We stayed here as part of a 'Grand Tour of Jordan' - and elected to add an additional day at the beginning, for which we were very grateful.
While the hotel wasn't perfect - there was still building work going on at the beach and the facilities on the Dead Sea itself were rudimentary; the Sunset Terrace was closed; and the noise and disruption from the Soccerex Global Convention did adversely affect the peace and availability of facilities - it was still the best of all the hotels we stayed in Jordan. And for a 'relaxation' spot, it compared very favorably with Aqaba.
The check in was smooth, and in spite of the request for non-feather bedding meaning we never had ironed bed-linen or sufficient pillow cases - the room was very comfortable. The view was good - across the sea.
The food was good - both in the on-site restaurants and in the self service area. There was a nice selection of pools - and generally there was ample space and the possibility of finding a quiet spot.
The spa was pleasant with a nice indoor pool and a range of treatments available.
And the staff were friendly, attentive and helpful throughout our stay.
So it provided a nice place to relax after our flight and if we were happy to do nothing but sunbathe all day, we could easily have stayed longer than three nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa is set on the shores of the legendary Dead Sea. We are more than simply a hotel; it's a restorative experience in the heart of the world's most celebrated natural wonders. The expansive on-site spa is an integral part of the resort. It offers a retreat for guests to unwind, and offers a full menu of treatments and a unique Dead Sea salt pool. In addition, the Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa is proud to be the first hotel in the Middle East to switch to solar panel energy for hot water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jordan Valley Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Jordan Valley Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Jordan Valley
- Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Marriott Sweimah
- Sweimah Marriott
- Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa Dead Sea