“Very good with a few small niggles”

Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Sweimah
Reviewed May 3, 2014

the hotel is a very high quality build. We stayed in the Ishtar Villas which were large and spacious and very comfortable. There are numerous beautiful infinity pools and the location on the Dead Sea beach and views are superb. The restaurants are very good but expensive. Small niggles. Why does even this high class hotel think its patrons want to be blasted all day by dance music around the pools. Its hard to find any hotel now that does not do this. This is not Ibiza. If you want calm contemplations then locate yourself around the sleepy river where thankfully the speakers are turned off although you can still hear the thwomp thwomp from the other pool speakers. Otherwise an excellent experience

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Henk-Meyknecht, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvsior.

Your constructive feedback is helping us to continue delivering the most excellent experience to our guests. Regarding the pool music, we try to please each and every guest taste by having a different concept for each of our 9 swimming pools, in order for our guests to be able to choose the perfect atmosphere according to their taste. We have asked to decrease the base of the music in order to not affect any other areas and we hope for your next visit, you will find your stay faultless.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,782)

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Luxury from start to finish - check in was quick, rooms were superb and very clean, the breakfast is amazing and the pools are really beautiful. This was superior resort standard and worth every cent.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Georgina M
Henk-Meyknecht, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind feedback with us.

It’s our pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your time at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar, we highly appreciate your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is one of those rare properties where the staff tries to anticipate your every want. The landscaping, public areas and rooms are beautiful. Definitely lives up to the Ishtar/Venus theme of beauty and pleasure. The Infinity pool is probably one of the best hotel pools on the plant with a view of the Dead Sea. Restaurants were good. (Only complaint was the limitation in choice around late afternoon.) Breakfast had a good choice - (but there was some competition from the flies). Can't say enough about the staff. They were perfect is almost every way. Look forward to a return trip.

Room Tip: Somehow I don't see a downside to any of the rooms unless there is an event going on. Most have...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Henk-Meyknecht, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending our hotel to the travel community.

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that we have succeeded to provide you with a smooth and pleasant stay. We also appreciate your comments regarding our restaurants food verities during late afternoon; we do have four restaurants serving lunch and dinner and three of them serve lunch, we hope for your next visit you would have the time to try them and give us your feedback.

Please allow me on behalf of the staff, to thank you for your kind recognition to their effort and hard work.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

the hotel is luxuriate and exquisite, the landscape is amazing which make you feel you are in island, many old beautiful olive tress which adds to the magic of the place, the rooms are good i thought it can be more luxury but it is simple and nice, large and clean, the bathrooms is special and fantastic, spoiled yourself in it, the room view not bad, i thought resort area can will have view for the beach, but each area you will have view for one of their pool and you cannot have access to other pool in resort area just the one you like the lazy river pool and the main pool in the middle of the hotel, nice place for relaxation, and quite. the hotel is highly expensive as room rate even for the standard room and the food, main restaurant has a variety of food and quality is good, most of the staff are friendly and helpful. the beach area can be better arranged, food can be much better. make sure your room lucked from inside if you do not want to see room services come to your room suddenly if you are setting at your balcony and you can hear the knocking on the door.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Henk-Meyknecht, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are glad that you got the chance to explore our hotel and its different facilities and outlets, indeed you can access other swimming pools such as the Sunken pool, Ashur pool, Infinity pool and we have other swimming pools for kids as well, we hope for your next visit, you would have the time to experience them. We do also have rooms overlooking the Dead Sea; please make sure to ask for a sea view room next time you book your room.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again and we would be pleased to assist you with any request in order for you to have the most excellent experience at our hotel.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

