3,689 results
All reviewsdead seathe grillprivate poolmain buildingitalian restaurantbelly dancerdeluxe roomwadi rumbeautiful resortyour eyesday passmini bardinner buffetbeach areamovenpickzaraspa
Reviewed May 10, 2016

The resort appeared very grand and lived up to this.
We arrived here late Saturday night from Petra, we staff at the desk were friendly enough but seemed very busy and rushed. The whole checking in process seemed transactional rather than welcoming.
The room was big, comfortable the bathroom was a very good size and we were lucky enough to have a balcony overlooking the gardens.
There is a good choice of restaurants to choose from, and they had live entertainment in the middle of the restaurant square. We went to the italian, the food was lovely, there was not a huge choice for vegetarians but the dishes we chose were very tasty.
Breakfast was lovely, fresh food constantly being replenished, staff were friendly and attentive, and the famous muesli was yummy.
We went down to the dead sea early in the morning and it seemed like the ideal time as it was quiet. It became increasingly busy as the day went on therefore recommend going down earlier in the morning to enjoy the serenity of the sea and the experience at it's best. A word of warning though, the rocks are pretty painful when entering the sea so be very careful.
We enjoyed the fresh mud mask which is available in the clay pot by the sea and spent a couple of hours floating in the sea.
We checked out and spent time by the pool area until our departure from the hotel that evening. The staff were friendly and attentive and we enjoyed the afternoon taking in the view and relaxing.
The resort was definitely what you pay for and provided a lovely experience to the dead sea and a wonderful end to our trip to Jordan.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AM-AM-Travellers
TWAISSI, General Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind feedback on trip advisor. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us .

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea in the not too distant future and assure you already in advance of our best care and attention to your comfort.

Reviewed May 9, 2016

First time in Dead sea and expected the resort to be a 5 star, but surprisingly i would rate it as a 3 star. Service is terrible and slow, house keeping needed to be called to inform them to clean the room, there are a lot of mosquito's and bugs in the room. the FOOD was terrible that we had to go and eat in the mall next to the hotel. we are there to attend the JORDAN HOG RALLY 2016. i called the reception to complain about my room to change from the 3rd floor to a ground floor room as i have trouble going up the stairs which i mentioned during my check in they asked for my mobile so they can call back - they didn't TWICE. my question is does MOVENPICK head office know how this resort is being managed? As for the beach its surprising that they haven't removed some of the rocks.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with friends

Dear Gobgob A
I have reviewed your comments, regarding your recent stay with us at the Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, which you have posted on TripAdvisor.
I am very sorry to read that your first time stay at our resort was marred by deficiencies and was not up to your expectations. Needless to say that your comments were discussed with the managers concerned, in order to avoid such inconveniences to our valued guests in the future.
We would be very keen to hear from you if you could contact us by emailing at
abedrabo.twaissi@moevenpick.com
Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea in the near future and assuring you of our best care and attention at all time, I remain,
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed May 8, 2016

Chocked by all the good reviews here. The hotel itself is nice with plenty of plants, a few bars and nice pools but the management is so ridiculously not worth a 200 euros a night hotel. After a long checkin the receptionist told us our room was sea view. Once arrived at the room it had a 'garden' view. We had to get back to the reception to change the room (and queue 20min) with our luggage... Not really a premium experience.
The food of the hotel is pretty average. We tried the pool bar and the lounge as the other restaurants only had buffet or were close for private events. We did not really understand why are group of people booking whole restaurants or pool for their events without the management letting us the choice to cancel our booking. These event were loud and noisy too, music playing after 11pm.
Room mattress not confortable.
Music at the pool in the afternoon was a mix of edm and funfair which i hated.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear Tim28733,

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed May 8, 2016

Like a lot of the reviews on this resort, it really shouldn't be classified as a 5 star hotel. The resort is very outdated and is in need of a refurbishment / renovation. I was there for a wedding and we stayed at the Royal Villas, which is a set of private rooms surrounding a beautiful backyard overlooking the Dead Sea with a large private pool. I was the first to check in (after waiting 3 hours), and the electricity and A/C wasn't working. The private pool was muddy with broken branches and the outside area had lots of debris and broken tiles. Considering that the wedding party was planning on throwing a pool party the very next day for all of the guests, I was quite surprised that the hotel staff hadn't cleaned the area prior to us checking in. With that said, once we called the staff to notify them of the problem, they sent a group of staff that went to work and did a very good job of cleaning the area and pool. The resort itself is actually quite beautiful, and LARGE. If you plan on visiting with kids, I would recommend asking for a room in the main building as it is a long trek (with stairs) going back and forth from the rooms not connected to the main building to the lobby area where most of the restaurants are located. There are a number of pools to choose from, and then of course the Dead Sea, which is absolutely amazing! (Tip - the area where you immediately enter the Dead Sea from the jetty is filled with rocks. If you have a pair of sea shoes, it would be helpful). There is also a fitness facility and spa, but you have to pay a fee to use the facilities!! (i.e. gym equipment, sauna, etc) Even as a guest. I thought that was quite weird, as I've never had to pay any fee to use hotel spa/gym facilities. Overall, it was a very average resort. I didn't go having high expectations, so I wasn't overly disappointed. I'm glad I experienced the Dead Sea, and the wedding celebrations over the long weekend more than made up for the hotel. Last tip - ask the hotel for mosquito repellent (the kind you plug in to the wall). Trust me, you'll need it.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank shallowal16
TWAISSI, General Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2016

Dear shallowal16,

Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea.

I have taken careful note of your feedback, and as it is an invaluable source for us to review our performance and strive to achieve excellent standards of product and service to our guests, they have been shared with the departments concerned to ensure future improvements.

Hopping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 7, 2016

Really enjoyable stay here. Arrived late and they were accommodating. Had a lot of fun in the dead sea and their spa is excellent, just the type of Zen you need after some long hard work. Definitely worth a return in the future!

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your explicit review on tripadvisor.

I have read your comments and feel excited to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. The team and I are pleased to know that the hotel facilities and service provided were up to your satisfaction and exceeded your expectations.
We would be delighted to welcome you should your travel plans bring you again to Jordan.