After reading some other reviews, it seems that being a 'Member' gets you a much better service.
Still, we had a very comfortable stay and the Filipino restaurant staff are fantastic and efficient.
The beds are good and the rooms spacious and I would definitely recommend you get a room with views over the Dead Sea to Israel - amazing how lit up the seemingly uninhabited cliffs on the other side become at night.
The gardens are beautifully planned and planted with various acacias and palms and a few trees we'd never seen before. The pools are really large and great for swimmers and loungers alike. Kids pool is covered with awnings and great for little ones.
The beach area is being redone and is heavily cordonned off. There is only a small area open with not enough beach loungers for everyone when we were down there; however when the beach does finally re-open it will be vast and the conviviality there at the moment will probably be lost.
Beware of the towel system; you need your towel cards back or you will be charged. However, our towel cards were not at the towel hut where we handed them in. We were told to go to the 'other' towel hut. First problem is finding the 'other' towel hut as the resort is quite large. Still no sign of our cards so they issued us new ones, but really, we didn't need to be sent on a wild-goose chase before checking out.
On arrival your bags are picked up and you are ushered onto a golf cart and driven round to your room like an invalid. I wanted to walk, but this was too big a problem so rode with the luggage. On leaving they are quite happy to let you carry everything yourself, regardless of the huge tip they got to start with. I realise most people probably like being carted around though.
The buffet restaurant has staggeringly high noise levels and seems to be the one place in the whole resort where attention to detail has not been applied in the original design.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A trio of interconnecting, palm-fringed swimming pools leads from our contemporary Arabesque-style hotel to the warm therapeutic waters of the Dead Sea. Enjoy sea and mountain views from the balcony or terrace of your room and indulge in mineral-rich Dead Sea salt treatments in our cozy & relaxing spa. You'll find the family-friendly Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea just 40 minutes by taxi from Queen Alia International Airport. You can host events from gala dinners by the pool to conferences in our 4 modern meeting rooms. Surf the web with complimentary wireless Internet in the chic marble Lobby, or log on to PCs in our Business Centre. The resort also offers complimentary valet parking. Enjoy a relaxing yoga class in Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea's MiniGym while fun activities and a trampoline keep the kids amused. You can listen to live music while sipping cocktails at beachfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea Hotel Dead Sea Region
- Holiday Inn Resort Dead Sea Jordan