“Great Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 43 Hotels in Colakli
Birmingham
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

3 female friends & I just returned from this hotel. We spent the whole stay saying to each other that we could not fault the hotel, 1 of us works for a large hotel chain so had lots to compare to. The hotel has gone all out to accommodate for everything and every body. For the me the animation team around the pool all day were great fun and got people interacting with them and their evening shows were excellent too. There was also a more relaxed end of the pool if you did not want this, I have never seen a pool the size this hotel has. There was plenty of loungers near the pool & on the adjacent beach. The food selection was fantastic at every meal time, again plenty of space to sit and never had to wait for tables. The staff were very friendly & clearly trained well to ensure guests get what they came for. The rooms were fantastic & modern, the cleaning standards were very high including the external areas, all day staff were there cleaning the external toilets etc.

Room Tip: I was concerned by booking a partial ocean view room that I would not be happy with this. But based...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Tina S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Komárno
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We've been here 4 times and it was always amazing.Personally,i liked the animation team last year much more.Waiters made our holiday funnier and crazier.So in this way I would like to say big thanks too,especially to Yunus,Osman,Bayram and Bünyamin and to Mustafa from lobby bar.I would recommend this hotel for young people who want a lot of fun and for families with children. Greetings from Slovakia:)

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Sofinkaa
Newcastle
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Returned from alba queen 12th June, myself 4 children 2 friends and there children on arrival we were given 3 rooms I explained that my friends had only 1 child each but I had 4 so 2 in 2 rooms and 5 in my own when we got to rooms we were all given the same size room I rang the reception was told that it was the way my travel agent had booked room, and I could have an extra bed in my room if I like the room I had only had a double bed and 2 sofas to use has beds I explained that surely he couldn't expect us all to stay in one room when my friends both had same size room has me, he said I could upgrade for 1000 euros, yeah 1000 euros I told him doesn't matter he became quite rude to me then put phone down , great start eh, anyway apart from that I can't complain for the rest of the holiday the food was lovely always plenty of choice, the staff were so friendly and hard working, pool area great always plenty of beds, only other thing I was disappointed with was the animation team never seem them for first 3 days then when the kids aged 12-14 asked to join in were always told it's for adults the kids club was only up to 12 years, but anyway they made there own entertainment, I would defintley return to alba but would make sure I told travel agent of sleeping arrangements.

• Stayed June 2014
7 Thank Brandolees
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We have just returned from another fantastic holiday at Alba Queen. The service at the hotel is second to none. The staff cannot do enough for you. We were allocated a family room with was an excellent size and suited our needs. The food in the restaurant is plentiful and really cannot complain at all there was something different on the menu for the 14 nights of our stay. Drinks were plentiful in the restaurant and better quality than last year. My only criticism in the restaurant is that it closes at 2100 and even to be open until 2130 would have been better. We spent our time in the evening in the pool bar and lobby bar and again the service was fantastic, you never had to wait for a drink the waiter's were always there to serve you, special thanks to Serkan and Yunus in the pool bar who do a fantastic job and also Mustafa in the lobby bar who always knew our drinks order.

The only complaint I would have this year would be the fact that the disco wasn't open many nights this year although there was an open air disco at Alba Resort which we could attend. The animation team were excellent during the day round the pool but the shows in the evening were a bit of a disappointment, they were not as good as last year.

We made so many nice friends when we were there and we will most definitely be returning next year.

