Bodrum Imperial
Club Acacia(Turgutreis)
Portofino Hotel(Ortakent)
  • Beachfront
1,516 results
All reviewsthomson repskids clubsnack barice creammain poolturkeyquiet poolfamily hoteladult poolgreat holidaybunk bedsbig poolfamily lifewelcome meetingoutdoor cinemacrazy golfyoung children
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Just returned from a fantastic 11 night holiday at the above hotel. From the minute we arrived we were greeted by a beaming Helen (Thomson team leader) who told us to take a seat while she checked us in. This took less than 10 minutes by which time the hotel porters had labelled our cases and whisked them off to our room. We were pleasantly surprised with our family room which was spacious and consisted of two large rooms, one with twin beds and the other with a large double. Both rooms had a fridge and a tv. Air conditioning was a little temperamental but as soon as we mentioned it to Helen, she had it sorted immediately. The welcome meeting was good the next day with the reps providing great knowledge and information. The hotel pools were fantastic. The small pool was even covered with a canopy to protect little ones from the sun. The daytime entertainment was providing by two great reps, Cha Cha Charly and Flamy Amy. These two were a great double act and you would never guess that they had only met 6 weeks earlier. They entertained both children and adults with their fun, daily activities from 11am-4pm and again from 7.30-11pm every evening. Even the fussiest of eaters would struggle to find fault with the restaurant as there was so much choice. There was "live cooking" morning, noon and night and the waiters/waitresses were second to none. It was very clean with staff sweeping and clearing spillages within a nano second!

The beach was ok, a bit shingly but we did visit it a couple of mornings to feed the fish from the jetty. We stayed by the pools mostly as the kids loved them.

If I had to find a negative it would be the price charged for the crazy golf and table tennis. This was 1euro in Menorca last year which was fine but this hotel charged 10euro! Slightly annoying when the Swedish/Norwegian guests were getting it for free. Also the whole "sunbed" issue in the morning was a bit of a joke. No beds were supposed to be reserved before 8am but if you left it till then, you'd be hard pushed to find an unreserved one. The hotel need to reinforce their policy by removing towels that have been placed on beds at the crack of dawn!

We did one excursion, "Bodrum by Night". It's a trip to the Gold Centre followed by dinner at the harbour in bodrum to watch the sunset then time to wander around the town. Unfortunately we had a drunk couple on our trip who decided to run up the credit card and kept us all there far too long. We ended up eating an hour later than we should have (not great with 2 kids) and got less than an hour to sightsee before getting the coach back to the hotel.

Despite the above, this was probably the best holiday we have had and that was all down to the Thomson Reps. Helen and her team at the Imperial are a great bunch of people and work very hard to ensure you have a fabulous holiday. Nothing is too much trouble. Charly and Amy also deserve a special mention as the entertainment was second to none and they truly are the nicest people you could ever wish to meet. My kids are already asking if they can see them again next year! A great family holiday :)

Room Tip: We were in block 8 which was furthest away from the pool area so was nice and quiet in the evening.
2  Thank NatsW19
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We have just returned from a 2 week holiday with our 3 children ages 8,7 & 5. Pool and slide was fab with a good children's pool too. Food was good and always something for the kids and adults. Bar staff friendly especially cihan. The ice cream man and my son were best pals. Entertainment team was fab and cha cha charly and flamy amy made constant effort with all the kids and grown ups. Abby ga ga from kids club even bought my girls a bracelet when they left. Any negative comments can only be by people who didn't give them a chance as they were all fab to my family. Thank you for a wonderful holiday. Gareth, laura and kids :)

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank garrth
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We went for a week for my girlfriends birthday end of may. Hotel was very good from an objective point of view.

Location wasn't the best but it was a 45min bus to bodrum every half hour so not the end of the world. Taxi was 50lira to Gümbet which offers a good night out.

The hotel was very clean, had a lot on offer but at night the entertainment for adults was all but non-existent. We met some people out there which relieved this but I think without this it would be too quiet of an evening for us.

The bar manager Cihan Güzeldere was fantastic, a real credit to the hotel, and provided us with entertainment and also advice on where to go. Perfect english and his impressions had us in stitches every night. He even showed us around Gümbet on his night off and waved us off when we left.

The other staff were mostly great too, all very helpful, friendly and polite with a couple of exceptions.

Both a la carte resturants were fantastic, and the manager at tavern by the sea was so welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. The main resturant was satisfactory but when cooking for over a 1000 guests we didn't expect the earth, and it was all freshly cooked with lots to choose from.

