“Return Guests, never again!”
Review of Alba Resort Hotel

Alba Resort Hotel
Ranked #14 of 44 Hotels in Colakli
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Although this hotel has had a much needed facelift and the food has improved, the hotel itself has not! As return guests we were expecting a wonderful animation team (who made our holiday great last time), unfortunately the entertainment has now become this hotels downfall. We arrived and on our first night the entertainment was I quote, "Golden Oldies Night", we are a family with an 8 year old child, this I believed to be a joke but oh no 1000 German grannies greeted us and scowled so much that we left! The rest of the week saw 20 mins entertainment by the pool and 40 minutes at night, not good enough, it was actually the joke of our holidays, at least we could laugh about it! The Air conditioning was supposed to be on at certain times of the day, it never was and when we complained, the receptionist gave my husband a mouthful of abuse. I was absolutely sick and tired of being spoken to in German. Ice cream from 2-4 and when my little boy was playing waiter one day and getting us all ice lollies he was refused by the extremely rude server, when I went over to sort it out I was smiled at and spoken to in German (what a surprise!) when she discovered I was English, she shouted rather rudely NO ENGLISH and I was left embarrassed. The plus points were the food and the staff in the restaurants and bars, they were superb! If you are English do not bother going here, you are not welcome!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank gards39

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Based on our first visit August/sept 2013 we decided to book again this year and so pleased we did. The hotel is brilliant and staff are amazing.
Our 2yr old and 3yr old had a fab time at the mini disco each night but this was mostly due to the kids club team Adam, Adele and the lovely lady who's name I don't know :0(
The hotel is exceptionally clean and tidy 100% of the time and every member of staff we encountered was polite and friendly towards us and our girls.
Food is of a high standard all be it a bit repetitive (main restaurant in side) however there is so much choice you can easily have something different every day and leave any of the restaurants full and extremely content.
Pools were really quiet which was great, beach was a bit busier but plenty of bed available where ever you decided to enjoy the sun from.
Rooms are carpeted which with a 2+3yr old is a god send as tiled floors are so slippy when little ones have wet feet.
Only negative point about the rooms are that the bath is like an ice rink when wet :0( even myself and my husband struggled to keep upright when showering, this was easily solved by placing a small towel in the bottom of the bath when in use :0)
Special mention must go to Amrick (looks after the on site horses) he is a really lovely man, he always has a smile on his face and takes the time to interact with the kids when they show an interest in the horses. He is a real credit to the hotel and one of the main reasons we returned and will be returning again in 2015 :0)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Davina N
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Alba Resort is the home of a family friendly enviroment. All the staff are on top of your needs they serve near enough 24/7. This hotel is just outstanding the food, value, service, sleep quality, the lot - couldn't ask for more. Definatly a family vacation hotspot. The rooms are a decent size for my two children, me and my husband not once did we get stuck passing each other. I don't usually go to a hotel more than once but the tables have turned. I 100% agree on booking a place at Alba Resort.

Room Tip: Pick any there all great quality.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank hollys905
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We have visited the alba on average once per year for the last few years, and although it sometimes has a few niggly issues overall we love it. A big plus point to this hotel is the kids club (mainly Sandro and Melly) my 6 year old loves it an they really work hard. Unlike a previous review (and everyone is entitled to their own views) we found Sandro great, he virtually lives at the hotel and is their with the kids morning noon and night, everyone is entitled to an off day and personally the way some people speak to the kids club team is like they are hired servants. Yes you pay to be there but that's no excuse for bad manners! That being said, perhaps it wasn't good commenting about other guests, however I suspect he was just saying as it is as there are a lot of rude Germans!

Back to the resort though- it's has definitely improved over the years:

Food- outside seating area is a great plus on improvements for last year- it's is geared a lot for Europeans but its good to try something different that isn't an 'english' breakfast.

Kids club- fantastic (enough said!)

Pool- added extra slides last year which was exciting for little and big ones alike. Plenty of sunbeds, pool bar serves good variety of food and drinks and ice creams are daily and really good

Reception- newly redesigned and looks great- some of the staff very helpful (mainly guest relations), desk staff not so much (unless you tip and speak German) last year I went to point out the water pipe had disconnected from our bathroom sink and waited patiently to tell them, was blatantly ignored then they proceeded to serve a German couple instead!

