“Nice Hotel”

Amman, Jordan
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The hotel is very nice, we checked in around 1400 PM and we went to the room
The room is nice direct to the pool.

Breakfast was good but we had to wait for setup the table.
During the night I order bottle of Vodka they bring it after 45 mints but the waiter was nice and Apologized and the clup sandwish was really good.

Checkout was smooth with tamer. he is really nice.

looking to visit Marriott Soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nara A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in April. The hotel complex is beautiful and luxurious, as you would expect from the price. There are a number of stunning outdoor pools, including an infinity pool and jacuzzis, and access to a small stretch of Dead Sea beach, which is private to hotel residents. At the beach you can float in the salty waters, smother yourself in Dead Sea mud from a large pot, then wash yourself off at the on-site showers. There are also amazing views of Israel's mountains across the sea. Tip - get there early if you want to grab a sun-lounger on the clifftop overlooking the sea, and take the free plastic shoes provided at the beach to protect your feet.

We took the Spa Package deal with the hotel which gave us all-inclusive access to the spa and one treatment each. The spa is nice although not outstanding, there are better pools outside, although it has everything you would expect - pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna, and a small indoor dead-sea pool. The treatments were superb and the atmosphere was tranquil.

As this is a hotel complex the set-up seems to be around staying on-site the whole time unless you are taking day-trips elsewhere. To this end there are a number of restaurants and bars available - the main dining options are the hotel's Mosaico restaurant which offers an extensive buffet breakfast and evening meal; the brasserie for fine-dining (the lamb was exquisite); a very good Italian restaurant with outdoor patio and excellent views; there is also Cascades Barbecue restaurant and a sports bar for a more low-key dining experience, which we didn't try. For an evening drink we would recommend the Fishing Club Beach Bar, which offers an excellent ambience for drinks under a starry sky, plus a belly-dancer who performed both nights we were there.

Our room was excellent, spacious with a huge bed and a luxurious bathroom. When we first arrived we could hear children shouting through the wall, but the hotel were happy for us to change room so we could have a more peaceful experience! Our only gripe was the air conditioning as we struggled to get the temperature right at night (it was either too hot or too cold), although that could have just been us.

We were probably in an unusual position to most hotel guests as we were arranging our own travel throughout the holiday rather than a package tour. Since there are no buses from the Dead Sea to Petra, the only viable option was to take a taxi. The hotel use the Hertz company who offer a service at inflated tourist prices - we were quoted 130 JD. We requested they contact a local taxi for us, and after some negotiation we were able to arrange a yellow private taxi for 90 JD. If you were able to get a recommended driver in advance you might be able to save even more (Petra taxi drivers 65JD for the same journey).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LA, California
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel is definitely a 5 star hotel because of its area, spa, beautiful landscape, spacious balcony, and room cost BUT the food and drinks were terribly over priced and not even close to delicious - aside from breakfast. Unless you leave the resort, you're stuck with whatever is available. Staying here felt like being on a cruise - many restaurants closed during "low times." After reading the other reviews, I'm starting to believe we ate completely different food than others...

Let me begin with breakfast. It's buffet style and there are many different choices. We loved that we got a carafe full of hot coffee and an endless supply of hot milk. Pancakes, waffles and omelets were made to order! Yum!

We tried to eat at the Italian restaurant but it was closed. When we tried again at 7, when it was set to open, it wasn't. The man at reception said to try 7:15 or 7:30. WHAT?!? I should come back 30 minutes after it opens to get some food? Forget it.

We ate at Champions. The food was incredibly bad. Our boneless chicken had a big bone in it. Enough said.

We ordered room service a couple of times. "45 minutes or it's free" is its motto. Perhaps they should work on making sure the food is tasty and cooked to order instead of worrying about getting it to the guests in a timely manner. One day, we ordered fish fingers for my daughter. I could barely find the fish. It was battered and overly fried. I'm not sure why I continue to order from the kids menu for my daughter when clearly the choices are not the healthiest. They charge 6 JD for sparkling bottled water and 3 JD for a glass of milk. Outrageous prices.

Once I finally get past the food choices and quality, the hotel is actually quite nice - particularly for children. The balcony is like a deck - huge, open-spaced, but safely enclosed. This allowed our daughter to safely run around while we could relax on the deck with her, but still have the comforts of our room nearby.The pool area is massive - many pools to choose from. They even have a kiddie one with a small spray shower. Near the restaurants, there is even a play area - for little ones and older ones with slides, climbing toys, see saws and sand to play in. They also have an indoor play area (Jungle Games) with games for older children and space for younger children to play with toys and watch DVDs. (I think Tom and Jerry was running while we were there.)

