“Fantastic!”

Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Sweimah
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Felt like royalty from the moment we arrived. The staff fell over themselves to meet our every need or desire. The rooms are gigantic and luxurious, and the location on the Dead Sea is perfect. We really enjoyed our time in the water (as well as the mud that is available on the private beach). My spa treatment, though pricey, was also terrific. (Although I signed up for an "Arabian massage" and got what felt like a typical Thai massage -- but I felt terrific at the end of it, so no complaints.) Our only regret was that we didn't have more time to enjoy all the amenities this hotel offered. We thought 3-4 days would be ideal.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Yoyoy
Henk-Meyknecht, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback about your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to know that your overall experience was enjoyable and that we managed to meet your expectation in every single moment you spent during in our hotel. I have shared your comments with our team and praised them for the wonderful job they extended to your good self.
We hope to see you again in the near future, so you would have time to do everything on your list.

There are newer reviews for Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea

Reviewed March 15, 2014

From the moment we drove through the gates we were treated like royalty. We were upgraded to a room in one of the villas. Mini bar is all free, bathroom is huge and really luxurious.
The hotel was really quiet, and we went in March, however there was a heat wave. I was disappointed that only one of the pools was heated, would have loved to try the lazy river, but it was just too cold. Unforgettable experience floating in the Dead Sea. Hotel provides great facilities for applying the mud.

Hotels buffet breakfast in excellent, as you would expect for 5 star international.
Thai and Italian restaurants do great food and use amazing authentic ingredients.

The whole place is beautiful fitted and decorated. This is a really special place where you can feel totally spoilt and relaxed.

Only bad experience was that on two occasions with the 'do not disturb' on the door, we were disturbed! Just a. Small service issue.

Otherwise highly recommended

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Every guest at Kempinski Ishtar is a royalty and we are happy to know that we succeeded to make you feel like one. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the DND incident; I assure you that I have put my staff on alert to make sure that such incidents wouldn't occur again.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I was here for a two day conference in June 2012. This hotel is one of the nicest places I've stayed in the world, and I've been to a lot of nice places. Also one of the most expensive hotels I've stayed in (285 JD/night + taxes).

Stayed in an Ishtar Superior room, which was located in the small buildings immediately adjacent to the pools. It's quite a walk up a lot of stairs from the dead-sea to the main hotel building, so I was glad to be staying in the superior room. I think this location was what made the stay so enjoyable.

The nicest part of this hotel are the pools. The inifinity pool is incredible and the other pools are stunningly beautiful and very clean. It would have been great if my family was with me and I wasn't working like a donkey in the hot sun 24 hours/day.

Meals were OK. Best part of the meals was the incredible views from the restaurant.

The dead sea beach area was quite nice. The resort was reportedly almost full, but it seemed deserted. No line ups, hardly any people in the pools, etc.

Very large bathroom, rather plain room furnishings but OK.

The check-in and check-out processes were OK. Not too fast, but nothing to complain about.

We arranged for a hotel van to pick up our party at the Amman airport. The van was an hour late, which meant we did not arrive at the hotel until about 2:00 am.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are worth it due to their proximity to the pools. The walk from the dead sea up to t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your extensive feedback with us.

Indeed, your Ishtar Superior room has a very good location near to the swimming pools and beach; we are glad you enjoyed your room and had a pleasant time with us. We hope next time you would visit us for leisure so you could enjoy your time more with us.

We regret to read about the pick-up incident. Unfortunately and considering that it took place more than a year and half ago, it would be hard to track the case. But I can assure you that I will put my team on alert to make sure that such incidents do not occur again.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We went as a family with our 14 month old daughter for a week to the Kempinski and had a fantastic time.

From arrival at check-in, we were overwhelmed by the friendliness of the staff. Special mention has to go to Mohammed, the recreation manager along with his team for going out of his way to make the week as enjoyable for our daughter as it was. I would also like to mention Ibrahim at the main pool bar and Zarhya in the kids soft play as they were especially helpful however this shouldn't detract from all the other staff who worked hard to make us feel special.

One caution we would give is that the website makes a big deal about "9 amazing swimming pools". This is true, however what it doesn't say is that there are restrictions as to who can use them, some being adults only, some by invitation only. Strictly speaking there was only one heated pool available to children, a problem which will obviously go away once it gets a bit hotter. The kids pool is lovely and warm but it is a little too deep (0.6m throughout) for a toddler like ours as she can't stand up, can't swim, is too small for arm bands but only wants to walk around/paddle.

