Let's start with the positive points:
Clean hotel, clean rooms, clean swimming pools.
Good location directly on the Dead Sea
Golf carts available all the time
Good food with limited number of restaurants
Service below zero they lied to us about the rooms after giving us different rooms telling us to stay in the main building cause it is better for people with kids (forget to tell us that is is really far from the swimming pool and all other activities) if u leave the room you'll think 100 times before thinking of going back. Forgot to tell us that they gave our rooms to other people that's why they gave us the main building rooms. The other rooms where much more expensive than the ones in the main building but they never paid us the difference claiming they're the same (check websites)
- if u order food it will come after 2 hours and it won't be what u ordered.
- limited menu limited number of restaurants
- no availability in the spa. You'll never find an appointment.
- you have to bribe every single waiter to get a good service. They'll tell u restaurant is full (breakfast) but not full anymore if u shake your pockets.
- lounge chairs r limited. We went 10 mn to the sea and came back to find our things on the floor and our chairs taken
Conclusion it is an expensive resort but you won't get anything in return for the money you paid the only good point is the cleanliness which matters the most to me.
Not worth it!
We were 2 families we had fun spending time together!!
'Dead Sea' amazing I loved it
A must see if you can find a better place to stay with less money to pay it would be better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kempinski Hotel Ishtar gives you the opportunity to enjoy its riches where Queen of Sheba and Cleopatra once strived to unravel mystery. Situated gracefully on the shores of the largest spa in the world the Dead Sea, unique for its ozone-rich air, mineral sea water and ultra-violet filtered sunshine. Surely there is no region on earth where nature and history have more wonderfully conspired, where so exciting drama has obtained a so beautiful theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Prestigia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kempinski Hotel Amman
- Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea Jordan