Monsoon vacation in July with family. Refreshing boat ride along the backwater channel to reach the resort, which is bang in front of the estuary (hence the resort"s name). Get an estuary view room for a fantastic view. The entire staff is very sincere & friendly. They're happy to converse about the culture, tradition & life in Kerala. Restaurant/ dining area located on the waterfront offers the most relaxing and scenic view - backwater channel, estuary, beach & Arabian Sea in full flight. The F&B team truly looked after us - arranged special customized menus for us and explained their preparation & the tradition associated with them. Last day was special - customized menu again...but with candle light dining at a special table on the waterfront...and a complimentary cake for dessert with "We will miss you baby" for our 7 year old. What a sweet gesture! Haven't had such top class service & caring at a resort/ hotel in a long while. 2 things can be improved, though - rooms can do with better lighting (esp reading lights) and need more plug points (or provide multi plugs/ junction boxes).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Estuary Island is world class resort located at Poovar, near Trivandrum in the state of Kerala, India. The uniqueness starts from the natural setting - where a lake, river, sea and beach meet. True to the name in spirit and substance, its a four some island experience, one would cherish in all aspects. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Estuary Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estuary Island Hotel Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
- Estuary Island Puvar
- Estuary Island Kerala/Puvar, India