We arrived on a Wednesday night and it was a magical boat ride from the jetty to the hotel. The day time ride is okay, but best enjoy the ride at night or under moon light makes it a magical experience. From there we arrived and check in was an interesting process, and had a bit of a fright when we saw food left outside the rooms when checking in, we were wondering whether we had made the right choice...after this not so great start things got better...
We were possibly the only guests there apart from the MTV Film crew who were there for some tv show. The hotel staff looked after us considering the disruption from the film crew. The restaurant staff especially Rekha, Ajith, Mithun, Ibin et al, must get a special mention for all the special requests we made and was delivered.
Things they did well:
Looking after us, great food, service, star treatment. Having fresh fish from the river. The tea shop where they serve bajjis and tea, very nice!
Things not so good:
Main pool was off limits and was not in use, a shame as we wanted to try it out, they have 3 pools, the main one is under repair, the secondary one was reserved for the filming, so we were limited to the smaller Ayurveda pool, which was great but would have been nice to have tried them all.
Would have liked to have seen more traditional Kerala dishes on the menu as we didn't get to try things like Appam, etc... which is famous in Kerala
Would have been nice to post some pool rules so that there is no chance of any ambiguity between staff and guests.
Overall a very nice stay! Rajesh & Krishnan are doing a fantastic job, I hope they keep it up and my wife and I are looking forward to coming back again soon!
Guys do consider having a barbeque on the beach or something, I know we would have loved something like that as well as a few other guests who would have loved this. Also maybe a dance night it would have been good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Estuary Island is world class resort located at Poovar, near Trivandrum in the state of Kerala, India. The uniqueness starts from the natural setting - where a lake, river, sea and beach meet. True to the name in spirit and substance, its a four some island experience, one would cherish in all aspects. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Estuary Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estuary Island Hotel Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
- Estuary Island Puvar
- Estuary Island Kerala/Puvar, India