Spent two nights at the Marriott resort in the Dead Sea on a package that included local champagne. Was an excellent experience overall.
First, about the area - there is no real city anywhere near the hotel. Basically, there are the three dead sea resorts (in Jordan) - Kempinski, Moevenpick and Marriott. All are side by side (but cannot be accessed from a common beach - you have to go out to the lobby and then the slip road). When I booked this place I was really looking for a room at the Moevenpick and was dissappointed when I could not find one. I do not regret booking the Marriott at all.
The room overlooked the pool and had a seaview as well. One thing I would HIGHLY reccommend is trying to avoid a room that overlooks the pool that allows children (there is a pool for adults only - GREAT idea). The other pool can be very noisy during the day.
Breakfast was included and was very good - typical resort buffet breakfast. Had dinner once on the outdoor terrace down by the "grown up pool" - can't remember the name, but it was a great experience. Had to book when we were there as it was Jordanian independence (?) day. Really nice BBQ buffet where you pick the type of meat you want (angus steak, chicken, lamb chops, lobster, prawns...something for everyone) and then you have the choice of grilling it yourself of having it prepared by one of the chefs. Wine was included.
Great place overall. Lots of resteraunts. Only suggestion is avoid the "kiddy" area if you don't have kids. It seems that the hotel was divided into different areas - some for families, and others for singles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa is set on the shores of the legendary Dead Sea. We are more than simply a hotel; it's a restorative experience in the heart of the world's most celebrated natural wonders. The expansive on-site spa is an integral part of the resort. It offers a retreat for guests to unwind, and offers a full menu of treatments and a unique Dead Sea salt pool. In addition, the Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa is proud to be the first hotel in the Middle East to switch to solar panel energy for hot water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jordan Valley Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Jordan Valley Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Jordan Valley
- Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Marriott Sweimah
- Sweimah Marriott
- Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa Dead Sea