“StevetheBandannaman”
Review of Green Beach Resort

Green Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Gundogan
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Worst Hotel I Have Ever Experienced!!!!!!!, Just Retuned 23/09/2013 From 14 Days, Would Rather Stayed In Colditz, The Hotel Is In The Middle Of Nowhere And It Costs £50 In a Taxi To Reach bodrum Town. On Arrival To Our Room The Bed Was Not Made Cigarette Butts On Floor And Rubbish Still In The Bin From Previous Occupant, Its Full Of Arogant Russians Pushing in All Of The Time, The Staff In The Hotel Welcome The Russians More Than British. Food Was Cold Every Single Day Had To Eat Soup For 14 Days On An All Inclusive Holiday The Russians Cue Up For Meal Time So Its 50 Deep On Arrival at Resteraunt And They Are So Greedy Piling Food on There Plates and No One Smiles, They Take All The Sun Loungers Around The Pools With There Towels Even The Hotel Staff Were Looking Forward To Leaving The Place Wich hould Say Enough I Cannot Tell You Hoe Much I Was Glad To Leave This !!it Hole

Room Tip: Best Tip For A Good Room Is To Choose Another Hotel As Far Away As Possible DONT GO !!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank stevebandanna
There are newer reviews for Green Beach Resort

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I am 69 years of age and have seen and stayed un all sorts of places around the world but this hotel is by a mile the worst place I have ever been to. The staff are surly and disdainful. They made me feel like I was a nuisance to them. Russians were boorish, greedy, wasteful and invariably drunk; never knowingly walk round someone when it's easier to walk through them.Bathroom grab rail fell off, shower screen fell down, neither were fixed. Cockroaches on floor. Bed was actually quite comfortable. Beach lift not working. The list is endless. Place needs renovating and, in my experience staff's bad attitude emanates from the top. Suggest new CEO with a more positive attitude.The most senior person I met was the Executive chef. If you were lucky you would get a one word grunt for an answer,that word was usually "no". Dinner time was changed to be less convenient to those returning from trips. Opening time 7.00 pm. Closing time 9.00 pm. The wine was taken away at 8pm. (Chilled red wine in tumblers.......sounds 5* doesn't it.) I was SO glad to leave and wouldn't stay there if they paid me. Miles from anywhere. They got me a "taxi" that ran out of diesel after 2 miles. One evening, returning from a trip, the driver got lost! Don't go there!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank ColinSussex_England
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Hello everyone, we just came back from 10 days in GBR. What you read here below in the other reviews its partially truth for sure its not 5 stars hotel, how we know everywhere in the world, BUT this place has the best location in all Bodrum. The room, are ok, the service its not so bad, and WIFI doesnt work properly. But again you are going to Bodrum not to spend time in the room, and not to make friend with the employers, you go there to swim, to get sun, to relax, and eat as much as you can, because everybody loves All inclusive))) and this is all you will get in GBR.

Enjoy your vacation and be patience)))

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GiulianaFlavia
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Where do i start firstly the good points
location you would be hard pushed to find a hotel with views that this hotel has got beutiful. very hilly and a little bit isolated but there is a local dolmus that runs every 15-20 mins to gundogan bus station from where you can get buses to just about anywhere.
staff this is where we start to go downhill i can count on one hand how many good staff this hotel has got the rest are lazy and unhelpful 1 example needed some toilet rolls asked told no finish had to go main lobby wc and get toilet paper from there.
resteurant iv'e been in roadside cafe's with better service ask for butter told no finish if you want some will be extra. ketchup no finish etc etc
food was'nt very good but always found somthing to eat but not very hot.
russian guests iv'e never met a race as arrogant illmanerd and ignorant as these people meal times they are like locusts soon as doors open they swarm piling plates with food and fruit and then waste it don't say you have'nt been warned.
pools are lovely we spent most of our time at the waterfall pool with some other brits who really made our holiday.on the final day of our holiday we had a 17:30 pick-up so we checked out at 12:00 and asked if there was anywhere we could shower after spending the rest of the day by the pool they said spa would be available went to spa about 16:00 told no finish went to reception asked where we could shower told to see pool guys in outside pool the showers they wanted us to use were the outside showers by the pool i was absolutly disguted and gobsmacked what a way to treat paying guests we had beg a cleaner for some bath towels and ask our brilliant friends we met if we could use thier rooms.to sum up this hotel at the moment has got little or nothing going for it apart from the view my rating for this hotel 3* at a push.

2  Thank updowls
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This could be the worst 5 star hotel you can go to its waste of money
I booked for 4 night at family room could not stay more than 1 night.
Its suppose to be all inclusive but had to eat out because overcrowding it is very difficult to get food or table to sit.
Room was full of ants they refuse to change it because apparently this was one of the better rooms beds were old floor were dirty bathroom is dark filthy and breaking into pieces our holiday is ruined and money wasted.
Avoid Avoid Avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: Dont go to this hotel
5  Thank b g
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have always travelled on a budget, we always expect to get what we've paid this is a 5 star AI but no ice-creams and sprits aren’t included. This is just missing some traditional customer services and just a few basic gestures would go a long way. Hopefully with a new manager they could turn this hotel around. The hotel is beautiful and clean, lovely setting. The weather is lovely and the food is good, some of it is freshly cooked while you wait, the bread straight from the oven is amazing. You literally stand and watch them cook it and it's straight on to the plate, the same with the fruit. The lift to the beach is good fun and the bar snack seem to be better by the beach for children, they have sausages, chicken nuggets and pancakes. There are some pushing in and even some adults pushing in front of children. The restaurant is quite small for the size of the hotel, and feels a bit cramped. If you manage to get a table in the outside area the views are beautiful. The hotel is quite far from anything and is very quiet, there is a small town a 5 minute bus journey away for 2TL and from there you can get a bus to Bodrum for 5TL. The hotel offer a coach trip to Bodrum for 13E. We did it ourselves and it's much cheaper and easy.

