This place is set in a beautiful location, the building, pool, and grounds are gorgeous. You take a boat to get in and out of the resort, through a river, and the experience is amazing. So why was this place terrible? I don't know where to begin. Our toilet flooded after the first flush. Service people came up, denied that there was a problem, and had to be called up a second time to fix it. This process took about 2 days, so during that time, we walked around a bathroom that was wet with sewage. Not pleasant. The room had a low beam that I kept hitting my head on. Requested a different room and this was denied even though other rooms were available. Staff were polite, but incompetent. Unable to handle even simple requests. Room service took over 2 hours (but food was good). Upon our checkout, we scheduled ample time to allow for the boat ride, traffic, etc. However, their computers were down, and no one knew how to write up a paper bill. So we waited, and waited, and waited. Finally, we got a bill that which included several erroneous charges. I contested these charges, and this meant even more waiting. I had to pay in cash, but fortunately had enough. Of course, no apologies were given. Finally, we paid our bill and left, but when we got off the boat to the taxi stand, we were chased by another boat with a hotel employee claiming that we had to pay even more. This was also erroneous, but managed to waste more of our time. In the end, we barely made it to our flight, thanks to the gross incompetence of the Estuary Island Resort management. I am sure it is quite possible that others might not have the same horrible experience that we did, but why take the chance? Don't stay here.
Location: India > Kerala > Puvar
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Puvar
Price Range: $103 - $456 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Estuary Island 5*
Number of rooms: 85
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Estuary Island is world class resort located at Poovar, near Trivandrum in the state of Kerala, India. The uniqueness starts from the natural setting - where a lake, river, sea and beach meet. True to the name in spirit and substance, its a four some island experience, one would cherish in all aspects. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, IBC Hospitality, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Estuary Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estuary Island Hotel Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
- Estuary Island Puvar
- Estuary Island Kerala/Puvar, India