“Beautiful and comfi”

Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Sweimah
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

It's a very nice pace to stay, clean and got good Food, receptionists are gentle and helpful. But it lacks variety of night life and entertainment facilities.
I would though come Again for a vacation.

• Stayed: September 2013
Barbara S, Guest Relations Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for appreciating our services and facilities, which were provided to you recently.

Moreover, I would like to note that we do offer entertainment in our hotel, such as a belly dancer and an international duet band, however, unfortunately we do not have a night club.

The Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea team would be more than happy to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Barbara Steinort

Write a ReviewReviews (2,759)

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night and it Just an amazing place to be!I highly recommend this beautiful hotel ! The place is just magical ! At the sunset you can see Palestine just amazing !! The room i got was very nice . Staffs were very friendly and well trained .
I will look forward to returning for another stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear valued guest,

Your kind comments with regards to your stay at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned.

Our team looks forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the not too distant future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Good and best hotel
Ilove pools and a clean beach
Wifi free in rooms only
Nice place at all
Try wadyrim village its better for kid's
Because its on the beach
I really love it all movenpak hotels
Please try it and tell us what you think of the most important thing in the dead sea jo hotels

Dear valued guest,

Warm greetings from the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea!

Our team was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting us and other travelers know how impressed you were with the service you received.

Your kind comments are source of great encouragement for the staff and the management to do even better in the future.

All of us were delighted to be of service to you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Mövenpick Resort and Spa Dead Sea in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

In this hotel that had forgot it's swiss hospitality, the one thing I really like is the gardens and the hotel's architecture. As it is the eldest plants have grown complementing the whole complex.

The room is comfortable and big with a nice balcony overlooking the Dead sea. Swimming at the Dead sea is a unique experience that worths swimming in if you are traveling to Jordan. Just be careful and do not open your eyes in the sea... The salt and the minerals which are very good for your skin will "burn" your eyes...

The hotel lacks of service, golf cars (really slow respond, you might wait up to 30min), needs renovation and what bothered me also, is that I was served at breakfast by someone between 12-15years old. Is this permitted in Jordan??? If yes the Movenpick administration should reconsider of engaging children. I do not think it suits the swiss mentality and ethics...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Konstantinosss

Dear valued guest,

Greetings from the Dead Sea!

Thank you for taking your time to share your constructive comments with regards to your stay at the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea here on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate that you highlight the design of our resort. On the other hand we have taken note of your feedback with regards to the service you received throughout your stay. Please be informed that our club cars are very busy from time to time and therefore, it might take longer for this service.

However, I would like to mention that our employees are all employed according to the law and age restricitions.

Moreover, please note that a soft room renovation is scheduled for this year in order to upgrade and refresh our rooms accordingly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We liked this hotel. Yes it is a little crumbly in places but this must be set against the very low tourist numbers in Jordan at present. We enjoyed the beach access and the several pool options. It was busy on the weekend but mid week was quiet. Breakfast was very nice. I used the spa and it was good service. Booking ahead was much more expensive so waiting till you get there will get you a much better price.

Room Tip: We stayed in the villas. A bit noisy if you go to bed early as nearer to entertainment but benefit i...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Loveroftravel2
Barbara S, Guest Relations Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for sharing your positive comments with us and other travelers here on TripAdvisor.

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for choosing the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea for your stay.

Our team is working steadily on improving our services and facilities and it would be of great pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 7, 2013

On 6th September 2013 at 01:30 we checked into our room, after spending around an hour at reception it was very very slow services, we've found the AC is not working in the room only the hot air coming out in a very hot summer time I spoken to the front desk at 2:00 am asking him to sort this out he said the engineer will knock our room's door in five minutes we been waiting and ringing the front desk until 03:30 no one care no one came to check the AC finally when they came they said this room most be out of order how you checked in to the room, we decide to leave the hotel and staying somewhere else when we collect our stuff we've found too much ANTS on the bed and pillows we checked out and checked into Crowne Plaze Hotel was very clean and helpful team, My recommendation not to book with Movenpick Dead Sea even if you gonna sleep on streets.
M. Shammas

4  Thank Chammasuk
Barbara S, Guest Relations Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Warm greetings from the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea!

I was sorry to learn of your concerns with your recent stay and at the outset would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed.

I have checked your details in our system and I have seen a note from our night manager, that your check-in had taken more time than usual, as your reservation was under a different name and this lead to the delay.

However, I was very sorry to read that upon arrival in your room, the AC had failed to work and the issue was not resolved to your satisfaction.

We are aware that your opinion of our service has been affected by the handling of your concerns and do hope that in time, you may reconsider your position and choose to stay with us in the future. If you do decide to return to the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, I would appreciate if you could contact me in advance in order for us to ensure a pleasant and hassle free stay for you.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Where to begin… we were told check in is at 14:00 we arrived at the location at 12:30pm and got the first room out of 4 Premium rooms at 16:00; it was 18:30 until we got all 4 rooms.

As many others paying for a premium room … we expected a premium service yet we were so disappointed as there wasn’t even an average service! There was no service at all!! Two buckets of ice took two and a half hours to arrive!! With a charge of $10!!!!! More than a bottle of mineral water! Weird because ice is usually made from tap water!!

I spoke to the MOD regarding the slow service by the “private” pool; his argument was that the hotel cannot station an employee by this “private” pool to serve the customers who paid extra than any standard room because customers need their privacy!! Privacy apparently is mistaken for being left alone in the pool!! Yet his argument fell short as many employees passed by this so called “private” pool yet served nothing to anyone!

Looking around in my room when I first entered!! I found a used towel thrown on the side of my balcony! I called reception to report and they took no action!! At all!!!!!

And finally… We usually expect the staff to be friendly!! Yet not flirty with both guys and girls!! Kind of creepy and not comfortable at all!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank AndFii
Barbara S, Guest Relations Manager at Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Kind greetings from the Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea!

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your vacation at the lowest point on earth. We appreciate receiving your comments.

Please note that we do inform our guests that our check-in time is at 4pm and our website does show this as well. Moreover, all our confirmations provide this information to our guests to avoid any inconvenience. However, I was sorry to learn that you have received your rooms after 4pm, as this is not the standard our hotel stands for.

Moreover, please be informed that we do charge for ice in case it is ordered without any drinks or food. However, we have taken note of your feedback with regards to the service around the Premium pool and the department head concerned will be thinking about measures to improve the guest satisfaction.

Your present feelings are appreciated, however, I do hope that you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience.