Dead Sea Marriott Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$137
$70
$68
Travelocity
2,074 results
All reviewsjordan valleyitalian restaurantdead seachampions barindoor poolgreat resortbreakfast buffetpublic areasgreat facilitiesmain restaurantbelly dancerbeach areaspecial thanksspamudammanterrazzo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Although the property is very nice, the service is pretty poor—especially the front desk. Months before check in, I already coordinated with the hotel for certain requests regarding our room. When we arrived, the front desk got everything right except for one big mistake—he gave us a smoking room when he asked us whether we wanted smoking or non-smoking. We opened the door to a wave of housekeepers tidying up the room. The room already seemed clean, so we thought it was a little strange for them to be cleaning so late at night (10:00pm). When they left, I only realized that there was a strong odor of smoke. I called the operator right away and he told me that our room was definitely a smoking room; there was not even a non-smoking sign at the door. I called back front desk to request a non-smoking room. However, he had the guts to tell me that it was a non-smoking room when the operator already told me it was a smoking room and it was fitted with an ashtray and matchbox. At that point, he had no choice but to acknowledge his "mistake" since he was clearly trying to sell it off as a nonsmoking room. The housekeeping staff that I walked into was clearly trying to wash away the smoke odor. When I requested for a non-smoking room again, he kept insisting that there were no more non-smoking rooms and told us that he can call housekeeping to "freshen up" the room. Of course, freshening up the room can only do so much since the smoke from previous guests already seeped into the walls and carpet. After back and forth calls, he finally "found" a non-smoking room and told me that it would only take 5 minutes maximum for it to be ready; it took another 30 minutes for me to get the room. I suspected that he did not want to release an ocean view room for us and I confirmed that as soon as I got into the room one hour after the whole ordeal.

TL;DR regarding the poor service—the front desk had the guts to lie and put me in a smoking room filled with smoke. We wasted 1 hour to get into the right room when it could have been much easier if they cooperated better.

Other than the service, the property is pretty nice. The pools are great and the main attraction, the Dead Sea, was a fun place to float in. If you have better luck than me with the service, I think your stay will be okay.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank arthursiew
Salina A, H.R Generalist at Dead Sea Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear arthursiew

On behalf of the executive committee members of the Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa, I would like to personally thank you for choosing our resort and also to extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have encountered during your stay with us; I truly appreciate your review and your willingness to share with me your experience.

Your candid feedback is of a tremendous value to us and please rest assured that your comments will be taken seriously and will be discussed in further details with the executive team.

Please accept our apologies for the lack of service you have received from our front desk staff, I have asked our Front Office Manager to look at the issue to make sure such incidents don’t occur in the future, we are striving to provide the best quality of services which represents our brand, and we rely on you our guests to find out and accordingly adjust.

Once again we apologize for the inconvenience and we look forward to welcome you back at the lowest place on earth.

Sincerely

Russel Storey

Reviewed August 6, 2014

we had a wonderful stay, me and my friends. People were friendly, pools were clean and perfect, also the rooms were very clean. the party at night was great too. Special Thanks to Mr. Shatti for his kindness and professional way in dealing with customers and also all the Marriott Staff and reservation office.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Omar S
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I was looking forward to spend a couple of days at there as the marriot has always been a favorite to all but it was a mistake. It felt like we r staying at a 3 star hotel. Water was salty, magazine in room is 3 months old. Quality of food lousy.No AC at night. I would never go there again or ever recommend this hotel to any of my friends. A total disappointment

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Rana T
Salina A, H.R Generalist at Dead Sea Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Rana T

Allow me to thank you for your review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa, we depend on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have encountered during your stay.

I truly regret that the service you received during your stay was not up to standards, the issues you mentioned are well below our norms and will be immediately addressed, I have reviewed your comments with the Executive Chef and the Director of Engineering to ensure such incidents don’t occur in the future.

Again, thank you for the review and my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

We look forward to welcome you back in the future to experience the hospitality Marriott is known for, and regain your trust and confidence.

Sincerely

Russel Storey

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Amazing time amazing people... big ups to my man shatti... best pool beat beach best landscape best service ever. Vistors you must try the duplex rooms. Dobt waste your money somewhere else when you have the marriott

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Krist A
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

I had a great experience in this hotel, the marriott sums up all you summer objectives. I will definitely visit this place as soon as I get a chance again even the service is amazing to the point that I remember the names of the people I have delt with such as Mr shatti.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends