“Still pathetic ”

Barmuda
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2016 via mobile

Attempted to patronise this bar with friends this month. We were the only people in the bar, and the manager was the only person behind the bar. We waited for 10 minutes while he walked past us and cleaned glasses and ignored us. When we left saying we were going somewhere where we would actually be served, the manager said "cheers."

Reviewed January 18, 2016 via mobile

Literally right next to the river you can't beat the location and the view. However the service was incredibly slow. So if you're on a schedule and want a quick bite to eat don't go here. Took 45minutes to prepare 4 milkshakes!

1  Thank Marshall L
Reviewed December 31, 2015 via mobile

Waited 15 minutes to attract attention of waitron, ordered 2 cocktails, waited another half an hour to then be told that our drinks would be another half an hour, as they only had one blender. Decided not to wait and on leaving encountered the manager who shrugged his shoulders and said, 'what do you want me to do, make them myself?'. He was aware that his staff were struggling to keep up with cocktail orders, but at no time did he engage with his customers or attempt to help his staff. He had stood the entire time we were there with his arms folded, moaning at the waiting staff.

2  Thank Lus4reis
Reviewed December 30, 2015

I took my family from the UK here for lunch as I thought a drink and some food by the water would be a nice way to spend some time. Unfortunately, with the exception of the view, which remains nice, the experience wasn't one I'd like to repeat.

The service wasn't up to scratch. It took half an hour and two reminders before our drinks were served. The restaurant wasn't busy at all so I don't understand why this was the case. The food was slow as well and wasn't good quality or well cooked and one of the orders was wrong. The nachos was just a bag of Doritos with some cheese on and the calamari was chewy and overcooked.

The one saving grace was that the bread buns were nice - clearly freshly baked.

We were asked at one point by the waitress if the food was okay but before we could answer she walked off as if it was just something to say rather than an actual enquiry.

We spoke to the waitress after our meals and she responded by saying that all the staff had gone home. I would recommend to the owners that if this happens it would be better to temporarily close the restaurant rather than serving substandard food and giving slow service.

Reviewed December 18, 2015

We were treating our local hosts, they chose Barmuda for its setting by river. The service was very slow. Items on menu were off, eg Kir Royale one of my favourite drinks. The food when it came was good, fish and chips, shrimp, and plentiful.