3,170 results
All reviewsthai restaurantobelisk restaurantmain buildinginfinity pooldead seajunior suitebeautiful hotelmini barkids clubgolf cartpool staffbreakfast buffet isprivate beachguest relationssoft drinksspecial thanksivan
Reviewed January 9, 2015

We were coming back from wadi musa after being shocked by the beauty of petra and the horror of staying two nights at the movenpick there. we drove and we were tired. i booked two nights here to rest and it was a great decision. we went to kempinsky before and we were expecting the best. we found it. our car was taken away by the valet parking and after check-in, quick, we were taken by buggy to our sea side suite. it was n. 1400. we a semi-private pool and beautiful views on the dead sea and palestine we couldn't ask for more. very large suite, sort of a banyan tree one, all the amenities possible. great wifi reception, great toiletries. giant shower room. we were in heaven for two days. ok weather was awful but not their fault. we always has room service and we went to breakfast twice. it s open till 11:30, great for lazy people like us. a bit noisey if i may say so. i wont go into this. manners somewhere in the world aren't well taught...

i could go back anytime.

Room Tip: Ask for suite 1400 and try the mud bath at the spa.
  • Stayed: January 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Enrico S
Reviewed January 6, 2015

Checkin staff were excellent as were all staff. Room was amazing as we were upgraded to a beautiful room closest to the water, brilliant! Bathroom was superb. Access to the Dead Sea is great but it would be good advice to take some form of beach shoe to make walking on the pebbles easier. Breakfast was included and was excellent, beware of the birds if sitting outside. This hotel was an excellent location to relax at end of our Jordan trip and we would like to return again just for a relaxing couple of days doing nothing but relaxing in the Dead Sea!

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank valDubai
Sebastien , General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I am very glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you could benefit from a complimentary upgrade to the Ishtar village. It was a pleasure welcoming you at our hotel during your tip to Jordan and we are looking forward for your next visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 4, 2015

We booked two nights at the Kempinski as our first stop on a 15-day independent holiday in Jordan. After the 13-hour flight from Hong Kong my wife and I wanted a place that offered peace and quiet, good food, soft bed, isolation from the busy life “outside”, together with all the usual pampering one expects from a top-end hotel. I am happy to confirm that the Kempisnki delivered on every front.
Upon arrival we were told that we had been upgraded to a villa room, which offered more space and better views. The king-size bed was perfect, and we had a whole range of different pillows to choose from to make our sleep more relaxing. The bathroom was huge and beautifully decorated with limestone tiles, had a separate shower and tub, and of course all the usual bits and pieces to make our stay more comfortable. The minibar, although not excessively stocked, was included in the room rate, so the items we took didn’t incur extra charge.
Some of the restaurants and bars were closed, likely due to the limited number of guests. There was still several outlets to choose from, of which we tried only two; we ate buffet dinner at The Obelisk, lunch at the Pool Bar, and breakfast at The Obelisk again. The breakfast was perhaps the best I had ever had in a hotel, offering all sorts of dishes ranging from the usual “Western” fare through Oriental (Malaysian and Chinese) to the typical Middle Eastern. I was quite impressed by both the selection and the quality.
I can’t really comment on the activities or spa treatments that the hotel offered, since we didn’t try any of these. We spent our time either around the heated infinity pool set high in the hillside with amazing views over the Dead Sea, or down by the waterfront floating in the Dead Sea or packing mud on ourselves from the urns that were filled with mud for this purpose.
I also want to comment on the politeness of the staff, which really impressed me. They seemed to be reading guests’ mind and offered their assistance even before we could ask what we wanted. The moment we started walking towards the pool or the beach, somebody mysteriously appeared with towels. When we dried ourselves, somebody again walked by with clean fresh towels to replace the used ones. There was no signing in or using a room card for towels, as it was done in some other places in Jordan. Once or twice we were politely offered a spa treatment, but it was not even close to the hard sell that we had to repeatedly reject in other hotels during our two weeks in Jordan
If there is anything that I can complain about, that’s the number of flies that were around during our visit. I recognize that the hotel can’t do much about them, yet it was unfortunate that we couldn’t eat our breakfasts on the fantastic terrace overlooking the Dead Sea because of the dozens of flies that kept swarming around us. This, however, didn’t reduce the quality of our stay and I am happy to classify this hotel as one of the most relaxing establishments that we had ever stayed at. Thank you, Kempinski Dead Sea.

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LVarro

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such an extensive and detailed review about your recent stay with us.

I have to say that reading your detailed review was really amusing and pleasing, pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your upgrade to one of our Ishtar villas, to learn that your stay with us was impeccable and everything was up to your expectations, moreover, pleased to know that Kempinski Hotel Ishtar succeeded to earn your classification as one of the most relaxing establishments. On another note, I highly apologise for the flies’ issue, I am aware you understand that this is completely out of our hands especially in certain seasons, where the whole area suffer from the same issue.

I thank you once again for your feedback and I am looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed January 4, 2015

After a hectic drive from Amman to the Dead Sea we found another icon which is the Kepinski Ishtar. How good is this place. The service was great, the rooms were excellent and the staff were awesome. As you can rear, I am very impressed with this hotel.
If for what ever reason you find yourself in this area and want a place to stay and relax, this is the place.

Room Tip: I think you will find all rooms are great. The rooms down the front of the hotel right on the dead sea have an excellent view, however, the ones at the back have a great view of the pool area.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Glen B

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind and honest feedback.

I have to mention, I am very proud that you found Kempinski Hotel Ishtar, an oasis of serenity after your hectic trip, It was a pleasure welcoming you at our hotel and we are looking forward for your next visit.

Reviewed January 3, 2015 via mobile

Amazing hotel .. Best among others in the Dead Sea. Not many options for food though .. The Italian restaurant needs to re-visit their menu .. Akkad is all fine. F&B in general is not as great as the venue and the services offered in the hotel.

Will visit again for sure but I hope more food options would be offered.

Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us,

Our guests feedback are one of the tools helping us to continuously improve the experience we provide to our guests, I am glad to inform you that we have just created a new dinner menu for Ashur Restaurant, We are looking forward for your next visit to hear your feedback and we hope we will meet your expectations this time.