“A day never to be forgotten!”

Ruffles Lodge & Spa
Gold Coast
“A day never to be forgotten!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had our wedding here last year. It was a day never to be forgotten.
The staff where excellent and professional. They catered for all of our needs without hesitation.
The rooms are amazing especially the owners house!
Def a must see!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Megs D

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have not even checked out as yet & I feel compelled to encourage anyone considering staying at Peppers Ruffles to 'do it'! I have found everything from the accommodation to the food to the staff, second to none & I can say without a shadow of a doubt "I will be back". A special thank you to the chef who creates the most amazing food, the restaurant staff, including my fellow 'stacey' & the new guy 'Brett' who is doing SUPER job & Rebecca who made my morning 'extra bright'. Dina & the day spa staff are masters in their craft & as such, I have no other words & last but not least, Kelly the manager & Sharna who really looked after me, considering I am here alone yet have not once felt 'out of place'...and now as I hear the music playing, cueing me to 'exit' the stage, I am already planning my return! Thank you everyone at Ruffles, you recharged this mums batteries & made me love my family in a whole new way! Love & light, Stacey Sullaphen :)

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank StaceySullaphen
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband & I recently stayed and it was a spurr of the moment decision after we booked to go up to the Lodge for dinner... (we live locally). I was so disappointed on checking in to our room at 7.30pm that we would have to leave in the morning because I knew we could have totally relaxed in the beautiful villa and surrounding resort. Coming from a 5 star hospitiality background, it was so refreshing to experience excellent service, wonderful food & wine, exceptionally clean rooms and fantasic views! I am definitely going to come back & stay for the time this resort deserves!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gaynor P
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Ruffles for 2 nights in a treetop villa. It was the most relaxing 2 nights we had ever experienced!
We loved the villa and plunge pool. The views were to die for. Being in the bush we loved listening to the wildlife noises at night. We both had relaxation massages which were just so relaxing. Dinner in the restaurant was superb. Breakfast was ok, there could have been more choice available in the breakfast buffet including fresh juices.

This place is great if all you want to do is eat, sleep, swim and gaze at the view for hours on end.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Adamn1
John Nicholls, Manager at Ruffles Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us, we are happy to know guests have enjoyed their experiences with us and we are always striving to better ourselves across the property. Yes, the Treehouse Pool Villas are very unique and definitely a popular choice amongst our guests.
Newcastle,
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights in January. The room,pool and resort was beautiful and relaxing. It is a small resort and a wonderful quiet get away with no children -if you want a little escape from reality.The road up to resort was interesting.....glad we did not meet other cars along the way ! The spa treatment-Body Bliss was heavenly. Our meals were well presented- big for us and we love Al a Carte.Could not fit in an entree and a main but others could. The port and chocolates at night were a lovely touch. Our view was superb-close to the Gold Coast but far way to be nice and quiet. We will return soon. Rebeca at breakfast was excellent. Great service. We loved all the wood in the resort and the open restaurant. Great views. DVDs to borrow and plenty of books and games too.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Executive Suite. Great view and wonderful ensuite. Great bed-a good night sleep. Pl...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AlynNewcastle
It was lovely looking after you during your time at the Lodge. Thank you for your lovely comments, I will be sure to pass them onto all the staff, especially Rebecca who lights up the restaurant with her bubbly personalty and warm, caring approach. Hope to welcome you back again one day.
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We just spent six nights here in a treehouse villa and it proved to be way behond expectations. If you are looking for a place for total rest and relaxation and privacy this is the place to go. The staff are far by fantastic and cannot do enough for you. The menu is divine, even though only a small menu the food was the best we have ever had, the choice for breakfast was fantastic. If you are looking for the trappings of a five star city hotel and 24 hour service this is not for you. Below is the email I sent to say thanks to Ruffles -
"I just want to say thank you for our wonderful stay last week. My husband and I run a very business and time away is very rare for us, the time we had with you was probably one of the best holidays we have had for a very long time, including quick trips to Fiji etc. We came home very relaxed and refreshed just what the Doctor ordered for my hardworking husband. Your lodge is excellent and is one of the best we have ever been to, you catered for our every whim, your staff are excellent and could not do enough for us.New Years was sensational and we just loved it, last year we spent the night at Taronga Zoo watching the fireworks and sleeping over the harbour and were wondering how were ever going to match that night, well your party did it, it was one of the best New Years we have ever had, even though I was still ill."
The nightly turn down service of port and chocolates was a beautiful touch, my husband went to the spa for a massage and said it was one of the best he ever had. We had our own pool in the treehouse villa, but the main pool and spa was beautiful and the views sensational.
We would highly recommend it for a quiet weekend to relax and spoil yourselves, we know we certainly will be going back again for a weekend visit even though we live interstate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LeeAnnF113
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. As you say, it is such a relaxing atmosphere at Ruffles. We are so lucky to have the Eucalyp Forest and wild life all around. The staff really thrived on making your stay as rejuvenating as possible knowing how exhausted you both were when you arrived. Looking forwards to welcoming you back again next time you can escape the business.
Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I was so looking forward to my two nights at Peppers Ruffles Lodge & Spa. I'm not sure it lived up to my expectation (particularly given the cost). The staff were wonderful and extremely discreet. However I found the accommodation (Chum Villa) to lack privacy. We dined at the restaurant on our first evening but found the menu a little 'ho-hum' and the food to be ok. Based on that we decided not to go back for dinner the following evening.
The pool and spa were great with a fantastic view - I'm just not sure that having them located so close to the restaurant is a great idea.

Room Tip: I'd recommend a villa - they aren't as spacious as the Chum Villa but they have more privacy
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
The Star Gold Coast
The Star Gold Coast
#8 of 21 in Broadbeach
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast

Been to Ruffles Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!