I tried out the spa. I highly recommend it! It's plush and well-serviced. If you pay 15 JD, you can spend the whole day there! (I didn't do this, but I could see how it would be nice.) However, if you pay for any service, then you can still spend the whole day there. I had a Dead Sea mud facial. It was amazing! Worth the price!

I've heard from friends who stayed elsewhere that all of the Dead Sea hotels are very kid-friendly. We originally wanted to stay at the Movenpick, but there were apparently some issues with mosquitoes. Darn! We probably wouldn't stay here again unless we had our own vehicle and could go elsewhere for lunch and dinner.

*Side note, I have to comment on the man who checked us in. Why do some people seem so bored? I didn't catch his name, but wished I had. He did not seem thrilled to be working there and answered all of my questions with absolutely no enthusiasm. Luckily, he is the ONLY one of all the staff to be that way. Everyone else - from the Spa employees to housekeeping to the lifeguards to the Room Service were extremely professional and friendly!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank wine4us
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Firstly this is a luxurious, very well maintained, clean and beautyful landscaped hotel. No doubt, it comes at a rather heft price but hey its holiday. We stayed two nights on our road trip and enjoyed just one day been lazy and getting a tan. The Baptism site and the wonderful Dead Dea Panoramic Museum (best food I had the entire week!!!) are only 20 minutes drive away, so if you plan to stay a week there are things to do as well. The choice of restaurants and quality of food can not be moaned about and the rooms are spotless and just nice. Unfortunately we didnt use the Spa, it looked fab but the prices were to much for me. Now the odd bits of this hotel ..... like many chain hotels it does lack personality or soul, the reception staff were a bit condascending but the biggest issue is the restaurant staff. We repeatetly saw staff stealing food from the buffets, once at dinner in the italian place (they have a antipasti buffet) and twice from the buffet. Staff were just going taking a muffin , piece of fruit or glass of juice and left to eat and smoke outside under the staircase. Surely the Marriott must provide their staff with a canteen and resonable amout of meals and a staff smoking area. We even noticed once a group of two waiters going under the staircase and looking up when we walked up and we were wearing dresses, cheaky but unneccessary creapy!

Room Tip: All rooms have partial sea view, the beach is tiny, go early and take some water and bring your own...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Kobe, Japan
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We concluded our trip to Jordan at the Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort and Spa and could not have been happier with our experiences there. The resort is located in a dry desert area, but the first thing noticed while driving in is the lush landscaping, the beautiful trees, bushes and flowers, surrounding the property, making the trip inside very welcoming. The grounds are well-maintained, as is the entire property. It takes a few minutes to walk to the Dead Sea shore and then back up to the swimming pools, but it’s well worth it for those who want the experience of bobbing in this unique environment. The friendly and highly professional Marriott staff members made the stay even more special. One employee who stood out was a woman called Chiele in Guest Relations who was able to provide us with extra help while she was providing other guests with extra help. The food was high quality and there were several restaurants to choose from. All in all, about as good as it can get.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thomoto
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We spent the last 3 nights of our stay in Jordan at the Marriott. After a long drive from Petra through the King's Highway (absolutely worth it!), we arrived in paradise! The Hotel is a gem: beautiful in every way. We arrived earlier than thought. Our room was still unavailable (which we knew about), hence we made the most of the facilities in the interim. At one point my mobile battery gave up and as I needed to leave a message, the Concierge lady recharged my phone for me, without me having to bother to look for my charger in my suitcase! That was mostly helpful!
We had a junior suite, which was spacious and comfortable, with everything we needed. We had views of the swimming pools and the Dead Sea: unbeatable! The weather was great, the food great too and plentiful. We tried the buffet, the Italian and the American restaurants - all great! My son had food on the Terrace too, at the Acacia Bar and said that their burger was the best ever (and he's had 1 or a 100 before!!!)
Any time we had a question of any sort the staff answered it professionally, informatively and politely. I cannot say enough that absolutely everybody was so helpful and courteous and this made our stay in this corner of paradise even more pleasant!
The Dead Sea is in itself a treat: floating to no ends and having a mud bath too! The young man in charge of giving you towels and slippers was very helpful too, thanks.
I even used the Spa (I am not a great fan, usually; but my husband is) and found it very good indeed!
Would like to say thank you to all the staff for making our stay memorable! Would love to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in a junior suite on the 5th floor: spectacular views of pools, gardens, Dead Sea and West...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Schleswig, Germany
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I don't think so you will find better than this place is just amazing modren place the hotel is so clean and has got golden touching in every corner down there. Really good job what they have done.. The staff have good knowledge and experience as well as the y keep the guest on touch through ther's eyes I do love it and I wish you the best

• Stayed September 2012