Rooms- spacious and comfy, bathroom is a bit of a death trap by means of the bath- it's very deep and has no grip on the bottom so climbing in and out for a shower is tricky! It's roomy enough though and you don't spend time in a bathroom! also, the rooms aren't that well sound proofed so occasionally you are woken up by inconsiderate arriving/departing guests who insist on having full on conversations in the hallways!

Shows- evening entertainment is good (room for improvement) like some other reviews have stated it would be nice if they actually sang instead of mimed but it was good nevertheless. Grease the musical was an eye opener- songs were in English but the speaking parts were in German! But they have to caterer for everyone so you can't expect everything in English!

Drinks- whatever you do don't 'buy' drinks at the reception bar- you can get the same thing for free at the pool bar! Some of the cocktails are pre prepped machines which only taste good ounces you've had a few already to numb your tastebuds!!

Thomas Cook- whatever you do DONT book their hammam spa deal- you get shipped off to some place in the middle of nowhere an get treated like cattle at a farm. By no means an enjoyable or relaxing experience (I left in tears) and you would definitely be better off in the spa at the hotel. To give them credit Thomas Cook did react to the major issue I had at the spa the same day but it has put me right off booking excursions like that now- stick to the hotel spa!

All in all though (despite moans!) we all really enjoy the hotel and are going back again this year- brushing up on my German as we speak!!! :-)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank trytobehonest
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Rude staff. Demanding money. Calling our room to demand mo ey!!!
Staff smoking at a balcony restaurant hiding in between dining customers seats while smoking. Mind you , the staff were hiding not from the customers (they did not care about the customers), they were hiding from their supervisors.
I personally witnessed a restraunt waiter screaming at a customer and yanking the cutlery off his table thus not letting him eat the food he brought to the table. Why? The waiter decided the lunch time was over while the restaueant buffet was still serving food. The customer came to the table with a platefull of food he just got from the buffet.
The most revolting of all was the behaviour of a kindergarten staff member named Sandro. He was extremely rude to us on several occasions. It did not stop him though to share his thoughts with me about other hotel customers. Once while i was still waiting for my child, Sandro pointed at a mother leaving with her girl and said to me refering to her that all the German customers of the hotel were 'rude village people' (this is an exact quote). Mind you that was not him sharing his thoughts with a friend or a collegue - that was a staff member talking to a hotel guest about another hotel guest. I was literally disgusted.
Sandro is a disgrace that should be kept as far away from our prescious children as possible - cold hearted, indifferent, rude, allowing himself to scream at parents and to badmouth hotel guests.
The whole experience was so horrible that thinking of this holiday still makes me shudder.
Stay away from this place!! It could be ok, as the hotel grounds are ok, but the staff is a total disgrace that ruins everything. I have to mention though that the only smiling and always super nice people were the pool bar staff.

• Stayed: September 2013
7  Thank natazal
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed here a few years ago and I loved it it's been very hard to find another holiday to match this hotel I want to go back here year after year but very pricey it's is one of the best holidays iv ever been on and iv had a few if you are thinking of going here then book cos you will not be disappointed 24 hour bar rooms clean staff very nice

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank jacci1962
AlbaHotels, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Alba Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2015

Hallo,

thank you for the review.
The opinions of our guests are very important for us. We are really happy that you enjoy your holiday in our hotel.

We hope that we can welcome you again in Alba Resort Hotel.

Kind regards

Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We went for the third time this year to the new revamped Alba Resort Hotel.
This was the best one of all.
The hotel is more lavish than before and just as impeccable as it has been the previous years.
I can honestly see why there are returning customers again and again here as it is a real holiday that you can relax and forget about the troubles of the world.
This time I actually turned my phone off and had a blissful 2 weeks to recharge my batteries.
I love the Alba Resort and I think that any other holiday I go on will always be compared to this amazing Hotel.
I will return one day but still have lots of other places in the world i'd like to see first.
If you are thinking of going here don't hesitate just book it and enjoy.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground room when booking and it's worth paying a bit extra for a family room if you ca...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Love_Eating_Out2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colakli
Alba Queen Hotel
VONRESORT Golden Coast
VONRESORT Golden Coast
#10 of 44 in Colakli
Aydinbey King's Palace Spa & Resort

Been to Alba Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!