“good hotel”

Ranked #11 of 40 Hotels in Colakli
Koksijde, Belgium
“good hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Good hotel,super location on the beach,super friendly staff and what a animation team.
Great shows and activities. sometimes problems with the russian people that drink to much alcohol and no respect for the food

Room Tip: room with seaview
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank djborre

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Brugge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I know, being late for checkout is stupid, but charging an extra day for 2 rooms is rather harsh, especially after what had happened to us earlier, without us ever making a fuss.

It started right at the beginning. We travel with 4 children (2 on the verge of adulthood, 2 small children whom we like to keep close to us in the hotel). They couldn't give us a room for 2 adults plus 2 children, but we settled for a room for three with a king size double bed and slept with a 9 year old between us the whole week. No problem. Teşekkür ederim (thank you!).

The first day I got trapped in the elevator. Light went out and back on. I was alone. Didn't panic, I figured someone would notice, especially after I had pushed the "bell" button (several times). Finally I noticed the emergency phone, which connected me to the reception. Unfortunately, no-one there understood the word "elevator" or "lift". I tried English, German. "Trapped", "stuck"… Sorry, don't understand. Then I looked at the notice inside the elevator and found out the Turkish word is "asansör". Aha! Fifteen more minutes and I was a free man. Teşekkür ederim !
The same afternoon, while a technician was repairing elevator No 1, my son got halted in elevator No 2 for a few minutes. Probably something to do with the works. No problem. Why make a fuss? He found it exciting…

Three times we had to return from the 7th floor to the reception to get a new key card, because our card wasn't working. No-one looked surprised. They threw the card away, asked our room number and programmed a new one. Teşekkür ederim !

The third day, I couldn't get our in-room safe to open. At first the people at the reception thought it was a key card problem again, but I explained to them that the lock was responding to the card (green light) but didn't open. One member of the reception personnel accompanied me to my room, gave it his best shot, then called an expert (locksmith?), and the latter performed safe-door-surgery right there. Electronics problem. One bad contact. Fixed in less than an hour, with me waiting in the room and wasting my time. They told me I could leave, but hey, what are safes for? Why should I trust 2 perfect strangers with my valuables ? Anyway, problem solved, inconvenience forgotten. Teşekkür ederim !

Then we're late for checkout and they charge us an extra day for both rooms. I tell them I apologize, it was a misunderstanding, and I explain why I don't intend to pay extra. I tell my family to get our luggage into the bus and wait for me. I tell them this is my third -and last- visit to the hotel and I'm walking out. The bus drives away … and they close the barrier on us and mobilize security !
Other guests don't want to be late to the airport, so I feel I am being held hostage, and I see no other option than to pay. Teşekkür ederim indeed!
The reception people are only doing their job, I know. They delivered the message, I understand. But they're not seeing me again.

All that being said, honesty compels me to admit that the food was good, the animation team were amazing, the personnel were extremely friendly, the rooms were clean and spacious, there were always enough seats near the pool, the evening shows were fun etc.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank Koen R
Gateshead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here from 8th July 2013 for 10 nights with my husband, daughter 16 and her boyfriend. We have been to 5* luxury hotels in Lara beach and Belek before so were not sure what to expect. When we arrived in the early hours of the morning the food was 24hr service so we were able to go and eat a hot meal in the restaurant which we were impressed with. We were then took to our rooms which were lovely and immaculate but the air conditioning was a bit of a problem. We found that during the night the air conditioning was turned down, almost off, which meant that when waking up the room was not very cool. Also 4 days during the holiday the maid left my daughters balcony door open and therefore her air conditioning was not on when she came to get ready on a night time which was a nightmare. The corridors did not have air conditioning and the hotels air conditioning was not very good either.

We spent our full holiday around the relax pool which i must say was not very relaxing..It is meant to have no children under 6 years old but we found there was. This was not a problem to us but just to warn others. Sunbeds were a problem unless you got up at 7am you would not find a sunbed around any of the aquapark or other pools and would have to visit the relax pool to hopefully find them.

