Adams Peak Inn(Maskeliya)
  • Breakfast included
Sunshine Resorts(Maskeliya)
Agoda.com
Madusha Rest(Maskeliya)
All reviewsplace to staystayed here for two nightscarried our bagsdinner buffettrain stationsteep stepstwo double bedsan amazing viewrooms are basicwonderful placevery friendly and helpful staffwithout hesitationcottage roomnearest placehot showerbalconybase
Reviewed January 29, 2016

This hotel's main draw is it's location - close to Adam's Peak. There are rooms in the main building, plus a couple of cottages up a killer set of steps. I stayed in one of the cottage rooms. My room was basic and small but comfortable. The linen had a couple of stains and holes, so I used my silk sleep sheet. The cottage rooms each have a small patio/verandah with some chairs. The restaurant offers a good selection of food; it's also the only place you can use WiFi. Breakfast is good. Staff aren't great. Even though my group made separate bookings, the female manager wouldn't let us pay separately and inside we split the bill between ourselves and then pay in one transaction. I also asked for a porter to help me with my bag down the steep steps; 15 minute later and nobody arrived. But when I left, there was still the expectation of a tip!

Reviewed January 26, 2016

This is a basic hotel in keeping with most of the other local hotels. The rooms are up some steep steps but are a good size with mosquito nets around the bed. It is probably worth having a sleeping bag liner with you to sleep in. The bathroom is very basic. There is wifi in the restaurant and reasonable food in the evening and a basic breakfast in the morning. It is a good place to stay before Adam's peak because it is close to the start and staff are well informed. Certainly not luxury but worth staying in for the walk up Adam's Peak which is fantastic!

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2016

We came here after finding out the place we booked was far from Adam's Peak. We were guided to the hotel, but not in any way pushed to it. Staff were really helpful, friendly and well informed about Adam's Peak, and buses and trains the next day. Our room was clean. We did have to climb lots of stairs to it, but the views were beautiful and there was a balcony with chairs. We ate at the restaurant in the evening and the food was delicious. There was too much for us to finish so the staff wrapped it up for us to have for breakfast!

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2016

The hotel is very well located with a great view to the mountain. Even that the rooms are small and busy, they are clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good; not too much variety, but we were exhausted after ascending to Adam's peak so it was great.

Reviewed January 5, 2016

I appreciate this little town may not have a strong tourism culture. But this was up there with the worst travel experiences I have had.
1. When we arrived a man literally run off with our bags down the street, to try to put us in another hotel (yelling sister hotel). This hotel was worst than Punsisi!
2. After arguing that we booked Punsisi, we were taking to the room. Requested non-smoking and it literally smelt like someone had been smoking in the room only 1 minute prior.
3. I woke up to find a cockroach sitting on my toothbrush! and another on my bed.
4. Mosquito curtains looked like they had blood on them.
5. Pillows and sheets were filthy

Disgusting! and it was not even cheap.