“Service? What service?”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

A friend and I recently travelled to Perth to visit friends. We dined at Siena's on a Saturday night with our friends who highly recommended it.

Siena's is lucky the food was good, withmy ravioli being relatively flavoursome and well cooked. However based on the service we will not be going back anytime soon.

Our waiter never actually looked at us while we were ordering and actually walked off right in the middle of us making drink orders.

After getting out drink order wrong (because our waiter didn't actually listen properly) he proceeded to come back to the table and blame another staff member, who was apparently doing his job wrong, and thus our drink order was incorrect.

We had waiters arguing with each other at our table (in Italian) and one waiter swore when another customer asked to take the rest of their meal away.

We are unsure whether they were understaffed on this particular night, but after reading other reviews on here, terrible service seems to be a running theme.

All in all, if you want overpriced however very yummy Italian food served with no love whatsoever then this is the place to eat in Leederville!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

If I hadn't eaten here in the past and had good experiences, I would never give this place another chance. The waitress was rude and seemed very put out that we ordered tap water instead of bottled water. In a huff she collected up our empty glasses (putting her hands in them, no less) from the table and returned with them half-full and plonked them down, saying if we wanted any more we would have to go to the bar and get it. This is a sit-down restaurant and she was meant to be our waitress, and we were paying good money. Plus hasn't she heard of filling up a bottle? To top it off she got my order wrong, but by this stage we had been waiting long enough, so I was not inclined to send it back. I am also not inclined to return there any time soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My meal was disgusting and took 2 hours to receive it. We were celebrating my daughters birthday - on holiday over there from NZ. We had our grandson with us aged 3. Booked for 6.30 was 8.30 before our main meal came. All sorts of excuses and so sorry - but that doesnt cut it after we had been told three times that it was on its way. The Waitress apologized for the delay after 3/4 hour saying that they were very busy then tables around us got their meals, one table that had seated an hour after us. I ordered gluten free dish - it looked like it had just been tipped out of a pre cooked meal container - a thick blob on my plate. The pasta was over cooked and un distinguishable. Supposed to be with a creamy sauce with pumpkin and spinach on top but came with a oily tomato sauce and no sign of the topping - something was on the bottom where it had been tipped out. By the time the meal came grandson was grumpy - all in all a terrible experience. No garnish on any of the meals. The worst pasta meal I have had so dont order the gluten free - maybe they didnt have any in stock. Also the dark beer listed on their card werent available. You cant tell me that Perth doesn't have Guinness or Mackeson any more?

2  Thank Sandy W
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Never fails to please. You get what you pay for, and if you have high expectations you will not have them met. Relatively well priced, unpretentious food. Unsophisticated but generally rapid service. Usually busy and noisy. Kids love it which probably tells you the style of the place. I love it too.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Average food, average service, average price. We booked a table for 20, had a window of time to order, eat and be out! Seriously! They booked us from 5:30 to 7pm on a Friday night. Rushed the service so we would eat and be out of there in a 1:30 hours window. Pretty sad! Was very disappointed! We would've spend triple the money if we were given the option, but for some bizarre reason the booking had to be done like that. Will not go back there or recommend to anyone. Very disappointed all around. We have better options in Perth! Believe me!