This is a first class hotel with luxurious rooms and top facilities. We booked directly with the hotel at the advanced purchase rate 1 month before arrival. At 40% off the standard price, we thought it represented great value.
Location is perfect, directly by the Dead Sea. The beach area was well maintained with umbrellas, lounges and shower facilities - handy for rinsing out the 30% salt water. There was also a mud bucket to use as skin treatment.
Other facilities included a heated pool for use of hotel guests only. There was a cold water pool, but we didn’t see anyone in it at that time of year. You also get access to the spa which includes indoor pool, jacuzzi and sauna. I thought that the hotel would be swamped with day visitors, but we found this was not the case. It was peaceful and not overcrowded.
Breakfast was an impressive spread with a variety of quality options. There were 3 restaurants for dinner. We chose the sports bar which serves American and Tex Mex. This was perhaps the most informal venue with mains around 8 Dinars.
Our rooms had the most comfortable beds and the furnishings were modern. Bathroom nice and big.
Although the main purpose of our visit was to experience the Dead Sea, we were really impressed with the hotel. It wasn’t because of any one particular feature – you just get an overall sense that it is well run, classy and service oriented. We felt comfortable and relaxed. Could have gladly spent a couple more days there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa is set on the shores of the legendary Dead Sea. We are more than simply a hotel; it's a restorative experience in the heart of the world's most celebrated natural wonders. The expansive on-site spa is an integral part of the resort. It offers a retreat for guests to unwind, and offers a full menu of treatments and a unique Dead Sea salt pool. In addition, the Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa is proud to be the first hotel in the Middle East to switch to solar panel energy for hot water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jordan Valley Marriott Resort And Spa
- Jordan Valley Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Marriott Jordan Valley
- Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Marriott Sweimah
- Sweimah Marriott
- Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa Dead Sea