Spend 4 nights at this hotel. The service is terrible and there is no one around who is helpful. Spend good 30 minutes waiting for the check-in and then got the key card and map and was left to figure out where my room was in their campus. The rooms are very spread out and be ready to walk on cobbled paths. The access to the sea is not easy, with having to walk down a quite a steep hill in slippers. The last part of which is unpaved so have to be really careful on not tripping. The hotel is more about their pools rather than access to the Dead Sea. This pretty much defeats the purpose of traveling, if I want a pool, will stay in Bahrain.
The gift shop does not stock flip-flops! for a sea side resort, this is totally weird. The rooms are tacky but spacious. Mine had a balcony which was really nice.
On the good part, we had an entertainment planned for one of the nights and the hotel arranged for a troupe of Jordanian dancers which was really good fun. They got a whole lot of us engaged in the dancing and set the tone for a rocking evening. The food that night was Arabic, this was well done. The next evening, we had European food, while I liked it, overall opinion was mixed.
The hotel was really packed with conferences, so definitely is not in the list for an holiday destination. Their spa is always fully booked.
Also had the opportunity to visit the Marriott and Kempenski which are on either side of the Move n Pick, both of them looked like much nicer properties. I did not see the rooms at the other two hotels but they overall looked plusher.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the lowest point on Earth. The Mövenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea and its picturesque village setting are there to fulfill you every wish. The resort features an exceptional environment for business events, one of the largest, most advanced spas of the Middle East. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea Hotel Sweimah
- Moevenpick Resort And Spa Dead Sea
- Moevenpick Hotel Amman
- Moevenpick Hotel Dead Sea
- Movenpick Dead Sea
- Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea Jordan