“Atmostphere and services”

Ranked #12 of 17 Specialty Lodging in Ko Mak
Amphoe Muang Khon Kaen, Khon Kaen, Thailand
“Atmostphere and services”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

It was a a few hours boat ride (ordinary not a speedy boat one) trip to get to the island private resort pier.
The pier looks nice stretching out to the deep sea. The hotel lobby and terrace bar and breakfast area look nice exposing us to the fresh air. However, they are not as clean everywhere. The hotel staff look efficient and helpful. I personally think the resort is growing big in the number of rooms and area. They should hire more staff to do thorough cleaning in rooms, bathrooms, and swimming pool.
Foods are nice except do not expect to have a lot of seafood unless you specially order them and pay more!
The resort management people look around, help, and have a chit chat with guests to make the atmosphere a bit more welcoming.
Apart from this resort, we rented a motorbike to other beaches and resorts. Just from a superficial look, I think the resort is located next to a nice beach and the design looks nicer than a few other smaller resorts.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Phiphawin

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Thai first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is a rundown place. Service isnt something they understand. The food is poor and the rooms average at best. On top of that they cheated us by running my creditcard at an amount 3 times what I should pay. After long discussions they accepted to cancel the transaction. Now I found out that they never really canceled it. The only reason I gave one point is because tripadvisor doesnt allow for 0. Stay away from that place!!!!!

Room Tip: I cant recommend anything on this place. By far the worst place we ever spent time.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Soerensteen

Travelers are raving about these Ko Mak hotels

Australia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My family (adult children and partners) and I spent three nights at the Cinnamon Art Resort and Spa. Had there been alternative accommodation we would have checked out after the first night! The hotel is very run down and needs a great deal of TLC. When first opened it would have been beautiful, the photos are very deceiving and do not show the maintenace required. It appears that the resort has had little maintenance since the opening. Be careful walking on the boardwalks as one of our party was hit in the back of the head by one of the planks simply by walking along. I was also surprised tha the pool was closed for cleaning from Noon to 4.30 on the first day of our arrival. However, it was the extremely hard beds that ruined our stay as we were unable to get very much sleep. If this is the only accommodation available on Koh Mak, try Koh Kood.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless maintenace has been performed to bring this resort back to what it would...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mandy M
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Not very well taken care of, needs a face lift. Not value at 4000baht/night! Poor management and the service is slow (understaff). View is good. Food at restaurant is great but over priced.The location is great for a peaceful get away. Resort is not up to it's full potential. Needs a complete management reform.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I love travel around every months and write my journey. This is the second time at Koh Mak and this time wasn't the best time for travel but I decided to visited for see something different from peak season. Of course!! maybe not perfect but after I stay in Cinnamon Art Resort And Spa for 2 days I wouldn't want to go back city life at all. There's such a wonderful place and relax for me. Big pool is one of my favorite, peaceful and private close to natural that all I want when I want to avoid city life. Everyone are friendly. I can see some part going to renovate but that not bother me at all. For me and my friends everything here was great. If you are the one who want to travel to the Island when low season you have to understand about weather and sea because it wasn't great like you think may rain, hot, big wave. I am sure my friends and I will go back again when high season.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Peace S
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Good View, Good service
I stay 3 day 2 night. Good time for relax, reading the book, swimming and sunbathe.
This resort for the people need to avoid confusion in the city.
Koh Mak is small islands. Need go to by package due to can't walk to buy anything.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank YingLek
Doncaster
Reviewed January 4, 2012

we had no option but to stay here due to new year celebrations. The 4 star rating, is a bit of a mystery, do they make them up themselves?? Price completely overinflated for this accommodation, nearly twice as much as anywhere else on the island. location was unfortunatley bad, sea was unuasable, jellyfish, choppy water, and litter. Far away from anywhere else on the island. Breakfast was poor, if there were no eggs at the buffet, we would have just been stuck with toast. Cleanliness was good, and the showers, rooms, tv were all great, though beds were extremely hard, you will know about it in the morning! We would advise people, to avoid if possible, go there as a last resort, and hire a scooter so you can find other places to eat and stay.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Koh Kood Beach Resort
Koh Kood Beach Resort
#3 of 14 in Ko Kut
Good Time Resort Koh Mak

Been to The Cinnamon Art Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!