The perfect pool for out ltitle one was the main infinity pool as it is surrounded by a lovely shallow sloping area that she could paddle in. This is a 'no kids pool', probably because after the shallow bit there is a steep drop off into a 3.6m bowl, but they kindly allowed us to take her in there perhaps because it was quiet. We think this was excellent exercise of discretion which helped to make our stay enjoyable.

The other problem with the actual kids pool for younger kids is that it is surrounded by stone steps everywhere. Our daughter walks/runs constantly and we would have to watch her like a hawk as it would not be that safe whereas the main infinity pool has a huge flat area around it that she could explore with a little more freedom.

From a cost point of view it is expensive, but nothing more than market prices in this part of the world and I personally very much liked the two free beers that were provided in the mini-bar each day.

We felt the hotel was pretty stunning, amazing location/views, spotlessly clean and well maintained. Dead Sea toiletties are a bonus.

Food in the main restaurant was fine - typical buffet for this sort of hotel - the music in there was on a 10 minute loop and had me pleading with staff every day that it be changed. It is still ringing in my ears now so I really hope they sort this out.

The only other restaurant we tried was the Thai one where the food was delicious and highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank moreski
Henk-Meyknecht, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this extensive and constructive feedback with us.

We are glad to know that you and your family had a pleasant time with us and enjoyed your stay. I would also like to thank you for your special recognition to our staff and recreation team.

Regarding the swimming pools, we have taken your point seriously in order to facilitate this to our valuable guests as our main aim is that everyone has a pleasant and enjoyable time with us.

We are so happy that we got the chance to welcoming you and your small family and we hope we get the chance to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We recently stayed two night in this wonderful hotel .Very friendly staff and a wonderful location .I tried to figure out what made this hotel different to other 5 star hotels .Must be the management. Everything was just 5 star.Although pricy meals the rest made up for it .
The best hotel I have ever stayed .

Room Tip: A villa its near the pools and sea side
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about us on TripAdvisor.

Please allow me to extend my sincere gratitude for recognizing our staff and our efforts to make sure that each and every guest is accommodated with a memorable stay.

We hope to see you again soon in the future.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I've been fortunate to travel the world extensively for work and occasionally for fun. This hotel ticks all the boxes and I'd rate it as one of the best I've ever seen. We only stayed one night but we are still in the country and may go back, but it was GREAT. Upgraded without asking when we checked in, rooms were fab (jnr suites). Pools were ridiculous, I'm not sure how many they have on the property but I'd guess more than 10 and they are all amazing. The backdrop of the Dead Sea is amazing and the staff made us feel very welcome. Well done Kempinski, this is a stunning hotel and you should be very proud of it.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bevan S

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for recommending our hotel to the travel community.

We are so proud to know that Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea is now your favourite hotel and that we have succeeded to impress you with our Kempinski standards and lovely property.

We hope we get the chance to welcoming you again before you leave Jordan and accommodate you with another pleasant stay.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

kempinski ishatar dead sea is relaxing hotel for
1. beauitfull & big hotel with big rooms
2. very clean with very good service
3.they give us a villas on the sea with 2 room u can called it a family room , one with king bed and the other singels
4.very good food
5.very hospitality team from the reception to the pool guard
6. they saw us when we try to blow the Sea bed , and they took it to blow it for us
7. every thing in the mini bar is for free (cola , water chips & coffee.....)
8. exellent wifi in all the hotel
all in all amazing hotel but need one thing (aqua park) to make it more funny & more active for adults & child
absolutely love to go again

Room Tip: all the room in this hotel big and clean but try to take it clost to the pools
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive feedback about your stay in our hotel.

We are all thrilled to know that you had a fantastic time at our hotel; I have shared your lovely feedback with our staff, who were very happy to know that they succeeded to provide you with a memorable stay.

We would also like to thank you also for sharing these lovely pictures with us.

Our deepest appreciation for recommending our staff and we are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sweimah
Crowne Plaza Jordan - Dead Sea Resort & Spa
Ma'In Hot Springs
Ma'In Hot Springs
#1 of 1 in Ma'in
Grand East Hotel - Resort & Spa Dead Sea

Been to Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea? Share your experiences!