Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
Lagoon Hotel & Resort(Dead Sea Region)
2,933 results
All reviewsdead seathe grillprivate poolitalian restaurantmain buildingdeluxe roombelly dancingwadi rumbeautiful resortday passyour eyesbeach areamovenpickzaraspajordanpools
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The Mövenpick hotel is a wonderful village with poor service. We had a really nice room, located in the "north" of the resort (Um Qais), with a private swimming pool. The Dead Sea is 5-7 minutes by foot downhill. The staff provides black mud in a bucket at disposal of the guests.
We had an ok time there, but it should not be counted as a 5 star hotel. Two main disappointments : the staff was not as friendly as expected for a 5 stars hotel (especially when arriving from Kempinski Aqaba, which we did). When we arrived, the receptionist just indicated us on a map the way to our room, that was of course quite difficult to find in such a big resort. The second disappointment was for dinner. There is no proper city around the resort, and you have to stay inside it for dinner. We went to Luigi's restaurant, which at first sight seemed quite good for the food and also for the price (around 13JD the pizza is correct for a 5 stars hotel). BUT the problem is that it is located on the main "square" of the resort, that looks more like an entertainment square than a square where you can have a nice dinner. The music was way too loud, and we could not hear ourselves speaking (even the waiter could not hear us). The food was also really poor : the Bolognese in the pasta looked more like water than like meat.
Conclusion : a nice moment thanks to the private swimming pool and the proximity of the Dead Sea. But that's all.
Careful : if you go to the Dead Sea for autumn, you have to expect a more than normal amount of flies.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
NicolasPezout, Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Warm greetings from the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea!

We are sorry to read that you have not indulged in our resort during your stay with us.

We take great pride in continual improvement and we will use your feedback to assist in our planning and product improvement. We are truly embarrassed that we did not exceed your expectations. Thank you for your candid review and please be assured that we will utilize your feedback as an opportunity to learn and improve.

Your truly,

Reviewed October 31, 2013

An absolutely huge hotel on the bank of the Dead Sea. It is a good ten minutes walk from reception to the Sea itself - and a good few steps too! This is not a hotel for the infirm. It is attractive, has a good choice of restaurants and the room that I had above the reception area had great views and was clean and comfortable. The rooms in the garden area would not afford the same panorama, which included views of the Dead Sea, and Jerusalem on a clear day. I had problems with the wifi, but they were sorted. So, if you like monster hotels, you will probably like this place. For me, it was just too big and impersonal. I thought it lacking in character and felt like a village occupant rather than a hotel guest.

Room Tip: Choose a room high up in the main (reception) building to get the panoramic views
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul H
NicolasPezout, Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear valued Guest,

Greetings from Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea,

We would like to thank you for your comment and appreciated your feedback.

The hotel has been designed like an Arabic village with gardens and private areas, an oasis at the shore of Dead Sea. We offer space for tranquility and relaxation. All areas are linked with club car service. It is a large place to enjoy, walk around and relax.
I understand through your description that the lay out of the hotel did not match your expectation.

In any case, all of us were delighted to be of service to you.

Yours truly,

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We chose the Moevenpick at the Dead Sea as the 'relaxing' stop on our trip from Aqaba, Petra, Wadi Rum and the Amman. We spent three nights, and while we were able to relax (eventually) I don't know that we would choose to stay here again.

We stayed in the UmQuais section, with a semi-private pool and no kids. Location was fine, rooms were what you would expect for a 4star property, and the pool was a pool. No sea views, and that is what we really were looking for. We were told at reception that there are few sea facing rooms, so we opted for the pool.

The main downfall we experienced with the Moevenpick was the service. The staff was exceptionally friendly and cheery, but the motivation to get anything done in an efficient manner was missing totally. It took us 45 minutes to check in; when we ordered drinks at the bar the bar manager told us about his terrific life but made us wait 10 minutes until the bartender returned to provide us drinks; at the Grill, we had to ask three times for water and twice for bread; and trying to get coffee at breakfast became a game of 'how many people are we going to have to ask before they remember we asked for coffee'.

On the last day, we were leaving at 8:30AM to see a few sites before returned to Amman, and wanted to hit the gym prior. Since it opened at 6:30AM (as the sign on the door said) this shouldnt be an issue. Except it wasn't open at 6:40AM, when we called we were told it didn't open until 8:30AM, even though the sign said something different. I don't think I have to express the frustration to anyone of pointlessly waking up at 6:20AM to get to a gym that isn't open.

We went to the Kimpenski for dinner one night, and had the same service issues there, so I don't know that its the Moevenpick with the issue, or something that falls into the cultural/regional category.