Room Tip: Family Room
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
9 Thank perfectholidays_1
Nove Zamky, Slovakia
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Returned from Alba Queen on June 2nd. We had a great honeymoon with my wife in Alba Queen. Service was best, i have never seen so many waiters like in alba queen. They were everywhere and were always helpfull. Food was great and there were lots of options to choose from every day. I dont understand people complaining about lack of choices in Alba Queen. Food was always warm, always refiled so even when they run out of some food, it was quickly refiled. That was also truth about beverages machines on the beach or near the pool. Anytime they run out of cups, few minutes later they were restocks. I liked the options for eating ... you dont have to go back to your room from beach to shower and change the dress because you want to eat lunch ... there is beach restaurant, pool bar where they serve food. Speaking about pool bar, everybody here in reviews is talking about Bayram from the pool bar. I have to confirm that he was the best, the most hard working waiter in whole hotel. He made our vacation really confortable. So just find him and be a friend with him and your vacation will be much easier. Also they have a ala carte restaurants - thay and fish and that was really a great experience for me and my wife. I love the service there, i loved the food there so it is definitely worthy. It feels like you are in some expensive restaurants in France.
Room was prety good, not big, not small. What i like was that there were tee and coffee bags in room, so anytime you want a coffee, you can make one for you. Mini bar was always full and cleaning service was best. The biggest problem and thing which upset me the most was air condition. They have aircondition hours - morning 7-9am, afternoon 5-7pm and evening 9-11pm. That is all!!! ... that means that it is terribly hot during the night and i did not had a good sleep for whole two weeks we spent there. When you open balcony during the night first - there are mosquitos there and second, i did not feel safe with balcony open because they are easily accesible from others balconies. So one star in rating down only because AC. They have to change it because this is huge minus for them.
Animation team was mediocre at best. Some of the shows were really good, like Turkish nite or musical nite, but others, especially comedy show and king of alba show were very bad and not funny at all. During the day there are lots of things to do, like water gymnastic, darts, voleyball, soccer, mini golf, air gun, boccia game or lots of others, so that is good.
Beach was always clean and nice, i really enjoyed the water even in may, when temperature was about 70-73. There are lots of options to do on the beach, water sports, jet boats, water skying but i have to warn you ... they are pretty expensive. From 25-60 euros for activity. Something what bothered me a little were people from water activities center and sometimes people from animation team or spa team from hotel bothering us on beach with questions about buying some sort of product. They wanted us to buy tombola tickets, some water activity and other things. In the hotel or near the pool there were people from spa center asking us if we dont want to buy massage or turkish spa. I dont like people asking me to buy something when i am resting.
Hotel is focused especially on German clients and on family with childrens. So if you have problem with Germans :) or with kids, dont go there. I can imagine, that for family with kids this is best place. Everything is focused on childrens and if you will give them to animation team in morning, you dont have to see them till evening, because there is always something going on for childrens.
To sum it up at the end, i really liked the vacation in Alba Queen, food was great, service was lovely, beach and pool were nice and clean, room was ok, always clean and hotel was also very nice, very clean and had a nice aroma :). I did not liked at all AC system in hotel, people bothering us during our vacation and ofering services and i was expecting a little bit more from animation team, but i have to say, that they looked new there and were just starting theyr summer in Alba queen. I definitely recomend this hotel, especialy for families with children/s.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Daamian25
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Returned from a holiday at the Alba Queen on 1st June, very very good hotel clean comfortable and the food was great. The only downside was the rooms are on the small side and there is no lifeguard at the pool. Special thanks to Bayram and the team at the pool bar who gave exceptional service.

Room Tip: Ask for a side sea view room, the views are great.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Janice F
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2014

After spending 2 weeks here in may I can say I will be returning. There was myself, partner and 12 year old son.

The hotel is immaculate, the staff are fantastic and cannot do enough to help. i would like to extend a special thanks to Yunus who looked after us the whole time. There is some negative comments about the animation team and i believe that they are new to the hotel. I can only speak as i find and they too were great, especially Madih, Feruk and Amat (apologies if spelling is incorrect) My son had a great time and we did too.

Food was good and lots of variety, nothing negative to say other than the wifi signal was poor but so what!

I completely disagree with the points made about the Brits being ignored, we were looked after by all staff ho always served with a happy smile and took the time to speak to us, even when their English wasn't great.

All in all loved the place and hope to see you all soon!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
15 Thank Julie C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colakli
SENTIDO Turan Prince
Oz Hotels Side Premium Hotel
Kamelya Selin Hotel
Kamelya Selin Hotel
#4 of 43 in Colakli

Been to Alba Queen Hotel? Share your experiences!