“NOT ALLERGY FRIENDLY!!”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“NOT ALLERGY FRIENDLY!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I just rang to make a booking for a table of 9 on a monday night. Explained that I had a child with food allergies and would like to bring his food. Was asked which food he was allergic to, responded with "grains, dairy, eggs, nuts and kiwi fruit" Was told that the salads would be suitable. He is only 4 years old and doesn't eat salad, the risk of cross-contamination with salads would be too great with his extreme possiblity of anaphylaxis ( a knife that cuts cheese then cuts lettuce could put him in hospital). A little understanding and compassion would have been appreciated especially when booking for 8 paying customers.

Visited September 2012

“Awful”
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We waited for 40 mins outside-little communication with what was going on. They should learn from mrs s in service here. After waiting we finally sat down only to be told food was an hour wait *sigh* I remembered the food here being good but the refried beans for terrible. All in all a waste of a sat night in time and at fifty bucks a head for the privilege I won't be coming back :(

Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointing Food. Nice Wine. Inattentive but Friendly Staff.”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Just nipped in here on a Monday night in August 2012 with my partner for a quick glass of wine and a bit to eat.

We asked to share a starter of chilli rice balls which were fairly tasty, but a mixture of warm or cold. These definitely had not been cooked thoroughly and rice is not something you want to get wrong as it can lead to some very serious cases of food poisoning. Additionally, we recieved 5 rice balls which is a huge portion for one person, we struggled to share it. Not sure if this is a normal portion size or if they felt sorry for us thinking we couldn’t afford 2 starters and gave us a big portion. Either way, I was full after the starter.

The mains arrived and whilst warm, were noting special. My chimichangas were tasty, but soggy in places. Again, the portions were too large for us.

Yhe house wine was from Margaret River I believe, and at around $7 a glass was great tasting and good value for money.

The staff were fairly inattentive / non-intrusive. It took us about 5 minutes to catch their eye when we wanted the bill as they were too busy eating at the bar (presumably on their break) or folding napkins. However, once engaged they were very friendly and helpful.

I’d go back for a drink, but avoid the food until they get a new chef!

• Visited August 2012
Perth, Australia
“Don't Bother go to Juanta's instead”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

In fairness my husband and I are American and enjoy real Mexican food. I got the combo platter and the chicken was very dry and flavorless, the refried beans and rice were ordinary. My taco was okay and my husband's chimichanga was okay but none of it worth the price and we won't return. I recommend Juanta's in the station market for a third of the price and three times the flavor.

• Visited May 2012
“Interesting Mexican”
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

I'm not a big fan of Mexican food and came here with a party of people. I was pleasantly surprised. As well as all the usual standard Mexican fare, there were some special dishes that were interesting variations. I had the Chilli steak with soft tacos which was generous and tasty. I could have shared with another person. Those with the fish thought it was average and the risotto was excellent. The other dishes were good. Service was pleasant and helpful. At the end, it was very reasonable for Perth (which generally is very expensive).