The food was amazing and the wraps are to die for at the snack bar around the relax pool which we spent most of our days for dinner. We did also visit the different snack bars on the beach front which there was a burger bar which was lovely and also two other outside restaurants which were also lovely. We spent a few nights in the main restaurant where the food was lovely and pizza was to die for! The Asian night was lovely and lots of choice and we attended this both days it was on when we were here. We visited 3 A-la cart restaurants which were the Chinese, Italian and Mexican. We would definitely recommend the Italian and also the Mexican but you must book up the first morning you arrive there otherwise you will not get booked in at all. We could not get booked for the chinese restaurant for a free meal so we offered to pay which was accepted. The food was lovely but the staff were very rude and multiple times the did not get us drinks or other things we asked for. The staff can barley understand any English which can be a problem as they do not understand what you are asking for.

The hotel and outside area was immaculate and the maid always kept the rooms very clean as well as the pool areas and therefore we cannot complain. Some staff were very friendly although they could not talk much English and we spent most nights in the 'piano bar' as we called it, in reception where the waiter, Ali, who worked there was lovely.

We visited turkey at its hottest time which meant the weather went up to 46 degrees some days so we were basically guaranteed good weather. We would not recommend the bowling as we went twice and the first time we realized after we paid our 4€ each, that the bowling alley we were using was broke and our daughters boyfriend was loosing points for no reason so the second time we visited he put us on the same one and it happened again when he was watching but he still claimed that nothing was wrong which was quite rude.

Overall the hotel was fantastic and lovely food but minimum English people there and you will be lucky to hear an English voice. Not a luxury hotel like at Lara beach or Belek but we would visit again but not for our summer holiday maybe for a week away sometime. xx

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Jade B
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Hello everyone. Just returned from our 10-days stay at this hotel. It was our 9th stay in Turkey so we have samples to compare with. My wife and myself (both 32) stayed here in June 8-17 2013. I would share with you some issues and notes I made.
1. Territory. There are three hotels placed in one area: Kamelya HV, Selina and Fulya. Actually 5 star hotel is the one – Selina. It is really new and well equipped building, nearest to the beach with nice views from the room. It is also included 3-storey bungalow around the pool and right in front of the central Selina`s reception; and beach villages right before promenade road but before beach area. Fulya is exactly 4 star hotel and Kamelya HV – 1-3 storey buildings, nothing special with exception that you are living in quiet and non-urban territory – this is really good for those who wants to get out from big cities and relax in small comfortable area.
2. Facilities. All facilities in Kamelya World are the same. At first day, before meeting with our hotel guide, we even go to the dinner to Kamelya`s main restaurant. Nobody told us nothing and we noted afterwards that the food is the same in all restaurants. So the only difference is in accommodation. Note. If you want to save your money and use the same facilities as 5 star hotels, choose Fulya (taking into account mentioned below).
3. We noted to ourselves that Dragon bar is the place where we can spend a lot of time all day long, including deep evening. It is named because of well decorated bar area in the form of dragon. In the sun hours you can eat something and drink dark beer (Effes) which is really nice and always cold – the only place where you can drink it in Kamelya World! In the evening, if you lucky and reserved the table, you can enjoy of life music (really calm music (ABBA, Queen etc)).
4. Kamelya World is populated by many nations but the most common are Germans (around 38%) and Russians (around 30%). At reception desk of each hotel you can find list with relevant statistic which is updated daily.
5. Mini-bar: no need to list what is inside – see other comments, but what I want to note is that filling is daily between 8.50-10.00 a.m., so do not forget to hang “DND” ;)) To fill in after just call to reception and wait some time.
6. Room cleaning is well. Anytime we hang “clean up” list room was ready before our nap.
7. A-la cart restaurants: we visited Chinese, Italian and Fish. What can I say, Italian and Fish are really good but my advise – do not spend your time in Chinese, nothing special and extra spicy (extremely).
8. And now about bad sides:
- there are two-three small “hotel cars” which are very noisy especially in night hours – you can hear them from any part of the Kamelya HV for sure. Frankly speaking, usually they are electric but in this hotel not. Wonder why?..
- There is no any pier. For us this is very romantic place where we can stay in with glasses of wine ;) Moreover this is really useful in storm since wave height is not so big here.
- There is no individual air-cons in Fulya – this service is centralized (!). That means exactly air-con working is scheduled and you receive fresh air only sometimes. Especially it nerves in morning hours and night when you awake in the night because of stuffiness and sweaty. This is annoying… By my opinion, air-cons shall be used manually and at hours when clients need it. Especially when outside temperature is around 25.
- Beach is quite far from apartments and nearest restaurants (only snack bars near the beach). Around 250-300 m so be ready for that.
- If you go with a child do not forget to take mosquito cream and some medicines against stomach upset. I`ve seen many children in doctor`s office with vomit and high temperature – usual things in Kamelya World, unfortunately..
And another note, I would not recommend to visit Turkey before 15 of June due to unstable, sometimes cloudy or raining weather.