short holiday but it way sweet…. I arrived early and since i know that the check in time normally around two pm so i pre arranged spa treatment while waiting the room to be ready… very surprise when i arrive at 9:30 am, the room is ready and they let me in WOW.. what a wonderful start.. not to mention that i got upgraded mmmhmmmm…. the room is huge and very tidy…. very comfy bed.
the hotel is huge, whenever you pop by… alway amazing view with amazing people…. the guy who did my turn down is very nice and polite, make sure i got everything i need… love the amenities in the bath tab… its just fab…. i also like a little piece of flyer saying the weather forecast for the next day… to ensure that i put lots lots of sun cream :)
the spa is great.. try royal ham am.. you will love it…
the food is great.. i love the fact that they serve bubble for break fast.. whoohoo what a holidays.
the only regret that i had is.. i stayed too short, only two nights but for sure, i will be back…. the hotel just perfect for solo traveler, couple or family…. so yes…. it was a great break for me….

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting such a positive review and sharing your kind feedback with us.

We do regret as well, that your stay with us was short! We are thrilled that you had such a pleasant time with us, nothing please us more than knowing that our valuable guests are satisfied and happy.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you again but we hope next time, your visit would be longer.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I love this hotel and was supposed to go back a second time but unfortunately had to cancel my booking which was really disappointing.
I stayed in a Junior suite and my parents who were visiting me in Jordan had an executive suite. The rooms were absolutely huge and even though the decor isn't to my taste I still loved my room!
The architecture is impressive and the pools are beautiful.
There is a definite pool party scene at the weekends which I personally loved but it isn't everyone's scene. People doing shots and flicking cigarette ash in the pool is a little unpleasant though and it would have been nice if the staff had intervened. Luckily though there are other pools so you don't have to get caught up in the pool party.
The Thai restaurant was very good but I found the others a bit disappointing and the breakfast was nothing to write home about. In spite of this, the Kempinski Ishtar will always be my number one choice for a stay at the dead sea.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Henk-Meyknecht, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us.

We are disappointed as well that you had to cancel your booking to visit us again, we hope you will get the chance to visit us again soon and enjoy your time with us.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused by other guests by the pool, we try always to satisfy all our guests’ needs and we are disappointed that this caused any sort of annoyance to your good self, but we are happy to know as well that you could benefit from our multiple number of swimming pools and enjoy your time.

We are all looking forward for your next visit.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I have to admit I've become a frequent visitor at this hotel, as it is by far the best hotel at the Dead Sea. My only concern is that the quality of food is displeasing. I mean the restaurants themselves are fine but the food there is not up to standard , and outrageously expensive; I don't mind spending money on good food but its disappointing to spend so much money on something that is less than average! In addition , the menus lacks variation and in general its disappointing. Having said that, the morning buffet is generally good and has a lot of variation.
Steering away from the food part as it's hardly the reason I chose the Kempiniski Hotel , the overall atmosphere at the hotel is lovely. The rooms at Ashtar building are gorgeous and spacious. The pools are always clean and well serviced. We're always well taken care of by all the staff and the pool area is always well attended , which should be the norm but unfortunately at some hotels you wait for hours before getting any service. My son just loves the new beach area and the staff are so friendly that one of the staff that attended the beach actually took the time to play with my son and entertain him as it was a quiet day on the beach , which I thought was just amazingly friendly of him! I wish I caught his name , because I would've liked thanking him in person.
All in all, as I mentioned earlier, this is not the first time I go to this hotel and that's for the enjoyable time I have every time I go there.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We are so pleased and proud to read your review, which is giving us a great motivation to know that we have succeeded to achieve our goal, which is providing our guests with an enjoyable and special stay during their visit to the Dead Sea. However, I am disappointed that we didn't meet your expectations with our Food quality and variety; I can assure that we are working hard right now to ensure that we provide the best food experience to our guests and I hope during your next visit we will succeed to exceed your expectations this time.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sweimah
Crowne Plaza Jordan - Dead Sea Resort & Spa
#8 of 9 in Sweimah
Ma'In Hot Springs
Ma'In Hot Springs
#1 of 1 in Ma'in

Been to Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea? Share your experiences!