Flight times aren't great and having to check out at midday with our coach leaving at 9.30pm wasn't ideal. There is an option to keep the room until 6pm but at
€80 I think this is an insult to the guests.

Also extras like premium drinks, premium cocktails, safes etc are all charged in Euros which also seems like a way to make more from the guests as we assumed it was lira as when handwritten doesn't look much different!

Overall it was a lovely holiday but I wouldn't go again as a couple. But for families it seemed like the perfect resort.

One thing did worry me, I nearly stepped on a used needle washed up on the beach, the guy very nonchalantly took it from me and through it in a bin. Maybe this should have been picked up before guests got there as from his reaction it seemed like it wasn't the first time.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 31, 2013

this hotel is good for the money but lets get things right for a 4 star hotel i expect to have a bed which is not rock hard and rooms walls not paper thin so you hear every crying kid and there parnets shouting at them at 7 am every morning hoildays are for relaxing and not to be woken up but then if you dont get up and put your towel on your sun bed you will not get one there is a rule of no resvering untill 8 am but no one listens i would also expect the room towels to be changed every day and not have to go to rectption to ask let alone your pool towel you have to keep for a week before changing unless you want to pay 10 euros for a clean one and the room safe is 15 euros the mini fringe in our room which in my opinon was a health hazard didnt work air conditioning warm no tea or coffee making faclities in the room i dont know who comes up with thses star ratings i asume they have never exprinced a true 4 or 5 star. hotel pool bar smells and is infested with wasps lunch and dinner times are like a free for all and not a enjoyable experience no where to get anything to eat after 9 pm i dont think the hotel can acomadate for every one when it is full dont get me wrong the hotel and grounds are clean swimming pool good but no shallow end at £1500 pound for a week it is cheap i feel for a 4 star hotel with no waiter sercive around pool and no kettle in the room they have it all wrong the staff and reps work hard and do a good job my kid loved the kids club and parks i think if it was advertised as a 2/3 star i would not be writing this now

4  Thank nathan r
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Late flight times aside, the hotel was amazing. I travelled with my wife and 7 tear old son, we hadn't been to turkey before and didn't really know what to expect and had only booked a week . The pictures of the hotel we had seen and the reviews had been really positive but we still had that nervous feeling when we arrived at the hotel, but we were quite surprised. The check in was quite fast and got to the room quickly, the room was basic but still what we needed. We woke up a bit late for breakfast but the "snack bar" was open and we were quite surprised by the choice offered. The hotel wasn't a quarter full when we got there so we had plenty of choice where to set up by the pool. The pool itself is amazing and we found it and the toilets around to be spotless, both my son and myself enjoyed the waterslide and went on it loads and there was plenty of lifeguards on duty so I felt safe enough to let my son go in on his own. The food was great and there was plenty of choice, I was concerned as I am dairy intolerant but all the food had labels next to them telling you if they had dairy, wheat or suitable for vegetarians. The choice of tapas was incredible and I got hooked on the olive as they were really fresh. The staff around were helpful and could not do enough, a plate only had to be put down for a few seconds and staff were ready to take it away. The entertainment team were amazing as they put on things for adults and the kids as well as the Kids Club, my son loved the two main members "Flamy Amy" and "Cha Cha Charley" as they always had time for the kids. Also at around 8pm some nights there was a film shown in the "Cinema Garden" and I felt it quite safe to let my son go there and lounge on a bean bag and watch the films and he felt quite happy going to the bar himself to get a slush cocktail. We didn't really spend much time at the beach but that was mainly as my son enjoyed swimming in the pool and going down the slide, the hotel is very secure and we were quite comfortable letting him run around with his mates without getting into too much trouble. The hotel itself is a bit isolated as it is set in a cove and surrounded by residential villas and is about 20 minutes away from anything, but the local bus stopped outside the hotel and it only cost 5lira each way to get into Bodrum. Bodrum itself is an amazing town and has a nice harbour full of yachts and stuff to but, we didn't get much hassle off the guys trying to sell fake clothes and for the majority we were left alone to wander and look at everything. One bit of advise is that if you want to go to the market in Turgutries on a Saturday take the local bus as it costs 5lira each way instead of the £14 Thompson charged on a coach and as the local bus runs every hour you can take your time and have a good look but we found after a couple of hours that was enough, but with this you aren't guaranteed to get back when you want as the bus only carries around 25 people but truthfully we didn't have any trouble. This is somewhere we would definitely go again as the hotel is family friendly and totally spot on and I can't find hardly any faults at all other that little things like the fridge in our room didn't work, but then again we didn't realty need it. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone as we had a great time.

2  Thank Mog2000