I wish everyone who played with or love beach volleyball – relax and just be yourself. It`s just a game so be patient for those who never played that before. My warm wishes to those who shares with me hours of this game in Kamelya World!

Hope this useful. We wish you have a nice vacation!
Kind regards,
Anton

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Anton A
spalding
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in the school holiday in June 2012 with our 2 teenage daughters 12 and 14. This was our first All Inclusive family holiday and we were slightly apprehensive . We had no reason to be worried , the whole holiday was thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing. Our room which was 2 bedrooms was beautifully comfortable and very clean, nice comfortable beds and pillows. The food , which is constantly provided in different areas through out the complex is very good, a superb selection of vegetable and salad , there wasn't as many meat or fish dishes in the evening but still plenty to choose from, breakfast and lunch choices were fantastic so by the evening we just ate light . Desserts were great with such a selection. The pools were all clean , we stayed around the pool with the pool bar with waterfall over it,we never had a problem with getting sunbeds and sun umbrellas together, plenty to for everyone. We never ate at one of the other restaurants as they get booked up quickly and we left it too late to book but we weren't bothered . Can't mention the entertainment as that's really our thing but there didn't appear to be that much on. We loved the complex and would definitely recommend it it anyone wanting a completely chilled out relaxing holiday .

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank normskideb
Constanta, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We've had a realy great vacation at Fulya Hotel.It is a beautiful place,very clean.It was the first time for me and my husband in Turkey and we were fully satisfied with the conditions offered.We went there from 15-22 of September 2012 and the weather was great too- 30-33 degrees C.
The beach was so clean,with fine sand and the water was worm and clear,you can see the fishes.
The food was good,not excellent,but you can find something that you like.We've had fish,lamb,chiken,beef-not good and many salads and dressings.The sweets were not good( for my taste) , but we've had fruits and was ok for me.
I liked that they were cleaning u're room every day .This was an important thing for us,They've changed the sheets only once,but wasn't a problem because at home we do the same-once a week.
A minus was the food ,I think- they could try hard with the taste of the food.I was dissapointed with the shrimps I eat ,they've put some spices on them and they've changed the taste completlly,I did't liked it.
I think,in the room they could be more attentive to details,to do some repairs because it is a 5 stars hotel,but this didn't bother us at all.
We are glad that we've choosed this hotel for our first time in Turkey.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank meehi
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have just returned from kamelya( 25th of august), I stayed with wife and daughter in fulya for two weeks and I must say we are completely satisfied.Service was very good, food was excellent, and generaly we had a great time. Just to point out this was my 4-th time in Turkey and I have plans to go back again.
P.S.I have been in more luxurious hotel than this one, but for family especially with small children
this is great hotel.Go there and you will not regret it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Vladimir J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colakli
Kamelya Selin Hotel
SENTIDO Turan Prince
#5 of 40 in Colakli
Oz Hotels Side Premium Hotel
Commodore Elite Suites & Spa

Been to Kamelya Fulya Hotel? Share your experiences!