The Jordan Valley Marriott Resort and Spa was a very good stay for New Years Eve.
The room, although not particularly extravagant, was large and comfortable and had two large Queen Beds in the twin room. It overlooked the hotels large internal pool and courtyard, which was pleasant (although, the balconies do not offer much privacy as they are minimally separated from the neighbouring room).
Wandering down to the Hotel's beach is a true treat. Its great fun drifting in the Dead Sea, with the view of Israel in the distance. Its almost eerie. It is a bit of a hike to get from rooms down to the beach, however.
For New Years Eve, the Hotel's Acacia bar, with its live pianist was a nice start to the evening. The Steak House, although expensive, also offered excellent service and very good food that justified the cost (we were happy to skip the hotel's many buffet's that were being specially run for the night).
The hotel ran a special New Years Eve party in its Ballroom, which was really good fun. Everyone was enjoying the dance floor.
The breakfast was good, but the hotel was so busy that there were waits for tables. Also, there were long queues to check in and out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jordan Valley Marriott Dead Sea Resort & Spa, Jordan's hospitality ambassador of life's healing grounds is surrounded by rugged purple mountains that subtly change in color as the day unfolds. This is where the spirit of Jordan fills the air and the pulse of history resonates in culture with an endless celebration of life and traditions. The Resort offers anticipatory and warm service that revives the soul, as well as a self contained blend of modern décor and generous space. Service is unparalleled, anticipating every need and the culinary delights are a pleasure to enjoy. The "Spa" is an integral part of the resort. It offers a retreat for guests to unwind, relax and rejuvenate and is designed to offer guests a unique experience and to help re-balance the body, mind and spirit. The treatments are specially prepared to invigorate the body and soul. In addition, the Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa is proud to be the first hotel in the Middle East to switch to solar panel energy for hot water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Marriott so you can book your Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jordan Valley Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Jordan Valley Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Jordan Valley
- Marriott Hotel Sweimah
- Marriott Sweimah
- Sweimah Marriott
- Jordan Valley Marriott Resort & Spa Dead Sea