The resort is reachable only after a short boat-ride (max ten persons) of about fifteen minutes. The hotel rooms are housed in large villas on the resorts. Our room was sparsely furnished. Like all the places I stayed in Kerala, black-out was common and it is a good idea to have a torch with you. You may get a few mosquitoes so be prepared also. I had breakfast and dinner there. Breakfast was simple affair and dinner was more interesting with a good spread of Indian and western cuisine.
What I like most of the resort is that it’s you can take a five minutes boat-ride to a beach where fishermen still cast their net to the sea in the morning. It takes around fifteen to twenty people to pull the net back in and you are welcomed to give a helping hand. I tried my hand at it and it was a tiring exercise. It was hard labor with potential little reward and I got to appreciate a little more of the life of the local fishermen.
I am not sure how many comparable accommodations are nearby but the opportunity to spend some time with the local fishermen in the early morning is attractive enough for anyone to consider this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Estuary Island is world class resort located at Poovar, near Trivandrum in the state of Kerala, India. The uniqueness starts from the natural setting - where a lake, river, sea and beach meet. True to the name in spirit and substance, its a four some island experience, one would cherish in all aspects. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Estuary Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estuary Island Hotel Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
- Estuary Island Puvar
- Estuary Island Kerala/Puvar, India