The architecture of the resort is astoundingly beautiful. It has amazing gardens. Too bad that the experience is ruined by the fact that the front desk is horrendously understaffed. Usually, there were only two or three at the front desk/reception. Check-in was supposed to be at 4; we got our room at 4.30 BUT we could not get in because the door mechanism/code was broken. Fortunately, the bell boy had initiative and let us into our second room even though the second room was NOT YET READY - he said that at least we could take advantage of the air-conditioning as it was 40 degrees Celsius that day. We finally got into the first room at 5 p.m. and then found that the connecting door to second room was locked and it took another hour to find the key. The second room was finally ready at 5.30 p.m.Nobody at the front desk bothered to let us know that we were to go back to the Reception to pick up the keys for the second room - luckily, we were listening from room one. When I asked the Reception later, the rather surly clerk told me that they were busy.
The next morning, we encountered more rudeness at the breakfast room when we asked where the bowls were for the cereal. He pointed to the one bowl that was there and looked surprised that we wanted more - there were four of us and we had paid for four breakfast.
It is such a shame that management has not staffed this Movenpick properly to cope with the number of visitors. The sister hotel at Petra is much better staffed - it is not as beautiful but it is VERY efficient except for the ice-cream cart in the lobby cafe. You would think that 4 p.m. on a hot day would be the ideal time for the ice cream cart to be staffed!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the lowest point on Earth. The Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea and its picturesque village setting are there to fulfill you every wish. The resort features an exceptional environment for business events, one of the largest, most advanced spas of the Middle East. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Orbitz, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea Hotel Sweimah
- Moevenpick Resort And Spa Dead Sea
- Moevenpick Hotel Amman
- Moevenpick Hotel Dead Sea
- Movenpick Dead Sea
- Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea Jordan