“The Links is worth a visit.”
Review of Links Coastal Inn

Links Coastal Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Alfred
Links Coastal Inn
Ranked #18 of 27 Port Alfred B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 24, 2013

A nice, quaint venue which is tidy and most importantly, clean. The rooms are a little dark but well appointed. A very nice restaurant and pub sporting a balcony overlooking Port Alfred. A very relaxed environment and the beers are cheap!

Room Tip: The Links has a couple of rooms outside the main establishment which appear to be lighter and bigger...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
TheLinks_PortAlfred, Manager at Links Coastal Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2014

Thank you for sharing your tip with other tripadvisor users! :)

Reviewed October 21, 2012

On the plus side, like others, we found the service very good indeed - not only competent, but enthusiastic, and they went to extra lengths to make us feel special during our one night stay. The inhouse restaurant had an extensive menu for dinner, and a nice, inviting African decor. On balance, however, the negative outweighed the positive for us. They had experienced heavy rains recently, and several of their rooms suffered damage that hadn't yet been repaired. Our cottage was musty, with mould on the walls in places. It was dark, and frankly, uninviting. Unfortunately, it was too chilly for us to sit outside or at the upstairs pub. The restaurant menu, while comprehensive, also posed a problem for the kitchen... they couldn't keep up. We waited a very long time for our dinner, and when it was finally served it was average in quality. Breakfast was very disappointing: no fresh coffee (Nescafe only), no fruit, no fresh juice. To sum up, we we'll look elsewhere next time we're out that way.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for writing a review on tripadvisor! We have used your review to improve ourselves :) Hopefully we will see you again some time.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Whenever I plan on visiting Port Alfred the first place I call, to make a booking, is the Links Coastal Inn. On this occasion I took my mother along with me. We were accommodated in one of the self-catering inter-leading family rooms that the Links has on offer. My stays at the hotel are always immensely enjoyable, I cannot recommend the Links highly enough.

The hotel bar has a pleasant atmosphere (take in the view from the deck) and the restaurant serves food that delights the taste buds. The hotel staff and the consistently high level of service at the Links are two key factors which have me coming back time and again.

Don't let the rates fool you, their inexpensive prices do not speak to the level of quality provided by the hotel. The rooms are always clean, the beds are comfortable and the eclectic African decor feels like something out of a psychedelic dream (my mother couldn't stop raving about it). For good food, great service and tourist friendly rates, choose the Links Coastal Inn. (^_^)

Room Tip: If you plan on bringing the family along with you, rooms eleven and twelve are great choices. They a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor! :) i am happy to hear that you and your mom enjoyed your stay with us :) hope to see you back again in the near future.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Our BMW Bike tour group stopped here for a night. Riding into Port Alfred was a nice surprise; east coast USA coastal type town. Link's was a perfect stop for us, after riding all day. We lucked out and were given the middle cottage in the back, which had a little kitchen, dining area, sitting area, nice size queen bed room and bath with large shower. The bar area on the second floor deck of the main lodge was a wonderful place to have a cold drink and watch the sunset. Our group ate dinner in the dining room, which is decorated very nice. Food was very good. I tried the ostrich and it was perfectly done.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Dear Karla, Cameron and team - thanks for helping me give my parents a surprise Anniversary dinner on the weekend. They had a great meal, enjoyed wonderful service, and the extra effort you made to transcribe my message to them and faciliate my paying for the dinner remotely was greatly appreciated. I look forward to seeing you all next time I am in Port Alfred for a visit.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Thank you Carla and team for a awesome supper again :) we regularly have friends over from the UK and the first restaurant they want to visit is yours! Excellent food and service - Thanks

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I have found a little gem in Port Alfred. It's right up on the hill with a small pub and wooden deck with a view of the river and sea. Probably the best place in town to quaff a few beers while watching the sun set. The restaurant served up some exquisite food in double time and the accommodation is just what I needed after a long day travelling. So comfortable in fact that I only woke at 9:30 and nearly missed breakfast! I was going to spend only one night there, I think I'll spend another and will definitely stay there next time I'm in Port Alfred.

• Stayed: March 2012