“Lovely Stay, Relaxing Hotel :-)”

Crowne Plaza Jordan - Dead Sea Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Sweimah
Amman
“Lovely Stay, Relaxing Hotel :-)”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed there for one lovely night, check in/out were very smooth, thanks to Mr. A. Hares,

Our room was in the 2nd floor of Building #8 and it was one of the best, it was fair enough size, with nice balcony, with a pool view, very nice one :-), the room has free WiFi. Bathroom was good, curtains are very good, I didn’t use the LCD screen so I will not comment on TV channels.

Swimming pools are great, water was cold though, but freshening in the hot weather, This beach is the best, it is a proper sand beach and the only one that I’ve seen at the Dead Sea, different than other hotels as mostly the beach is rocky, there are showers directly near the sea, which is very useful, beach`s staff are very helpful and friendly.

Breakfast had good variety of food, but in my opinion needs more improvement.

We had lunch at the Latin restaurant; we ordered the burritos and the quesadillas, they were very nice, and the beverage was lovely Mexican beer,

And we had the dinner at Burj Al Hamam – Arabic restaurant, it will always be my favourite, Arabic mazza with Arak is the best.

Finally, we had a very nice and relaxing two days in one of my favourite places, the lowest point on earth, the Deadsea.

Room Tip: All the hotel rooms has very good view, my room was in the 2nd floor of Building #8 and it was one o...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laithnsf
CPR_Jordan_DeadSea, Manager at Crowne Plaza Jordan - Dead Sea Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Sir,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments in regards to your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Dead Sea Resort.
We are glad to hear that your overall experience in staying with us, especially you appreciate our nice room, and the food at Burj Al Hamam, Beach facilities and the Breakfast, additional to the Mexican restaurant.
We hope to see you again in the future at Crowne Plaza Dead Sea Resort. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future if we can be of any assistance with another stay.
The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We only staid here for 1 day, at the end of a tour of Jordan,
so I can't really say much about the hotel staff being rude or not.
I agree that the check-in experience was a little messy, but since we were a large Italian group I just assumed that was the issue.
I will say that the room disposition can seem a little random and it's fairly easy to get lost: the place is massive and all corridors look the same, in that slightly impersonal posh American hotel chains way.
That said, our room was very spacious and comfortable... although we couldn't figure out how to use the shower (and we weren't the only ones!)

We spent time both at the beach and at the pool, and had nothing negative to say. We got free towels for the pool and Jacuzzi, and had no problem finding a spot in the private beach.

One positive note: we had dinner in the Lebanese restaurant (sorry, I can't remember the name) and the food was really great, as well as plentiful and reasonably priced.

I have no particular criticism of the hotel, I just wished it had a little more character, but it's certainly a great place to relax and enjoy the Dead Sea experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Miss Luisa
We are glad to hear that your overall experience in staying with us, especially you appreciate our services, and the food at Burj Al Hamam, Beach facilities and the Breakfast, additional to the Mexican restaurant. And I am sorry that you had some difficulties to open the shower.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Me and my friends were staying at the kempenski dead sea hotel. We decided to go try out the burj alhamam at crown plaza for lunch since we heard the food there was good. At the gate the security was so rude I cant believe the way they were dealing with the car ahead of us. Then they came to us and asked what's our purpose at the hotel and we said only lunch at burj alhamam. He said sorry I cant let u In unless you are staying in the hotel. we said we called and they said we r welcome to have lunch at crowne plaza ... his response was "call back whoever said so and let them get you in" ... and then he started fighting with the car ahead of us again challenging them to stay at the gate. We called the hotel management and asked if we may have lunch ... they said sorry we only attend to our in guests... we begged and they couldnt bother respond with courtesy ... I think their marketing management is crazy .... people left a five star super hotel to have lunch at crowne plaza... thats competition and promotion... and even if they hold their policy strictly ... they need to think flexibilty and promotion and hospitality and courtesy .... none of that was shown ... they communicate in a rude manner ... and their staff is horrible. We went to the marriot instead and they recieved us with a a smile and welcomed us to their lovely champions rest. .... never ever will I consider crowne plaza dead sea jordan for any activity or event ... go with marriot, kempinski, or movenpick at least no one talks down to guests and they can provide better hospitality. The management at crowne plaza needs immediate and serious intervention.

• Stayed April 2013
18 Thank DrMoTravels
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Jordan - Dead Sea Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear DrMoTravels,

Thank you for reviewing our property. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I truly regret the service you received on this day was not up to standards. Thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention as this is our best means of improving guest satisfaction.

