Crowne Plaza Jordan - Dead Sea Resort & Spa
$70
$68
Travelocity
2,406 results
All reviewsel gritoburj al hamamambrosia restaurantspecial thanksdead seaanimation teambig thankskids areakids clublife guardsduty managermain poolamazing hotelpool viewfront officelate checkbelly dancer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for three nights. They charged three of us E600 approx for bed only. We were quoted and extra E40 each for breakfast. The building itself is spectacular and beautifully designed, if a little awkward to get around due to the different levels. There's a lift to the beach and up and down to Reception. We ordered the Signature Burger and a Chicken wrap in the lobby bar and were kept waiting forty five minutes. They were nothing like what was epicted on the menu. When they arrived they were awful Burger cold and leathery in a flaccid bun that was barely defrosted. No cheese no extras. Cold French fries. The Wrap was cold and decidedly unappetising. Beer and wine were horrendously expensive except for Happy Hour 5 to 7 that is policed with a Stopwatch!. Security is tight with steel ramps and security guards and X ray machines. The bedrooms are reasonable but not out of this world. We tried the Lebabese restaurant and the first night it was OK. The second night I ordered a chicken. What arrived was flattened out and grilled. It was suspiciously salty and quite tough. It will live to fight another day. Wife ordered skewers of chicken and 'grilled meat'. Not sure what the 'meat' was. The staff there were lovely and nothing was too much trouble. The life guards who patrol the 20 metres or so of beach are very nice and most helpful, however, they are told to get everyone out of the water at 7.00pm. This is a real nuisance if it's your last few hours and you have been on the day trip to Petra 3 hours drive away. Our lifeguard was very decent and gave us ten minutes. He got given out to for his trouble!! All in all an unforgettable experience if not for the best of reasons!!

• Stayed: April 2013
15  Thank Chumley171
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Jordan - Dead Sea Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear chumley6,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, We’re sorry about your poor bar and restaurant experience. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed there for one lovely night, check in/out were very smooth, thanks to Mr. A. Hares,

Our room was in the 2nd floor of Building #8 and it was one of the best, it was fair enough size, with nice balcony, with a pool view, very nice one :-), the room has free WiFi. Bathroom was good, curtains are very good, I didn’t use the LCD screen so I will not comment on TV channels.

Swimming pools are great, water was cold though, but freshening in the hot weather, This beach is the best, it is a proper sand beach and the only one that I’ve seen at the Dead Sea, different than other hotels as mostly the beach is rocky, there are showers directly near the sea, which is very useful, beach`s staff are very helpful and friendly.

Breakfast had good variety of food, but in my opinion needs more improvement.

We had lunch at the Latin restaurant; we ordered the burritos and the quesadillas, they were very nice, and the beverage was lovely Mexican beer,

And we had the dinner at Burj Al Hamam – Arabic restaurant, it will always be my favourite, Arabic mazza with Arak is the best.

Finally, we had a very nice and relaxing two days in one of my favourite places, the lowest point on earth, the Deadsea.

Room Tip: All the hotel rooms has very good view, my room was in the 2nd floor of Building #8 and it was one of the best.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laithnsf
CPR_Jordan_DeadSea, Manager at Crowne Plaza Jordan - Dead Sea Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Sir,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments in regards to your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Dead Sea Resort.
We are glad to hear that your overall experience in staying with us, especially you appreciate our nice room, and the food at Burj Al Hamam, Beach facilities and the Breakfast, additional to the Mexican restaurant.
We hope to see you again in the future at Crowne Plaza Dead Sea Resort. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future if we can be of any assistance with another stay.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We only staid here for 1 day, at the end of a tour of Jordan,
so I can't really say much about the hotel staff being rude or not.
I agree that the check-in experience was a little messy, but since we were a large Italian group I just assumed that was the issue.
I will say that the room disposition can seem a little random and it's fairly easy to get lost: the place is massive and all corridors look the same, in that slightly impersonal posh American hotel chains way.
That said, our room was very spacious and comfortable... although we couldn't figure out how to use the shower (and we weren't the only ones!)

We spent time both at the beach and at the pool, and had nothing negative to say. We got free towels for the pool and Jacuzzi, and had no problem finding a spot in the private beach.

One positive note: we had dinner in the Lebanese restaurant (sorry, I can't remember the name) and the food was really great, as well as plentiful and reasonably priced.

