good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We dined here before a show I subiaco and we sat in the dining section in the back.

We shared the platter and a few other smaller dishes along with a bottle of wine and the food was amazing! Everything was tasty and fresh and all of our table loved dining there.

Service was great and just the right timing. We did have to go to the bar to order food though but it was a busy Friday night. The only thing we can say it was a bit loud to be dining there but the food out did itself. Looking forward to visiting again!

• Visited August 2013
Perth Aust
“Great night here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a great venue, only complaint was it was a Friday night so it was impossible to hear but you expect that in a bar. The menu was excellent and a great atmosphere. Will be back.

Visited June 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Dinner prior to an AFL match”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had an early dinner at the village bar before heading to Pattersons stadium. It was very good food at a very reasonable price compared to other restaurants in Perth. It's basically a pub but has a great atmosphere with lots of people eating there in their football colours and sports on the TV's in the bar. The service was also quick. I really enjoyed my gnocchi as did my sister her lamb salad. I hope to make this a regular part of my visits to Perth to watch the pies!

• Visited May 2013
Perth, Australia
“Great for many occasions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Village Bar is a brilliant venue for after work drinks, business lunches or for some time with your spouse. The food is excellent and the staff are amazingly friendly and helpful. The lunch specials are brilliant ($15) and vary all the time, and the full menu has something for everyone. I have taken my staff Christmas Function there two years in a row now. As per other reviews, I dont think I have ever been disappointed at this place. I have not tried on the weekend yet, but after looking at reviews I just may do as it has a relaxed atmosphere.

• Visited March 2013