“More miss than hits!”

Cuisines: Mexican, South American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

The good... The bright colour hair server. She is lovely and helpful. The paella. The lychee margarita. That is about it. The food is generally overpriced. For the prawn fajita, there are five or six prawns swimming in a sea of oily onions. The chicken taco was very dry. The nanchos were very hard. It is really not very good. I should have read the reviews before going there. Too late. I do not recommend this place.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I visited this restaurant twice of the period of a 10 day stay in Perth. The first time with my two sons and we had a nice enough meal and they did serve great "poppers"! So going back again a week later, this time as a party of 5 and it just happened to be on a public holiday.
The service was appalling, we arrived before the 'footy' crowd and one waitress was sitting up front eating her dinner when we arrived. We were given poorly printed B&W paper menus which loudly proclaimed that there was a 15% surcharge for eating there that night.
Flick through the menu and read the specials and asked for the 2 for 1 Margarita that was a Monday night deal only to be told that "we aren't doing that tonight, it's a PH" .... despite that fact that it was written specifically on a menu printed for the PH!
Our waitress was rude and argumentative about it too.
The food is adequate and portions OK but $16 for a bowl of chips and some dip?
The cost was well over $50 a head which did not include any drinks.
And they added on another 3% for the pleasure of paying with my Amex and ... thanks, but never again.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I went to Santa Fe last night for my 21st birthday dinner for just the family and I, there was a group of ten of us and the impression from the get go as soon as we walked in was horrible. The waitress that was serving our table was completely unprofessional and rude, she talked to me as if I knew nothing or I was two, either or and couldn't even get any of the drink orders right. I understand the atmosphere is loud but I would not recommend going there if you're in a group of 5 or more because they treat you as if you're a childrens party at McDonalds. I won't even mention anything about the food because that was slopped on the plate (yes, even for Mexican) and the fact that the waitresses left it 30 minutes to ask if we were ready to order after we sat there the whole time waiting for eye contact. Just ruined a good festivity and the feeling after leaving was horrible. I'll never go back again and I won't recommend anyone to go to the restaurant - time for a new mexican place!

1  Thank Vanessa L
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We recommended this restaurant for an 18th birthday party after having a good dining experience there years back. Imagine our grave disappointment when plates of unimaginative, flavourless, greasy fingerfood arrived at our tables. (Think 1970s pub fare). Paying a premium for finger food for dinner is only palatable if the mix of service, ambience, and food quality is right. The food was clearly not right, but nor was the ambience or service. Being packed like sardines in a back room was not so comfortable and the waitstaff highly unprofessional and more worried about working to their excel spreadsheet than providing for their customers. Thoroughly unimpressed and won't be back.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went to Santa Fe after a 4 year absence (for no particular reason) for my nieces birthday.
It was, simple Mexican food and two for one cocktails on a Tuesday night so you can imagine it was full of students and backpackers who all seemed to be having a good time.
The food was ok, as its just lettuce, minced beef, tomato, cheese, and taco shells without too much rocket science.
If you're chasing cheap eats and two for one drinks, give it a try.

I guarantee it won't ever get a Michelin star, but that's not everything .... Is it ?