I have no particular criticism of the hotel, I just wished it had a little more character, but it's certainly a great place to relax and enjoy the Dead Sea experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Miss Luisa
We are glad to hear that your overall experience in staying with us, especially you appreciate our services, and the food at Burj Al Hamam, Beach facilities and the Breakfast, additional to the Mexican restaurant. And I am sorry that you had some difficulties to open the shower.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Me and my friends were staying at the kempenski dead sea hotel. We decided to go try out the burj alhamam at crown plaza for lunch since we heard the food there was good. At the gate the security was so rude I cant believe the way they were dealing with the car ahead of us. Then they came to us and asked what's our purpose at the hotel and we said only lunch at burj alhamam. He said sorry I cant let u In unless you are staying in the hotel. we said we called and they said we r welcome to have lunch at crowne plaza ... his response was "call back whoever said so and let them get you in" ... and then he started fighting with the car ahead of us again challenging them to stay at the gate. We called the hotel management and asked if we may have lunch ... they said sorry we only attend to our in guests... we begged and they couldnt bother respond with courtesy ... I think their marketing management is crazy .... people left a five star super hotel to have lunch at crowne plaza... thats competition and promotion... and even if they hold their policy strictly ... they need to think flexibilty and promotion and hospitality and courtesy .... none of that was shown ... they communicate in a rude manner ... and their staff is horrible. We went to the marriot instead and they recieved us with a a smile and welcomed us to their lovely champions rest. .... never ever will I consider crowne plaza dead sea jordan for any activity or event ... go with marriot, kempinski, or movenpick at least no one talks down to guests and they can provide better hospitality. The management at crowne plaza needs immediate and serious intervention.

• Stayed: April 2013
18  Thank DrMoTravels

Dear DrMoTravels,

Thank you for reviewing our property. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I truly regret the service you received on this day was not up to standards. Thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention as this is our best means of improving guest satisfaction.

Again, thank you for the review and my sincerest apologies for the shortcomings.

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I read some of the reviews for this property that highlighted the lack of training of the staff, or their attitude, and I would share some of them.
We used this hotel for a day at the pools, and I didn't stay at one of the rooms, some I'm not giving here a full review.

If you are a Jordanian resident and looking for a hotel to spend a day in the weekend, enjoy swimming and the nice weather, you are always faced with the dilemma of entering one of the dead sea hotels, so we called ahead of time, and the security guy who answered was hesitant to say yes you can come or not, but after some negotiations, he said you are welcome pleasantly. We drove there, and paid 40 JD's per person for pool entrance including lunch.

This is a hotel that finally designed a huge pool, with many sunbeds, but still you have to spend some time to find an umbrella, or steel one, and the pool staff were really friendly.
We faced only two issues, the first one, is that when you go there to relax and swim, and you have a big sign saying “no diving”, the pool guards should enforce that rule, and not allow all the people to jump around in water like crazy, and disturb others.

The second thing, is that when we went to have lunch at the pool bar, and use our vouchers, the order taker was friendly and pleasant, and the food was good except for the ceaser salad which was soggy, and when we requested the bill, and gave the vouchers, the waiter said that you can only use them at the main restaurant, so we told him that nobody told us that, and then called a guy which looked like a supervisor and named Aysar, which after long debates, accepted them with the worst attitude and showed resentment and anger which he justified to be towards the security guy who did not inform us, and made he me pay for the drinks as well.

I might be going to this hotel again, but the hotel should inform the guests ahead that the vouchers are to be used in a certain restaurant, and that it does not include drinks, and they should train the staff, especially the supervisors, how to deal with customers in similar situations.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hani2011
CPR_Jordan_DeadSea, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jordan - Dead Sea Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Mr. Hani,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We will look into your points raised as through your comments we can improve our operation and detect the areas that need further upgrade and training, as our primary goal is to ensure that our guests are always content with the services they receive at our resort.
We are disappointed to hear you were not fully satisfied and we didn't meet your expectations during your visit.
We value your comments and assure you that we take these matters seriously and we are always thriving to provide the best quality of service which represents our brand.
We genuinely do attempt to ensure that all of our guests do enjoy their stay with us and believe that we provide value for the very high standards that we have a reputation for providing. Hopefully in the future you do allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and as such, please do not hesitate to contact us at the hotel should you decide to do so and I will do my best to ensure that you receive a truly memorable stay at Crowne Plaza Dead Sea.