We stayed here as part of a 'Grand Tour of Jordan' - and elected to add an additional day at the beginning, for which we were very grateful.
While the hotel wasn't perfect - there was still building work going on at the beach and the facilities on the Dead Sea itself were rudimentary; the Sunset Terrace was closed; and the noise and disruption from the Soccerex Global Convention did adversely affect the peace and availability of facilities - it was still the best of all the hotels we stayed in Jordan. And for a 'relaxation' spot, it compared very favorably with Aqaba.
The check in was smooth, and in spite of the request for non-feather bedding meaning we never had ironed bed-linen or sufficient pillow cases - the room was very comfortable. The view was good - across the sea.
The food was good - both in the on-site restaurants and in the self service area. There was a nice selection of pools - and generally there was ample space and the possibility of finding a quiet spot.
The spa was pleasant with a nice indoor pool and a range of treatments available.
And the staff were friendly, attentive and helpful throughout our stay.
So it provided a nice place to relax after our flight and if we were happy to do nothing but sunbathe all day, we could easily have stayed longer than three nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa is set on the shores of the legendary Dead Sea. We are more than simply a hotel; it's a restorative experience in the heart of the world's most celebrated natural wonders. The expansive on-site spa is an integral part of the resort. It offers a retreat for guests to unwind, and offers a full menu of treatments and a unique Dead Sea salt pool. In addition, the Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa is proud to be the first hotel in the Middle East to switch to solar panel energy for hot water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jordan Valley Marriott Resort And Spa
- Jordan Valley Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Marriott Jordan Valley
- Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Marriott Sweimah
- Sweimah Marriott
- Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa Dead Sea