“Little gem in Darling!”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Lovely little character-filled place in Darling. We only popped in for toasted sandwiches, but they were delicious, served with mini-roasted potatoes and the a small Greek salad - lovely fresh ingredients, great service, and an appearance from the Marmalade Cat herself! Lovely interior and can also sit in a little courtyard. The breakfasts being served to the diners around us looked delicious and you can also have lunch there. Also can buy lots of little goodies in the actual restaurant and there are a few other shops adjacent to the restaurant open on a Sunday which is good if you're looking to buy souvenirs.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Have had the most amazing food here. Always go back when I'm in or passing through Darling. From generously portioned breakfasts to tender steak sandwiches, The Marmalade Cat never disappoints.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

The moment I walk in the door, I always receive a friendly smile and greeting from each employee.

The menu has classic favorites (+-R45) to gourmet meals (+-R100), which is sure to keep everyone in your party satisfied.

With Marmalade (a real cat!) prancing between the dining room and patio, there is a familiar quality of being in a farm kitchen while dining. Food is not rushed- everything is home made here and thus takes a bit of time to assemble, however it's the perfect time to browse the shop goods for sale. Some places your meal arrives and you can tell it was just zapped in the microwave - this is not that sort of place. The Marmalade Cat offers home cooked, delicious meals.

I *love* the items for sale on the cafe walls as well as a warehouse-feel area filled with vintage goods, and the local designer clothing at the gift shop next door (all run by The Marmalade Cat). I always stock up on birthday gifts and homemade jams and honey for my kitchen.

My favorite meals: The Chicken/Bacon/Avo Wrap (comes with salad AND homemade chips) and the Friday night pizzas. Every Friday night is pizza night, where the pizza oven is fired up and there is a salad waiting for you on your table upon arrival. Booking is essential, as it is a local favorite and generally fully booked, even mid winter!

I can't recommend the food here enough - by far my favorite cafe in the Western Cape.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

I've stopped here before, so now on a trip with my parents I wanted to stop somewhere nice with them.
They were very impressed!
The restaurant also have some Banting (or LCHF) items on their menu.
I bought some of the farm eggs... Check through the "shop" section as well when you are there!!!

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Popped in with my family for Father's Day lunch, quaint and nice ambiance, food good but service extremely slow although friendly.