For a four star hotel, we expected much more than we received. While the views of the Sea are spectacular, and we were able to find peace and quiet at the spa pool (for $25JD per person, as the other infinity pool was closed and the beach was too loud due to work they were doing at the resort), the overall feeling we had when we left was not one of relaxation but that of being a hassle.

With a bit more attention to detail, a bit more signage and communication with guests, the Moevenpick has an opportunity to be a fantastic resort. Unfortunately, given our experience we can't recommend it as a place to go to relax...but if looking for a spot to overnight to take a mudbath in the Dead Sea this would be a fine choice.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelBug8277
NicolasPezout, Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Greetings from Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea,

Thank you for candid posting. We have reviewed your comments as a team.
We really appreciate your overall feed back about the hotel and we would like to truly apoligise that your experience was not as per your expectation. I personally remember the issue with the opening of the fitness center which is opened everyday at 6:30, unfortunately, due to a specific issue that day, we were face to a delay.
We take great pride in continual improvement and we will use your feedback to assist in our planning and service improvement.

All of us were delighted to be of service to you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Mövenpick Resort and Spa Dead Sea in the not too distant future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at the Movenpick during the recent Eid Holiday. We were very excited about staying there as it was to be our first five star resort experience. After some back and forth emailing we reserved a room overlooking the water.

The good - The food at the restaurants was excellent and we had a lovely day at the Zara Spa which was amazing. Was beautiful and relaxing and kids around. Also watching the sunset over the water from the balcony was something very special.

The bad - We had issues with check in. Although it said 4pm and we waited until then, we were only allowed to check in at 4.45pm because it turned out they hadn't cleaned our room. This meant we just stood around in the lobby waiting (and trying repeatedly to find out what was going on) and when we eventually got to the room we had to wait there while they finished cleaning.
We had a number of issues with the hot water - the first night it wasn't working and took over an hour (and several phone calls and visits by maintenance) to fix it. The final morning it stopped working again and even after another round of phonecalls it was never fixed, after two hours of trying we had to leave so we just had cold showers. No one really apologised that it wasn't working.
There were other small things but they are not worth mentioning

I would say overall it was a good experience, its just a pity the small things let it down

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Reece L

Dear valued Guest,

Greetings from Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea,

We would like to thank you for your comment and appreciated your feedback. We are happy to read that overall you enjoy your stay with us and you like the food, the hotel in general and our Zara Spa.

On the other hand, I was concerned with the comments you made regarding the time of delivery for the room as well as the technical problem with the hot water. Please accept my sincere apologies for the various shortcomings you so kindly pointed out. Sharing your experience give us the opportunity to enhance our quality and to do better in the future.

Yours truly,

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I am bit late on writing my review, because i went to the dead sea a while ago, I have unlucky stayed at this hotel. I am a big fan of moevenpick aqaba both Tala Bay and the City Branch, so I thought i'd give it a try and stay at this hotel in the dead sea, My husband and I booked one night at the hotel and it was the last weekend before Ramadan.It was a disaster, there were only two check inn agents at the counters and we had to wait for almost two hours for someone to talk to us, I found out that most of the people at the line were only day users(it means they only go to the beach and don't get a room) they should have a line for them separated from those who have a room ?? after that at almost 3 pm the agent gave us beach cards and told us to come back after an hour or so to get our room!!! My husband argued with them and we ended up going to the pool which was over crowded, I mean moevenpick shouldn't allow that amount of one day visitors all at once,they should have reservations when the hotel is full, I asked a guy there for a towel. he said no towels and walked away lol my husband and I had to share a towel for the rest of the day, after that at almost 6 pm we went again to the counters to get our room, surprisingly we had to wait for another half an hour in the line. That is absolutely insane, we got our room FINALLY the sheets were dirty they had sand all over them, I called the reception and they said he will be there in ten minutes , 1 hour later he showed up!!! what kind of a five star hotel would allow this kind of treatment to it's customers!! the second day we paid to enter the ZARA SPA to escape the crazy amount of people out there it was a great experience but I would never return to the moevenpick even though it was my favorite hotel. Next week my husband and I are thinking to go to the dead sea to celebrate my birthday, and we are going to book at kempenski Ishtar. I am really sad to have to this write such a review about moeven pick but it is now on the black listed hotels for me sadly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank shatha f

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and other travelers. We are happy to hear that you have truly indulged in our Zara Spa and that you have enjoyed your time there.

However, I was sorry to learn of your concerns with regards to our check in process in a very special week-end, the last one before Ramadan. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced. We have ensured to share your comments with our team in order to improve our services and facilities in such situation.

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to apologize. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again and we are confident that your next stay will be pleasurable in every respect.

Best regards,