Most of the staff are polite and lovely, they work long hours and for basic money so I am not surprised they are not always the most helpful and enthusiastic people especially when most people don't speak to them nicely or use manners. This is one place it could be slightly better but that's down to management cutting corners/saving money and employing too many young un-experienced staff.
Entertainment staff are fantastic, always busy and make an effort to speak. Jambo-Jambo is very funny.
Sunbeds-I haven’t been anywhere when this is not a problem, I am not sure if this will ever be resolved. If you want a bed the only thing you can do it get up early and get a towel down. It is annoying when people who reserve beds and don’t use them all day.
The pools are clean and lots to choose from, the slides are good fun. The lifeguard by the slides is very sweet and makes an effort to say hello.
This is a mixed review, first impressions count and as ours was unfortunately not great due to the circumstances.
Firstly- On the beach didn't notify us of a flight time change, it was only an hour later but had it been the other way we could of missed our flight. They hadn't told us about the later time or our transfer company, we missed our transfer. Thankfully they put us on another one but had to wait an hour, then he had to do lots of drop-offs, the driver put on a horror film, with my 2 children in the bus and no seat-belts. and the hour transfer we paid for turned into 3 with waiting time. It was nearly 1am and hot, we hadn't had a drink for hours as we thought it would be a hour and we would be at our hotel. There are many cheap on line travel agents and we have used before and they have been fine, I know you get what you pay for but notifying us of something as simple as a flight change is basic.

We got to the hotel and we hadn't been allocated rooms, speaking to someone the following days, in that hotel they don't pre-book your rooms it's luck when you get there as to what you get. We were given 2 rooms as requested. I thought as a joint booking they would be next door but they were at opposite ends of the corridor. 1st room was fine, no balcony (that's not guaranteed) very clean and modern rooms.

2nd room, 1 double bed for 3 of us, I asked about beds and he said, we don't know how many beds are in each room until we go inside, they offered to go and find us another bed. This took over an hour and we really just wanted to sleep after a long journey. When we finally got into bed and tried to shut the door I realized the lock was broken, the man at reception tried his best to fix it and couldn't so said to me 'tomorrow' we had to sleep in a room with the lock not working. If it had been earlier and not a long journey I would of asked to be moved. I asked if we could have a drink as it had been a long process, he wasn't going to but then said 'ok' he returned with 1 bottle of warm water.

2nd night- Myself and 2 children woken at 1;30am by someone banging on our door, demanding in broken English 'open, it's an emergency' I tried to ignore it but they weren't giving up. I opened the door to find 2 hotel workers telling me they have come to take a bed. At first I thought it was some kind of joke as we were a bed short the night before. I said that I was using all the beds and it was early morning and my children were trying to sleep. She barged past and said she was coming in to check. By this time she had managed to scare the children wondering what was going on. With a quick apology she turned and left.

I think a bit of staff training and organising the rooms/check-in and improving the AI with things like ice-cream this hotel could be a popular and busy resort.

Room Tip: If you are lucky enough to get a room with enough beds- hang on to them.
4  Thank Loveholidays2999
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Firstly, none of the staff seemed rude to me, merely confused and/or incompetent. Like earlier reviewers said, I spoke a couple of words of Turkish (please, thank you, hello etc), and maybe that made a difference. Their English was poor, and the room we eventually got was spacious and well-located but had very intermittent hot water, a toilet that didn't flush (this was rectified immediately), and broken doors and one wardrobe. The food was OK, you merely had to pick the fresher stuff that was made in front of you, this was pretty good.

I didn't encounter any trouble with pro-Russian bias, or rudeness from Russians/Ukrainians/Belarussians - it seems previous reviewers knew nationalities from peoples' appearances better than I - not sure whey they were all categorised as Russians by them. In addition, what one culture sees as rude is not the same as another. Queuing rules are not the same the world over. As others have said the hotel has a wonderful location and should be fantastic.

And finally, the main reason for the "poor" rating is the fact that when we came in at 11.45pm we were ignored for a while, and then given two successive rooms where there were not enough beds to actually sleep. The staff admitted to me they did not know how many beds were in each room until they looked, and did not pre-allocate rooms to pre-booked guests! In the end we paid a modest amount for an upgrade. The biggest issue with the hotel was the lack of communication and information given to the guests as they came in. Our brilliant rep, Aykan, and a friend we made in a local Gundogan restaurant, Sam, both explained they employed a lot of students and that the hotel would soon close down and was being examined by the Turkish tourist board for bad management.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank brummie83rotterdam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gundogan
Cape Bodrum Beach Resort
#11 of 97 in Bodrum City
Kervansaray Resort
Kervansaray Resort
#19 of 24 in Torba

Been to Green Beach Resort? Share your experiences!