“Beautiful game drive & lunch- Day of luxury!”

Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Port Alfred
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful game drive & lunch- Day of luxury!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Oceana has the perfect location overlooking the gorgeous beaches near Port Alfred. We were staying nearby at a friend's house and just wanted to book a game drive/safari and then added on lunch afterwards as part of a deal they do. It was quite amazing! We saw all sorts of animals, our guide was very knowledgable, and just soaked up the gorgeous scenery. To top it off, our 3-course lunch was outstanding! The food was top notch and we couldn't have been more pleased with our day at Oceana. I highly recommend it and we would love to return and stay on-site.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
H101, General Manager at Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and spending the day with us at Oceana. We trust that we will see you soon to stay with us and perhaps spoil yourself with some Spa treatments and fully experience what we have to offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Sedgefield, South Africa
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Oceana is superb in every way, from the friendliness of the staff to the awesome meals and the spectacular views. During our stay we went on two game drives and saw a lot in a short time,perfect for our short stay. I have to make special mention of the great service from ALL the staff,nothing was too much effort for them and they made our stay a memorable one. Hennie the GM runs a well oiled machine and his attention to detail did not go unnoticed. Well done guys, we will be back!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
H101, General Manager at Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Clive. I am glad to hear that you and Layla enjoyed your weekend with us and the service from the staff. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to have you back at Oceana soon.
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I ve had one of the most enchanting stays at oceana. Watching the African sun blaze the sky orange n red against the backdrop of myriad blues will be etched in memory. Watched the grace of the giraffe and the nimbleness of the nyala. Lovely staff and great food. The chef whipped up vegetarian delicacies till I was ready to burst. The room was spectacular and invisible hands kept it in order each time i stepped out.A fabulous dinner and great conversation with the managers made the stay even more special Wish I could have stayed longer.will comeback for a longer time with family and friends. Wishing oceana and its team a long summer innings and many more game drives and memories.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
H101, General Manager at Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your short stay with us. It was intriguing and educational to learn more about India and all it has to offer from you and we wish you well in your personal venture. I hope to see you back at Oceana soon for a longer stay to come and relax with your family.
Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Oceana is a beautiful place surrounded by spectacular views of the ocean and the game reserve. Warm welcome by all the staff, specially Nick the Greek.... Since our first contact with Jo-Anne I could feel the 'family' vibe. The chalets are beautiful and very private, felt like royalty treatment!!! The Staff did everything to feel us at home with breakfast-lunch and the special dinners. The preparation of the food - chefs - was amazing and the surprise table settings for every meal. Did enjoy the staff, Hollanders, amazing what they new about rugby, special recognizing the Legend Danie Gerber (ex springbok rugby player),. did Danie good!!!
Thanks to Trevor for an awesome game drive, his patience and the nice sun downer with biltong!
Last but not the least the treatment by Lindi at the spa, booked my husband for a full body massage, it was on of the best and my facial was so relaxing!
Overall, this is a beautiful place - Hennie & Andriënne you are doing such a good job. Felt like one big family! Would love to see you sometime again!!! Keep up your hard work!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gerber2013
It was an absolute honor and pleasure to host you both for the weekend, which I am pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed. We look forward to hosting you back at Oceana again for a relaxing break from your everyday busy schedule.
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The place was amazing, the food was incredible, and the staff at Oceana are friendly, kind, and helpful. I felt like I was leaving family when my vacation was done. The service and pampering are beyond incredible. The setting is so peaceful and relaxing and the scenery is astonishing. I stayed for 12 days and while it is a trek from Texas I would travel there again in a heartbeat. They really go the extra mile to make your stay one you will never forget...drawing warm bubble baths for you when you return from a chilly game drive, handcrafted letters on your turned down bed each evening, and going out of their way to make sure you want for nothing. I would recommend this place to anyone and though I went solo, it is also great for children of all ages.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Michelle A
Dear Michelle. Thank you for the review and recommendation of Oceana. The 12 days seem to have gone by very quickly and I hope you were able to settle back into work with the long travel. I trust that we will see you back at Oceana next year with perhaps your son who will also enjoy all the activities on offer at Oceana and the surrounds.
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

From the minute you arrive you feel that you are someone special. They greet you at the gate and after driving to the reception you are greeted by friendly staff. They take your luggage to your room and after showing you around you can relax and admire the view of the Indian Ocean. The lunch was out of this world and after a game drive dinner was served which was 5 star. The room was fantastic including a jacuzzi, tv that emerges from a cupboard at the foot of the bed. Great place to watch the Springboks drill Australia!! I would recommend Oceana to any couple who want to have a complete break and find themselves as newly weds. Thank you.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nelspruit, South Africa
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our second visit to this unique and spectacular Lodge. Magnificent accommodation, superb food, service and hospitality. A true gem. Attention to detail par excellance, friendly and professional. Well done to Hennie, Adriënne and their competent team. In my books, 6 star!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kariega Game Reserve - River Lodge
Mansfield Reserve
Mansfield Reserve
#1 of 17 in Port Alfred

Been to Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve? Share your experiences!