“Beautiful resport, friendly staff, highly recommended!”

Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Sweimah
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Beautiful resport, friendly staff, highly recommended!”
Reviewed March 31, 2008

I stayed at this hotel with a friend for 1 night. The premises are very stylish and well maintained. Staff were friendly and very attentive. Good choice of food offered. The hotel has a private beach by the Dead Sea as well as swimming pools.
The resort has a very good spa. There is not much to do outside the hotel. The only disadvantage is very high price for using business centre (internet access).

Would definitely use this hotel again.

• Liked — Stylish, nice beach, friendly staff.
  • Disliked — High price for using business facilities.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank Brightrob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Eagle Mountain, Utah
Reviewed March 10, 2008

I should preface this review by saying that I was married in the gardens of this hotel so I have a somewhat rose-colored view of my experience with this location. However, I have stayed here multiple times over the years so hopefully my opinions will still have some merit. My most recent stay was May 2007, and my first stay was in May 2004.

The hotel is located directly on the banks of the Dead Sea and although there have been a few other hotels built around it since then, in my opinion it is the nicest hotel on the Dead Sea. The staff is dedicated to your comfort and you can always find what you need. The pools are breathtaking, and the view is incredible. They have a private entrance to the Dead Sea where they bring mud for you so you can rub the mud on, let it dry, scrub it off when dry, and then rinse in the Dead Sea for the traditional cleansing bath. It is amazing for your skin and the experience of floating in the water is unlike any other. I rode a camel on the beach and at night we liked to sit on the balcony in the cafe and enjoy the great food, tea, and coffee, and enjoy the view. The hotel occasionally brings in a bellydancer from Turkey or Russia who performs and entertains the guests in a tasteful way.

The rooms have very comfortable furnishings and are relatively spacious and comfortable. The Bridal Suite at my wedding was amazing, including even a balcony to sit and have breakfast, a sitting room, a massive natural stone-covered bathroom, and meals rushed to us from the kitchen to enjoy in private.

For anyone wanting to visit Jordan and the Dead Sea, I would recommend this hotel most definitely.

• Liked — Amazing views, Location right on the banks of the Dead Sea, Friendly and Helpful Staff
  • Disliked — Somewhat mediocre food but not too bad
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank kristalkareh
Orange County, California
Reviewed February 29, 2008

I spent 3 nights in this hotel while attending a conference. It resides in a resort complex that includes a Moevenpick and a Kempinski.

I had a room on the fifth (top) floor with a view of the pools – and the Dead Sea beyond. The room itself was standard Marriott, with workdesk and wired internet connection (10JD per day) and an armoire that contained a 27-inch CRT television. Closet space was ample, and the bathroom was fine, with combination shower/tub (with curtain), toilet and bidet. I would call the size of the room and bathroom average, but clean and well-maintained.

During my stay, the air conditioning was not operating properly. I informed the front desk upon leaving one morning and when I returned, it was working – but barely. By the next morning it was again ineffective. Consequently, I discovered from a colleague that they were originally assigned my room but moved because of the AC – so the management of the hotel was clearly aware of it before putting me in the room. Also, there was never any further follow-up from the hotel after my complaint to ensure that the problem was resolved. This is a major black-mark in my assessment of the hotel’s service – enough that I would consider the Kempinski as an alternative on my next visit.

As it was February, the weather outside was cool enough that I could leave the balcony door open to refresh the room – and I was only in it at night in any case.

Because I was there on business, I didn’t have a chance to use the spa or pools, though I did get a quick dip in the Dead Sea early one morning. The erosion of the water level in the Dead Sea since the hotel opened 5 years ago is clearly evident as it has dropped 6 feet below some of the access stairs – care is needed in finding the best place to jump in.

All meals during my stay were provided by the conference either at the convention center next door or at the other hotels, so I didn’t have any experience with the restaurants.

Stayed February 2008
4 Thank OCTravelAgent
Reviewed February 27, 2008

This has to be one of the best hotels, ever!! The service is outstanding and the hotel grounds, pools, rooms and restaurants are amazing. We were upgraded to a suite room overlooking the Dead Sea and it was absolutely sublime. (We stayed for only one night in Feb 2008) It was the perfect way to end a 10 day vacation of touring around Egypt and Jordan. We enjoyed floating in the Dead Sea. The beach access was a bit small, but there seemed to be plenty of area to sunbathe above the access. Only one pool was heated during our stay, and could have been a tad warmer. But we moved to the indoor pool and whirlpool and it was perfect! The gift shop was great to pick up those last minute gifts that we forgot. (typically, the tax rate was outrageous).

We had cheese and wine delivered to our room and enjoyed both while watching the sunset over the Dead Sea. We then dined at the steakhouse restaurant which was wonderful. A perfect way to end a perfect trip.

I really can't say enough about the service of the hotel. Everyone was warm, helpful and extremely personable. I don't know why anyone would stay anywhere else.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — We didnt' stay longer....
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelsfar1234
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 12, 2008

This was our third stop and third Marriott in Jordan. This is by far the nicest Marriott in Jordan. The lobby and grounds are very nice. The room had a great view and very, very comfortable beds! There is nothing to do here but relax. This place is ideal if you want to relax and nothing else. You can take a dip in the Dead Sea, (be sure to wear the rubber shoes, they look silly but are needed.) sit around the pool and mud yourself up. We were bored after our first day. Good thing we went to the Baptism sight for the afternoon.

The food here is OK. When we first arrived we were excited to eat outside. Much to our surprise there was no outdoor dining. We asked several people at the desk, concierge, etc. and they didn’t seem to know, which came as a surprise since there are only 3 options here. You are pretty much trapped here because there is nowhere else to go. We made reservations at the steak house the first evening, good thing we did because they were turning people away even though there were only 5 tables being served the entire 3 hours we were there. The service was very slow, but there is nothing else to do here so we were patient. The next evening we decided to try the buffet. We were told the buffet was full, to come back in 1 hour. The entire restaurant had been reserved for a huge Russian tour group. The steak restaurant was once again “booked” with the 5 tables. So we waited for our flavorless meal.

This is by far the nicest Marriott in Jordan,

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
6 Thank tgh60660
INDIANAPOLIS
Reviewed January 9, 2008

Even though nightly rate a costly, it is worht it value wise in terms of other similar hotels and resorts. very nice and comfortable rooms with great scenery all around. food it very costly however and breakfast is lacking. beach access isnt that great either.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
5 Thank nogoodscallywag
Brussels
Reviewed January 4, 2008

We very much enjoyed our one night stay at the hotel. Check in was smooth and fast, followed by a lovely tasty lunch in the Italian restaurant. Then it was time for a float in the dead sea. Towels and jelly sandals are provided free of charge at the beach. Wearing the sandals is a good idea, as walking on the stoney sand kills your feet. There is also some mud which you can slap on, let dry and then wash off in one of the many sweet water showers on the beach. There are four pools and plenty of jacuzzis to relax in. We then had a nice meal at Jos steak house followed by a dead sea envelopment which comes highly recommended, as long as you do not shave on the day - the salt is very painfull in the wounds!

The staff are very friendly and we even received a totally unexpected cake to celebrate our honeymoon, as I must have mentioned it when booking over the phone.

The beds are sooo comfortable!!!!

This place comes highly recommended but for a maximum of two nights, as you will get bored if you do not enjoy hanging out by the pool all day.

• Liked — The cleanliness and friendliness of all staff
  • Disliked — Access to the beach
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple