3,165 results
All reviewsthai restaurantobelisk restaurantmain buildinginfinity pooldead seajunior suitebeautiful hotelkids clubmini bargolf cartpool staffbreakfast buffet isprivate beachguest relationssoft drinksspecial thanksivan
Reviewed February 14, 2015

One night here did not feel like enough but we took advantage of the winter deal (much cheaper than the price for a night in the summer) and drove down from Amman to get some warmth. It's not like the other hotels next to the Dead Sea in Jordan which you can go to for the day - if you want to go to the Kempinski you have to stay the night, and it's worth it at least once! The view is absolutely stunning - definitely the best view from all the Dead Sea hotels. The infinity pool is heated and is absolutely lovely. The food was all excellent and the beds were super comfortable. Overall the service was excellent and our group certainly made the most of the champagne breakfast. It was slightly annoying that some members of our group had to wait for a long time before their rooms were ready (even though we turned up at 2pm). Also it would be a good idea to ensure there are always towels available at the pool as we had to wait quite a while for ours to come, but otherwise it was a lovely experience, and I'd do it again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room down by the Dead Sea overlooking it not in the main building.
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jasmine A
Sebastien , General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2015

Dear Jasmin A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback and experience with us.

We appreciate your comments and praising words about our facilities and Hotel offers.
With regards to the waiting time, I would like to extend my apologies, however our official check in time is at 3:00pm. Nonetheless our Front Office team is always trying to accommodate our early arriving guest as much as they can.

Once again thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we do hope to have the privilege to welcoming you back again very soon.

Sebastien Mariette

Reviewed February 12, 2015

Only had one night and will stay longer next time. Views are fantastic over the dead sea. Hotel and surroundings are fantastic. Infinity pool was a delight and staff attentive and courteous. Food very good but
more local produce would be a plus. Alcohol expensive but it is an arab country. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2015
1  Thank Spikefr
Reviewed February 5, 2015

We spent 3 nights at Kempinski Dead Sea and had an excellent time over there. The staff and the service provided by them were top notch. Especially Firas who worked at the beach was extremely helpful.
The location of the hotel was perfect, especially since we would wake up with views of the Dead Sea and beyond thanks to the upgrade they provided us at Check In.
The only thing I could have wished more for, was the room to have more lights and the same breakfast not to be repeated everyday. Since we spent 3 nights there, by the third breakfast we could find our way around the spread blindfolded!
All said and done, would to love to go back and stay at the same hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amj_amj
Sebastien , General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

It was a pleasure having the chance to welcoming you during your visit to the Dead Sea. I would like to extend my appreciation for your recognition to our staff; I have informed Firas about your feedback, who was very excited to hear from you.

I also informed our Director of Technical Services about your comments regarding the room lighting to take the necessary actions and I have also asked our Executive Chef to review our breakfast buffet variety. I hope for your next visit, you will find everything faultless.

Sebastien Mariette.

Reviewed February 4, 2015

I am the first to admit that I have never stayed in a hotel this nice with as great as services. Thus I am sorry to give them only 4 out of 5, but by doing something helpful (as they perceived), they upset me. The check-in was great even though my room wasn't ready. You can literally walk into the Dead Sea from the rocky beach at the resorts edge and they have mud available to do the Dead Sea treatment down at the water's edge. The staff was extremely helpful through out and even though the spa is quite a bit more expensive than I am use to, I enjoyed going immensely. The thing that irked me is when I got back from the spa at around 9, they had done turn down service and moved all the stuff I laid out. I am the first to admit that most people would consider this nice, but I have OCD and had to spend 20 minutes getting everything back to where I had it and wanted it. Also the breakfast buffet while extensive was cold (this in reference to the hot items) and there was no staff around to help when I couldn't find a serving item for some of the condiments.

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review about your experience with us.

I have to say that it was an honor receiving such a feedback from a top contributor like yourself, Indeed I am glad that you could enjoy your time with us and got the chance to try our “The Ishtar Spa by Resense”, however, I am so disappointed that we couldn’t earn your 5 star ranking.

We regret that you didn’t inform us about your personal preferences so we could avoid such inconvenience. If you may allow me to ask you to send us your full contact details at: reservation.ishtar@kempinski.com, in order to add this as a note on your profile, so whenever you stay in any of Kempinski’s properties, our staff will make sure to keep your belongings at the same place.

I have also discussed your concerns regarding the breakfast with our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Director and I can assure you that such shortcomings won’t occur again.
We are looking forward to receive your contact details and to welcoming you again in the near future.

Sebastien Mariette
Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea.

Reviewed February 1, 2015

My family and I stayed here for Christmas. What a fantastic resort. This is simply the best hotel on the Dead Sea. The property design, layout and landscapping is fantastic. The roos are large and very well appointed. The service is outstanding. The gym and spa are outstanding. The food is excellent. Simply superb.

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ravenwo
Sebastien , General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us, nothing make us more proud than knowing that we have succeeded to provide our valuable guests with a satisfactory stay.

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Sebastien Mariette,