Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$137
$63
$70
$68
2,879 results
All reviewsdead seathe grillprivate poolitalian restaurantmain buildingdeluxe roombelly dancingwadi rumbeautiful resortday passyour eyesbeach areamovenpickzaraspajordanpools
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 1, 2010

1st class! Warm, Sunny & Beautiful. Would have liked to spend a few days here relaxing!
Right on the dead sea, Buffet was good, several pools to choose from, very large complex-definitely posh. No self-serve laundry facilities.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Christmastravellers
FabienChesnais, Resident Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2010

Dear Online Customer,

The Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea would like to sincerely to thank you for posting your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.

We hope to host you soon on the lowest point on Earth.

Reviewed January 31, 2010

We stayed only a few days after Isis57 (below) and feel lucky not to have had their experience. I too would have been gutted to have been refused access to swim in the Dead Sea. The hotel is lovely, but there are lovely hotels all over the world. The only real reason to go here is to swim in the Dead Sea and it is a truly amazing experience. But back to the hotel.... being asked to pay extra for the Spa was disappointing but if you are only there for a short stay there is enough to do without the spa if you dont want to pay the money. Had we stayed at this Moevenpick first, I might have been impressed with the staff and the food, but unfortunately for them we stayed in the Movenpick Tala Bay (near Aqaba) for a few nights before. The Tala Bay staff and food significantly outshines the Dead Sea in almost every respect. What the Dead Sea Movenpick lacks in top-notch service it makes up for in ambience and lovely middle eastern design decor. We had a very memorable stay, but I think this is due more to the location and the awesome Dead Sea experience than the hotel staff & service. One final criticism for a 5 star hotel - the reception desk could not assist me to charge-up my Blackberry. I know this is a resort & not a business hotel - but surely this is a basic that any 5 star hotel should have at reception?

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JVTOxford

Dear Online Customer,

Thank you for choosing the Moevenpick Hotels in Jordan during your last trip and thank you for your feedback on our Dead Sea and Tala Bay properties.

Just to provide some explanation, due to security and safety reasons, our lifeguards do sometimes stop clients from swimming in the Dead Sea. This exercise requires some skills and the Dead Sea at sometimes during winter time can very dangerous.

The entrance of the Spa for our in house guest is only 20 JD, which is really a minumum fee to enjoy our luxurious Zara Spa facilities. For your info, the Zara Spa has been awarded in 2009 the best spa destination in the world.

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

Reviewed January 25, 2010

I have just arrived back in Australia from Jordan. We stayed at the Movenpick for 2 nights. At first glance I thought it was going to be possibly the nicest hotel I had ever stayed in. My friend disagreed straight away as she was not happy with all the steps and the long distance to our room. My three problems were different.

The first was not being allowed to swim in the Dead Sea. The lifeguard said it was "too rough" and we were ordered "Don't swim! Can't go in". This is why I looked for a review site like this. To see if other people had been denied access to the Sea at Movenpick and they have. I am a good swimmer from Australia of over 40 years ocean swimming experience. Floating on my back in the Dead Sea had been a childhood dream. Even given the weight of the salty water, I am sure I could have coped with these tiny little breakers at the shoreline. "Big waves" was a bit of a joke. I even considered defying the guard. What could he do to me? Two other members of our group had elected to stay in the Dead Sea Spa Hotel and had no trouble accessing the Sea and getting that unique picture I had so much wanted for myself.

The second problem was that our electronic key card stopped working on the first morning. Getting someone to come and fix the problem took ages. They would say "ten minutes" and half an hour later, noone there. Then they said it was the battery and we had to wait for different personnel to change that. They finally changed the battery, walked away without even checking and sure enough, it still didn't work. I wasted the entire morning of my full day at Movenpick just trying to sort out the locking of my door. It was very frustrating considering the cost of staying there.

The third problem was that we were there in the off season (winter). They were clearly short staffed and too many of the facilities were "closed for renovation" or simply "not available". The list of options available at the Zara Spa shrank down dramatically for me to about 4 ,from what looked like almost 100 options. Wanting a female masseuse limited me a lot. Why don't they have more females working there? Having said that, the two treatments I finally got were really, really good. A back, neck and shoulder massage by a female and a reflexology foot massage by a man. I should have booked as soon as we hit the hotel, tired and hungry though I was. I waited only till early the next morning and missed out on the full massage I wanted.

• Stayed: January 2010
1  Thank Isis57

Dear Online Customer,

Thank you for your constructive feedback on Tripadvisor.

In regards to the Dead Sea access, our professional Lifeguards team is responsible to ensure full safety of the Dead Sea and will not hesitate to deny access if they feel that sea is not accessible. During winter, the sea can be at some levels very dangerous (even if it looks quiet) and swimming do not become an easy exercise.

We regret to read about your key card issue and would like to apology for the delay in fixing your problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.

During winter season and low occupancy, it is the time and the only opportunity for us to maintain our facilities; this will explain why some areas were not being granted or available for our loyal clientele. Again sorry for the inconvenience.

We look forward welcoming again in our resort.

Reviewed January 24, 2010

We stayed here twice (end of Dec. and in January at the end of our Jordan trip - after some other places of similar price and half the quality we were running back to this hotel!). This was all more than we normally pay for hotels but it was really nice, right on the Dead Sea (all of Jordan is expensive - no "deals" here, like in Egypt so be prepared to pay European prices). The hotel's Spa services were also expensive but they do a good job at giving massages and it is worth at least one visit. The hotel's "wow effect" is that it is so huge although I've stayed in more original places. It sort of reminded me of a Disney Bedouin theme. Everything is in tip-top shape and very clean (rooms, pools, bathrooms - no complaints about maintenance) and the breakfast is absolutely a 10! Also, for those who have children, there were a lot of couples with small children and even babies who appeared to be enjoying themselves and very relaxed so it might be a good place to go with kids. The only thing is that at night there is no where to go which is just as well so you can go to sleep early and get up and enjoy breakfast!, the pools and the Dead Sea! Bring a book, though!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Online Customer,

We are glad to read that your experience with us was up to your expectation and that we have managed to bring you a "wow" effect...

Thank you for posting your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.

Moevenpick Team

Reviewed January 21, 2010

On the Dead Sea shores nearby Amman, there is no alternative to staying in a resort which is definintely not our preferred choice. As it goes, the architecture of the resort is quite nice, unfortunately the beach itself was pretty disappointing.
Also, despite the high price of the room, access to the spa was not included.
The food at the restaurant was outrageously expensive for a low value (80 € for 2 people at a buffet with a bottle of non-exceptional wine).

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pjeanne
TWAISSI, General Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2016

Dear Valued Guest, I refer to your stay at the Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, for which I thank you. I am truly sorry that you were faced with several inconveniences during your stay at our resort and would like to take this opportunity, in order to apologize for any shortcomings. It goes without saying that the matters raised have been followed up and remedy actions taken accordingly. Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with best regards. Abedrabo Twaissi General Manager