Again, thank you for the review and my sincerest apologies for the shortcomings.

Regards,

Pam G.
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I read some of the reviews for this property that highlighted the lack of training of the staff, or their attitude, and I would share some of them.
We used this hotel for a day at the pools, and I didn't stay at one of the rooms, some I'm not giving here a full review.

If you are a Jordanian resident and looking for a hotel to spend a day in the weekend, enjoy swimming and the nice weather, you are always faced with the dilemma of entering one of the dead sea hotels, so we called ahead of time, and the security guy who answered was hesitant to say yes you can come or not, but after some negotiations, he said you are welcome pleasantly. We drove there, and paid 40 JD's per person for pool entrance including lunch.

This is a hotel that finally designed a huge pool, with many sunbeds, but still you have to spend some time to find an umbrella, or steel one, and the pool staff were really friendly.
We faced only two issues, the first one, is that when you go there to relax and swim, and you have a big sign saying “no diving”, the pool guards should enforce that rule, and not allow all the people to jump around in water like crazy, and disturb others.

The second thing, is that when we went to have lunch at the pool bar, and use our vouchers, the order taker was friendly and pleasant, and the food was good except for the ceaser salad which was soggy, and when we requested the bill, and gave the vouchers, the waiter said that you can only use them at the main restaurant, so we told him that nobody told us that, and then called a guy which looked like a supervisor and named Aysar, which after long debates, accepted them with the worst attitude and showed resentment and anger which he justified to be towards the security guy who did not inform us, and made he me pay for the drinks as well.

I might be going to this hotel again, but the hotel should inform the guests ahead that the vouchers are to be used in a certain restaurant, and that it does not include drinks, and they should train the staff, especially the supervisors, how to deal with customers in similar situations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hani2011
CPR_Jordan_DeadSea, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jordan - Dead Sea Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Mr. Hani,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We will look into your points raised as through your comments we can improve our operation and detect the areas that need further upgrade and training, as our primary goal is to ensure that our guests are always content with the services they receive at our resort.
We are disappointed to hear you were not fully satisfied and we didn't meet your expectations during your visit.
We value your comments and assure you that we take these matters seriously and we are always thriving to provide the best quality of service which represents our brand.
We genuinely do attempt to ensure that all of our guests do enjoy their stay with us and believe that we provide value for the very high standards that we have a reputation for providing. Hopefully in the future you do allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and as such, please do not hesitate to contact us at the hotel should you decide to do so and I will do my best to ensure that you receive a truly memorable stay at Crowne Plaza Dead Sea.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Check in was messy and unwelcoming. Was meant to get an upgrade (due to Priority Club), but they lied to me and gave me the same room I booked.
Then that night couldn't hear the TV due to the noisy party with max 20 people dancing to horrible music. When I rang to complain I was ignored. Asked to speak to the Manager but no luck!
Next day Duty Manager moved us and apologised. That was nice.
But overall service was poor. Recommend you stay at Movenpick or Kempiniski.

• Stayed April 2013
17 Thank Campbell_Melanie
Dear Campbell_Melanie,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is great to hear that after some initial issues our Duty Manager was able to address your concerns during your stay. Please accept our apologies for the disappointment you had with the service you received and the noise. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope you do choose to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Karen C
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

First of all.. The hotel is new and really very nice.. Great pools..good rooms..comfortable.. If this hotel just changed the attitude of his staff and trained them better.. It will be one of the best resorts in Dead sea.. But so far.. The staff (hotel Gate staff, security check, reception) are really shocking in their poor level of treatment and in some cases being aggressive.
I started believing that it is a hotel policy .. Cause it is not logical to face many strange and shocking situations from different functions.!!!
Except Burj Al Hamam Rest. , don't try other restaurants.
Breakfast is regular..
I will NEVER come back here again..

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
14 Thank Muathz
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Jordan - Dead Sea Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Muathz,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our rooms and pool.

However, We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our staff which was unacceptable. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Adinkerke, Belgium
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Overall we had a good stay at this brand New hotel. Staff still needs some training especially in the restaurants. Room was spacious And well equipped. Food in the restaurants was good. During pure 2 night stay there was not a lot of people in the hotel. That felt really strange to us. We would stay here again on a next stay.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PDA68
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sweimah
Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea
Grand East Hotel - Resort & Spa Dead Sea
Ma'In Hot Springs
Ma'In Hot Springs
#1 of 1 in Ma'in

Been to Crowne Plaza Jordan - Dead Sea Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!